Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

Format: Audio CDChange

on June 10, 2004
What's with people that hate it when their favorite artists show a little artistic growth? This was a great move for Marc and he pulls it off beautifully. You don't even have to understand the language to feel the passion of Marc's singing. He's such a great singer that I got goosebumps listening to several tracks on this new release, and not many singers have that effect on me. If you love beautifully produced, melodic pop, latin or otherwise, sung by one of the best voices in the business, then there is no way you will be disappointed with this cd...just get it and see for yourself.
on October 13, 2004
well i have the cd and i love it all his songs are wonderful and i really like all the songs on this album
on December 23, 2014
This is one of the best CDs I've ever bought. I love every song and it has made me love Marc Anthony.
on June 15, 2004
Without any doubt this is the best Marc Anthony's Album.
Beatiful music and Lyrics..
Congratulations to all
xime
on February 1, 2016
2 thumbs + 4 fingers up...
on March 4, 2015
Very good Item
on June 8, 2004
Well, disappointed is not even the word. I was desperate for a good, solid Marc Anthony SALSA album and instead got a collection of ballads that made me gag and want to return the C.D.! Too bad once you open it you can't return it. I am forced to listen to his wonderful first 4 Spanish albums on repeat and wonder why he has forsaken us, his faithful Salsa fans. I am not taking away from the man's BEAUTIFUL voice because he can SING like no one's business. But this is absolutely not what I expected. It's like "Mended" in Spanish! And I did not particularly enjoy "Mended" either.
Right from the beginning the album drags into a slow version of "Ahora Quien" that I was hoping and praying would turn into the radio version I have been hearing (and LOVING!) lately. It didn't turn into anything but one big yawn and the following duet with J.Lo was a horrible attempt to recreate the magic of "No Me Ames".
All in all I am saddened that such a spectacular voice has been reduced to this atrocious album that does in fact showcase his phenomenal voice (but then he could sing the "Z-100" Z morning zoo thing and it would sound great! lol) but doesn't give his Latin fans what we have been dying for since the too short "Libre" came out. May he rethink the whole ballad thing and go back to his roots of salsa and heartfelt songs before he becomes an artist that you say, 'oh, I liked his first few things but then I don't know what happened.'
Marc I love, love, love you but you need to step up to the plate, BORIQUA, or I may just be a fan in spirit and not actually listen to you.
0Comment6 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2014
on July 26, 2004
Honestly, this is the first spanish language Marc Anthony album that wasn't flawless. Marc made a critical mistake on this one, he forgot the salsa!!! Yeahh, the thing that made him famous in the first place. Marco owes it to his fans to continue to drop classic salsa albums. Don't get me wrong he's always going to sound good no matter what he does, but salsa is his true calling. Notible songs include "Ahora Quien," Escapemonos," "Se Esfuma Tu Amor," "Volando Entre Tus Brazos," "Amigo," and "Amar Sin Mentiras."
0Comment3 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2004
When I knew Marc Anthony will be back to record a new album in spanish, I was expecting a salsa one... but I was a little disappointed because Amar sin mentiras it's a very romantic album, more softer and slower than Mended, a most pop and dance based album. Still I take a time to listen it, because Marc Anthony's voice is one of the most powerful and great one out there. After that I could say this is a good album, if Mended was a love album dedicated to his ex-husband and his experiences in that time this one I could say shows his actual feelings, and his relationship and (marriage?) with J.Lo.... (Escapemonos featuring Jennifer Lopez could gives you a clue) in the end it's not a salsa album, and let me say you something, their salsa albums are so good you don't want Marc spent his time making albums like this, but I guess this is a strategy to catch the ballad market in spanish and makes him a very complete singer capable to sang in spanish or english, with salsa or pop... The best songs of this albums are Ahora quien, Escapemonos, Se esfuma tu amor, Tan solo palabras.