Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on October 7, 2012
After hearing reports of other products having issues with broken slides, poor samples, etc. I was hoping this would be better. Indeed it is way beyond my expectations...no broken slides, everyone is a very well prepared AND mounted specimen. I did have to take a blower brush to a couple to remove some dust but not a big deal. Box is nice and slides fit well...and they were already in their correct slots...not mixed up. I didn't find any blah slides..in fact many are outstanding and lots of fun to study and view the intricate and beautiful detail. Spent an enjoyable couple of days going through all 100 of them and photographing my favorites. I also noticed they didn't try the easy way out of slippping in a bunch of easy for them, non-interesting to us specimens. There are a couple but even they are OK.

So final recommendation....excellent choice for a sample collection that covers a wide range of fields.
Bob Berta
on March 18, 2013
Incredible set. Beautifully labled and boxed. My friend the phlebotimist was even impressed. She said some were better done than others, but was impressed by the number of silver mounts in the set. Could not possibly make this quality of slides myself.

However, the pictures they display on the posting are ridiculous. No slides look like that. You will get a mosquito leg or wing, but you don't get entire insects or multicolored slides like they depict. It's ridiculous, and too bad they advertise that when the product itself is pretty nice.
review image
on November 15, 2013
I only have one negative comment: I ordered "Set A" on Amazon, received it and marked it "A" but then went on the AmScope website to see what else they have to find that what I got was really set "B". I don't care because I plan to buy more, but organization would be nice... Amazing little kit. The quality is great. Nice wooden box, all so well organized and labeled. Sure, this isn't high-end lab quality, and you'll have to wipe some dust off the slides, but these really are an amazing collection of slices for the price. I am going to buy a few more sets. (Look on AmScopes website though, I think a few of the sets seem to repeat some slides for some odd reason.)
on August 21, 2013
This is a really good set of slides at an amazing price. Please do not be deterred by the following statement as I would purchase them again anytime. However, with this said, I did find some small flaws with these slides. The preparation of a few of them was less than professional with debris, chipped glass, etc... However, once again, they are really good slides. Just don't expect perfection.
on December 23, 2012
While you can certainly prepare your own slides (and we have), it's hard to get them quite as thin as needed to limit as much detail as possible to a single focal plane... basically this means if you just throw stuff on a blank slide, it's hard to get much of it in focus, as the microscope wants to focus on as narrow a plane as possible.

Obviously, it's not an issue with prepared slides; more, there are some pretty interesting choices, though don't expect a wide spectrum of colors from this set. Many are limited to a small pallette (lots of red) but structurally there is a lot of variation.

Glad we purchased.
on April 16, 2015
The slides themselves are pretty good, I didn't see anything wrong with them. The price is very low, much lower than buying slides individually from a big biology supply company. A few of the labels had typos on them ("aut" instead of "ant" for example!). They are not numbered and appear to be in random order in the box. The wooden box is poor, some of the slides don't fit well at and slip out of the slots, or have to be wedged in there.

My sons enjoyed looking at them, and I will use them as example sides in a biology lab.
on October 5, 2015
Nice set of slides. Arrived well packaged, and in excellent condition. Wood box is nice, and holds all slides securely. One thing I did notice, however, is the slides arrived a little dusty (probably from transport). No problem, I just cleaned them off once before viewing. No need to clean them again after that. A very nice and well made set of slides that will give anyone hours of enjoyment.
on December 30, 2015
Purchased these slides to accompany the new microscope that was also just purchased. The slides in this set are great variety, and offer hours of studying. I gave it 4 stars as a few of the slides are not cut as long as the slots in the case so they have more movement to slide back and forth. Down the road this may cause for some chipping of the the slides, but only time will tell. Overall this is a great set and would recommend to anyone looking for a set with a good variety.
on December 31, 2015
I ordered these at the same time as some items with Prime and they all arrived the same day. I was ecstatic! Its a nice, sturdy wooden box with a list of what is on each slide. There is also a paper under the slides that say which number they are. The slides are all nicely labeled and easy to read. Id love for there to be more detail stating what the items are sometimes though. For example, one of them is just labeled "Fruit" while others are much more specific. Great purchase for my microscope
on December 10, 2014
This item came damaged, it looks nice and a good quality but the tabs that separate the slides are all broken on one side so that the slides are loose and messed up. I will update this once I get a replacement.

New one came and it is in perfect shape. It has different slides in it than the first one too. The first one must have been the wrong set. This set matches the other reviewers uploaded photo.