5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal on Dishwasher
This dishwasher works well. Quiet and cleans the dishes thoroughly. Great deal for the money. And, we received it within 3 days of placing the order here on Amazon.... We used Amazon Prime free shipping. The drivers delivered the dishwasher into the kitchen and placed it where I wanted it. I highly recommend this machine.
Published on March 24, 2012 by Verna

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic, but functional, roomy, and cheap (reliability issues)
Published on August 14, 2012 by Matthew R. Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal on Dishwasher, March 24, 2012
Verna "Verna" (Northern VA USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Dishwasher, August 26, 2012
This review is from: Amana Tall Tub Dishwasher, ADB1400PYB, Black (Misc.)
Ordered this dishwasher based on others reviews and it really is a great value for the money. As others have stated it would be even nicer if it had a rinse cycle. It gets all the dishes really clean and is much better than the one we replaced. It took a while to be shipped, around three weeks, but when it did ship it was here the next day.

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic, but functional, roomy, and cheap (reliability issues), August 14, 2012
This review is from: Amana Tall Tub Dishwasher, ADB1400PYB, Black (Misc.)
This is a good deal. We've had ours for a few weeks now and it's working well. It's pretty quiet, at least compared to our old one (there are newer ones that are quieter, I'm sure), it gets dishes clean, and it has a lot of room. The negatives so far are only that the bottom rack doesn't have a lot of options for deep dishes or pans, you kind of have to put them on the side (where the little spikes are farther apart) or just lay them face down (and then they take up a lot of room); and that the dishes don't really dry off completely--but we're not using a rinse agent, and it's been summer in NYC where the humidity has been crazy. It's simple to use, quiet, and gets things clean. For $329 and free shipping I doubt it can be beat.

Edit, one year later: six weeks outside of the one-year warranty period, it crapped out. It just needed to be "reset," it seemed, so the repair service only charged for the visit, and showed me how to do it. Now it needs to be reset pretty frequently, so I assume some board needs to be replaced. YMMV, but I now recommend steering away from this model.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, October 15, 2012
This review is from: Amana Tall Tub Dishwasher, ADB1400PYB, Black (Misc.)
Delivered quickly and safely. Unlike my last dishwasher, I am now able to put large platters and tall items in to wash. Dishes come clean with a little haze on them. Will purchase recommended rinsing agent. Happy with purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's just okay at cleaning, February 26, 2014
This review is from: Amana Tall Tub Dishwasher, ADB1400PYB, Black (Misc.)
We've had to run the dishwasher on high heat/heavy load in order to clean a normal load. Just today, it stopped working mid-cycle, so had to drain it then re-start the cycle, so it's longevity is now a bit sketchy. Will update again if it gets worse, or if that was a one-time hiccup.

On the plus side, it's simple to operate and I can fit most things in the dishwasher that I'd like.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this purchase, February 15, 2014
This review is from: Amana Tall Tub Dishwasher, ADB1400PYB, Black (Misc.)
I have owned and used this dishwasher nearly every day for 2 years. It's very rare when anything comes out dirty and I DO NOT rinse my dishes first. The top rack is deep which is really nice for taller items that would normally fill up the bottom. It really holds a good load of dishes and has done a great job. The price was the best around. I was concerned about past poor experience with other Whirlpool products, but this item has been great. Only foible with it is that sometimes it doesn't get dishes dry (not sure why sometimes it does ad sometimes not?) Overall, I would purchase it again in another house.

1.0 out of 5 stars This product does not work as advertised, February 23, 2013
This review is from: Amana Tall Tub Dishwasher, ADB1400PYB, Black (Misc.)
The dishwasher is not completing the cycles so ... the dishes are dirty after they are washed. Now I have a situation where I bought a dishwasher from a supplier on Amazon and I am struggling to get it returned or fixed. Turns out I should have used a local appliance store and paid a little more but then I would not be stuck. If you are afraid of purchasing an appliance from a seller like this - that is a realistic fear.

The dishwasher itself does not appear to work well. Sample of one but thats what these reviews are for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally squeaky clean dishes, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Amana Tall Tub Dishwasher, ADB1400PYB, Black (Misc.)
This is a very basic model but I love it! My clear glassware comes out sparkling. The utensils and dishes shine. What more could a person want from a dishwasher? My husband says the filter is easy to get to unlike our former "fancy" model.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amana gets one more chance with me, June 18, 2012
R. perisian "Rogerslake" (34-38-29.70N 118-04-18.84W) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amana Tall Tub Dishwasher, ADB1400PYB, Black (Misc.)
The last time I bought an Amana, it was a refridgerator and it started leaking after the 1 year warranty was up, and after nemerous repair attempts, we gave up and through it out. So this was a big step for me to get an Amana. So the delivery was terrible, over a week late. So time to install it, oh no wait there is no electrical cord on it. Wish the Amazon description would of had said that. No big deal, for $11 I get one. Directions say run cord through strain relief. What no strain relief, it is missing. Strike 2. Now there is a white blankety foam thing on it that says to leave on for installation of D/W. So I have to install this dishwasher into a tiny little opening with less than a 1/4" clearance and leave the blanket on top of that to make it run quieter. Strike 3, blanket is not going in without falling off. So now I have to tape it on. Are you kidding me? Blanket is still in the garage. Also the directions suck, there are close up pics of how to hook up hoses and stuff, but no big pics to show you where the cut out pics are from. Finally everything all hooked up and dishwasher running. Dishes come out soaking wet when done. So I run again but this time put the dry mode up to as hot as it goes. Guess what? The dang dishes are still soaking wet. Amana SUCKS. This dishwasher is going back. Very poorly bilt too. Very rickety.

4.0 out of 5 stars New House Update, April 7, 2012
This review is from: Amana Tall Tub Dishwasher, ADB1400PYB, Black (Misc.)
I recieved several e-mails before delivery, confusing to me. One gave one date another the other. All I wanted was the real date so I could make sure I was here. I called a number on an e-mail that was set for the priginal date and was told they would be returning my call. Never happened so after 2 more e-mails I did recieve an answer giving me yet another date was sevearl days' sooner. Well it did arrive sooner than the first two e-mails and JB did call me I told them I was confused as the exact date as I really wanted it and the earlier the better as my order from date I placed it with Amazon online took 6 days'. I had reviewed several others' who reported 3 days to delivery. Well that was not my experiance. The stove and thee Amana Dishwasher did arrive before the date Amazon gave me but after the date JB Hunt e-mailed to star with and right in between the two other dates that I was given by JB Hunt. At any rate I did pay the $50.00 extra for profesional install on the Amana range and they did a Very good job of getting it here after several trys' on my part they did miss the time frame by a little over an hour late, as they had called me me the day of and I was to expect them between 1:45- 5:00 pm they were hung up in traffic and after I had just lay down to at 5:00 I did recieve a call from the frivers' informing me they would be here within the hour or so which they did and the install was no problems' at all; the drivers' were Very nice. I would only say just to be safe on the next delivery I would allow a few extra hours to the time frame given and follow up on ALL e-mails the day Of delivery. I would order again but but would be a little bit more dilligent on tracking and confirming before I ask off from work next time. It seems there are 3 coponets to the delivery install process (E-mail; Telephone from office; and then day of delivery Drivers' on board the actual truck) Price is however well woth the money, just work it honey....Oh by the way I was forced to check the No box only as the way I was asked my question was: "Promt and courteous service" Yes No Did not contact. I would like to explain why I checked the "No" box. They simpley were not Not promt, however the delivery was courteous. This machine is EXTREMLY Quite and does a wonderfull job so far I will do an up date in a few months' by the way this is made by Whirlpool and is normally in stock.