5.0 out of 5 stars Amana 25 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator
This is the thried Amana Refridgerator that I have purchased new. The first was pre 1990 the second was after 1997 and the most recent was last month. To this day all three are still up and running and have never needed any work or replacement. Just updating my kitchen. I HIGHLY SUGGEST THIS ONE TO ALL
Published on June 16, 2011 by V. Morrison

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad News
We owned an Amana refer for over 15 years until it stopped cooling in the refer and the freezer wouldn't defrost. I checked on getting it repaired but tech said would be better off buying a new one.
So ...since we had good luck with Amana in the past we bought the one listed here.
Published 22 months ago by MusicMan

5.0 out of 5 stars Amana 25 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator, June 16, 2011
This review is from: Amana 25-Cubic-Foot Side-by-Side Refrigerator, ASD2522WRB, Black (Misc.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly liking this Amana., February 24, 2012
I have been using this fridge for a little over two months now and it is so far keeping everything within it good and cold and/or frozen. Our prior fridge was a Frigidaire that was around 30 years old. It was making extra noises, ran almost constantly and had a few less cubic feet, but still worked. We have noticed that our electric bill took a drop after starting to use this Amana, so it is more efficient. The two plastic drawers within the Amana look a bit flimsy. I hope they do not break as they are expensive to replace. The three drawers in the Frigidaire were much more sturdily made. The bottom drawer was for meats and stayed a little colder. The Amana does not have a place especially for meats.

We had to add plumbing to the house to get water for the ice maker. Just got that done within the last few days. The ice maker is now doing its job. Every few hours we hear it dropping ice. As the instructions stated, I threw out the first several batches of ice.

I would have liked to have greater control over the spacing of the shelves. This Amana is suppose to have several cubic feet more space than the Frigidaire, but it doesn't seem to hold any more than the Frigidaire did. Appears to me that there is a lot of space within the Amana that is not able to be used. I do like the tempered glass shelves that will stop small spills from going clear to the bottom of the fridge. The door could have used one more tray and a place to keep eggs where they could be accessed easily.

So far, I am liking this Amana. Other than the inefficient use of space and the flimsy looking drawers, it seems to be working well so far. Knock on wood. I hope it keeps up. I am giving it four stars. Will update in the future if needed.

This refrigerator, which was purchased from Amazon, was delivered by a truck, unpacked by the driver, and then wheeled into the house and placed where it was requested. The outside packing material was removed by the driver. Very good service by Amazon.

March 9, 2013.

Have been using this refrigerator for around fifteen months now and it continues to work quite well. No problems with it whatsoever. The ice maker also continues to work quite well. There are only few complaints I might make so far. One is that the glass shelves are dirt magnets. Every few weeks I find that I have to clean a shelf or two. The other is it looks to me as though the shelves could have been several inches deeper front to back. It looks as though there was enough space for that and it would have added a little more storage capacity. I would recommend a couple of wire baskets for the freezer section to keep smaller items in. They keep small items from falling out. I like the Spectrum 47970 Medium Storage Basket.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad News, June 26, 2012
Big mistake. The same thing that happened to our 15 year old refer hit the new one after only 2 years. Of course it is out of warranty now so I guess we have to pay 200 or more to get it fixed or buy a new fridge every 2 years. The freezer coils get covered with ice and the fridge is warm ....inexcusable for an appliance this new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far!, February 4, 2012
Zimberg (Richmond, VA) - See all my reviews
I haven't had this long at all, so I can't speak for longevity. I love it so far, though. I ordered it on January 20th (a Friday), and it arrived on the 25th (the following Wednesday) at 8am! The delivery company already had it unpacked and ready to go, they rolled it right into my kitchen in less than 5 minutes. After hooking up the water and power lines, everything worked flawlessly. It's cooling both sides fine on medium settings and the ice/water maker/dispenser is great! I can barely hear it running when the compressor kicks in. For the price I am very satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Energy saving, really nice looking, runs quietly!, January 14, 2012
I grew up with a very large, grey, Amana freezer always in our home and I do not remember my grandparents ever having anyone show up to work on it - despite several moves and a time span from the 1950's to the early 1980's, that freezer was always dependable.

And, that's why I chose this refrigerator - dependability! For me, buying a new refrigerator is a big expenditure and I need it to last a very long time. I also need a quiet, energy conserving appliance and this Amana fits the bill on that as well!

It took a little while to get used to a black refrigerator after always having beige or white ones, but now I really like it!

I also like the fact I can now go shopping and take advantage of grocery store sales and keep the freezer filled and I especially like the fact that with the side-by-side feature, I no longer have to worry about getting hit in the head by a top freezer door while putting food inside the fridge part!

I am very happy with this purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very large and smart spacing, October 2, 2011
This refrigerator is great for any kitchen, especially if you want a black refrigerator, quite unique because most are white, but never the less energy efficient and up to date with today standards

4.0 out of 5 stars really like the spacing and water/ice options, May 10, 2012
This is a nicely designed fridge with a great PUR water system. Inside layout is convenient and components are durable. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful refrigerator, February 28, 2012
After having an old freezer on top, fridge on bottom style, my husband and I broke down and bought this, and I am so glad we did! We have had it for 3 months now and it is still great. No complaints here! I definitely recommend this refrigerator.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fridge, April 10, 2014
I have had this fridge for 2 years now with no issues. Only thing I have had to do so far is replace the filter. The light in the fridge will let you know when its time to do that and keep your water fresh. The adjustable knobs in the fridge will allow you to adjust the tempatures and keep the sides however cool you want them. Produces ice at a fast rate. We never run out of ice or space for that matter in a family of three. Great fridge!

2.0 out of 5 stars Thought it was time for an upgrade...but, June 22, 2012
I saw this fridge along with the matching range and dishwasher on sale and thought it was time for and upgrad. I bought the black side-by-side about one and half years now. I am VERY disappointed with this purchase! It is sooo noisy that at first I thought a burglar had broken in but it was just the icemaker dropping ice! I DO like the amount of space in both the fridge part and freezer part... but that's about it!

ARRAY(0xad9d1900)