Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Fidlar UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale

on January 1, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Amana AER5830VAW Self-Cleaning Electric Range has been an excellent appliance so far. This is the first time I've owned an Amana, but I've owned/used several Whirlpool, Maytag, and GE ranges. Of course, these days many are all manufactured by one or two companies. The AER5830VAW has a good combination of aesthetic design and useful features.

I consider the look and design of this range to have a bit of a modern feel with classic details. The glass ceramic cooktop is sleek and inviting. The top of the range with the knobs and control center is a bit more classic. It does have an easy touch digital control center for timers, oven temperature, etc. The front of the unit is fairly standard, but I really like the extra-large oven window. That combined with a bright interior light gives you a great view of what is cooking without having to open the door.

The glass ceramic cooktop is great. So far, it's been easy to maintain and clean. The heating elements heat up very quickly. The AER5830VAW includes two 6" and two 10" elements with a good amount of spacing in-between them. If you are used to the standard heating coil ranges it will take a little getting used to, but I've really been enjoying the quick heating elements of the Amana and more even cooking.

The oven itself seems spacious and includes two racks. It has 4.8 cubic feet, which is standard or a little larger I believe, but it feels like it has plenty of room. While the self-cleaning feature isn't really anything new, it is nice to have and is adjustable based on how much cleaning needs to be done. Again, the large viewing window is definitely a nice addition. I felt like the oven was a little slow to preheat, but that could have just been my excitement (guess I should remember that a watched pot never boils). It has timed bake, as well as the ability to do a delay bake. The custom broil option is also nice, allowing you to broil delicate items at a lower heat. The oven door is nice and sturdy as well.

One downside is the storage drawer on the bottom. I've noticed that just about every manufacturer has started to neglect the storage drawer, using just a small flimsy system. Storage compared to my older range was probably cut in half, or at least it feels that way. Upon opening the drawer it doesn't stay on track as well and isn't really smooth at all. Again, this seems to be a trend with ranges today and not just this Amana model.

Overall, the Amana AER5830VAW is a nice looking unit that provides some great features. I'd give the unit five stars on the most important features: the oven and cooking surface. I really hesitated on whether to give it four stars or five stars overall. While the storage drawer isn't vital to the operation of the range, it did give it a bit of a cheap feel. Had the drawer been sturdier and the design a bit more modern I would have gone five stars all the way. But overall, I don't think you could go wrong with this range for its features and cooking ability.
VINE VOICEon February 9, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a fan of this stove (the Amana AER5830VAW). First off, the measurements were spot on, and the 30" width was exactly right for the snug space it was fitted into between two cabinets, which is always a concern.

The glass cooking surface heats up VERY quickly, especially compared to my old Kenmore unit, which is pretty great. I've also found the surface very easy to clean all the way to the raised edges, and I haven't had any problem or concerns around chipping or scratching yet, and find the dark surface (i) contrasts nicely with the white body, and (ii) makes little splashes of spaghetti sauce or whatever much less noticeable than on some white surfaces. Plus, the surface really does look good.

While I haven't done this yet, the oven space itself is spacious enough to put a roasting pan with a turkey into it without feer that it is too tight. It has (possibly standard?!) 5 tray racks for raising/lowering the racks, so nothing too unusual there. It came with 2 racks. I like the big'ish window to be able to see your food cooking, which is vastly better than my old unit's, which would always force me to open the door (thus letting the heat out) to see how things were progressing.

The controls are fairly straightforward, with digital controls for some features like oven temperature and times, and the digital clock, and old-school knobs to control the burners. All of these seem to work without any real hassle, as they should. One minor grips is that I find the white knobs a little cheap looking compared to the rest of the unit - but not enough to warrant a big strike against this stove; I just thought this was a little place where Amana could improve upon the product.

Below the oven is a small-medium sized drawer where you can store pots, pans, or whatever. I wasn't too impressed by this, as it seemed a bit light / flimsy compared to the rest of the unit. I'll be using it to store some flat pans and similar items which I don't use often, as I don't want to have to open/close the thing every time I want to get at any of my regular-use items.

Overall, I am very pleased with this product. It has performed very well, is stylish but not gaudy,has a good cooktop (which is what I use the most), and fairly straightforward functionality. I would recommend this product.
on January 12, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First of all let me say that Amazon's appliance program is a hit with me. The JB Hunt delivery service was flawless, and the installation folks were very professional and communicated well. I have had installation services from Sears and Home Depot, this program from Amazon was just as good if not better. I would have all the confidence in the world purchasing again.

On the the range:

The range itself is nice and simple in many of its features, except the actual stove top. Which is fantastic. The electric flat surface is really nice and is a bit of a "wow" thing when you first see it.

I personally had this unit installed in a rental property and the appearance is very "upscale" without being too much so.

The cooking surface is flat with a raised lip to catch liquids that spill and is super easy to keep clean, compared to traditional cooking surfaces.

Because the old range was hauled away, I couldn't do a completely unbiased "speed test" for boiling water (or other tests), but this range does seem to heat just as fast. The oven seems great and the larger window is nice. Although the claim on the extra large window seems a bit misleading ... or at least exaggerated a little .... most ovens now have a larger window compared to the much older units. But not so much compared to most newer units. So take that selling point with a grain of salt. I would not let that be your big buying point on this range.

What I would contemplate, is the super slick flat cooking area, coupled with some newer digital features and you have a quality oven that (seems so far) to work great and is also up to date with modern oven technology.
on January 23, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We're not professional chefs, but we are home cooks, and we have been using this range daily.

The Amana dimensions are: H:47" W:30" D:25" which must be a standard width and depth since it fit exactly where our old range used to be. It's a completely electric range with a digital clock/timer and different levels of self cleaning depending on how much you dirtied your oven (i.e. it basically just has different heat levels to burn off whatever food residue may have spilled). There are 5 rack positions and a "hot surface" indicator. I can't imagine using the delay bake function very often except maybe with bread, but it's still a nice added feature. The (2) 6 inch and (2) 10 inch burners give ample room on the range so there's no overcrowding of pots/pans.

Keep in mind that although a gas range is preferable for serious cooks, it's not the best idea when you have kids who may accidentally turn on the gas. The coil range is the cheapeast, but a smooth cooktop is so much easier to clean. This is a conventional oven (not convection).

I found that the overall satisfaction of the Amana brand was ranked low by JD Power, but keep in mind rankings were based on brand satisfaction and NOT by model/appliance. We actually have an Amana washer/dryer set which has lasted us 15 years without any sort of repair to date.

Very satisfied so far with this range but will update if any concerns arise.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been using this range for almost a month now and I've yet to find any problems. I had a convection Kenmore range for almost ten years prior to this one and both the oven and the cooktop are much better with the new range. The cooking surface heats up astonishing fast compared to any other range I've used and the oven cooks more evenly and I'm able to follow the instructions on most packages without burning whatever I'm making. I also like how the black stove top hides the burn marks much better than the white tops do. All controls are well placed and easy to understand and seeing the food in the oven is easy with the big window and bright light. So I would highly recommend this range to anyone that asked.
on November 27, 2012
This is my favorite oven that I have ever had!!!! I love to cook and cook frequently. I just got the oven today and used it for the first time. I was so excited!!! The large burners are in the front (which I have always wanted). The stove and the oven heat up soooooo fast. Water boils extremely fast. The large oven window is amazing and with the oven light on, I didn't even have to open it up while baking something tonight. It is an amazing oven and I will continue to buy this brand in the future.
on August 13, 2013
but expect to have to purchase the plug and have someone install it.
the delivery took a while but they brought it into my house for me nicely.
I could not even figure out where to put the plug so had an electrician come install it.
beautiful stove though and once it's in i'm sure i'll love it.
on December 7, 2013
The stove heat never heats enough, leaving my frozen dinners cold after 20 minutes. I call the service line they send in a local technician, who says the stove works as it should (because it gives off heat, and the heating my food direction is wrong. My old stove worked fine with any food direction. I ask the customer service line what can they do for me, they say they cannot replace, exchange, or return the product, only repair. I paid money for this.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 13, 2015
Made of thin sheet metals. Paint chips easily. Discoloration of plastic vent bar at the door top. Overall poor quality.
on September 19, 2013
This was a great product serviced by a great company! I had to reschedule the delivery due to a very busy schedule. The delivery company was very helpful and willing to do whatever was needed to get me the item. Once I received the item I found there was a metal trim piece which was damaged and bent a bit. I contacted the company and they were very prompt with a response. I had a new trim piece being delivered to me within a day! I would recommend this product and company to anyone thinking about buying this stove!