5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for young airplane lovers!
Published on July 7, 2006 by *R*L*

3.0 out of 5 stars just ok
Published on April 10, 2012 by mamalove

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for young airplane lovers!, July 7, 2006
This review is from: Amazing Airplanes (Amazing Machines) (Paperback)
My 14-month old son absolutely loves this book, and I have to admit that I do, too. The text is well-written and rhymes, with a nice cadence to it that is fun to read, even after you've read it three times in a row! The book explains how you travel by airplane -- packing your bag, going to the terminal, checking in, getting on board, etc. It even (briefly and simply) tells how airplanes fly. The illustrations are bright and colourful, and the story really feeds a little one's excitement about going on a flight. If your child (age 6 or less, I'd guess) is interested in airplanes, or if you are planning to travel on one, I would highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute little book on air travel, December 20, 2011
This review is from: Amazing Airplanes (Amazing Machines) (Paperback)
Amazing Airplanes is a cute little book for toddlers and preschoolers interested in airplanes and air travel. While I still find Airport to be the best book for young children on airplanes and flying, Amazing Airplanes definitely has its own charms, and covers some topics not tackled in Airport. The cast of animal characters is appealing, and the illustrations are lighthearted and sometimes comical, such as the gate agent frowning at the "canceled" sign and the Lady Gaga-esque getup on the feline flight attendant. The text does a nice job of explaining complicated concepts such as aerodynamic lift and air traffic control in a simplified way that young audiences can understand. Some topics are not particularly applicable to U.S. domestic air travel, such as flight attendants who bring you "magazines and trays of food to eat," but these are minor points easily skipped or explained if necessary. ("That won't happen on our flight.") On the whole, this is a fun book for young children anticipating an upcoming flight or simply interested in airplanes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very educational, February 12, 2010
D. Brown (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amazing Airplanes (Amazing Machines) (Paperback)
I purchased this book to prepare my then 2 year old (now 3) for her first trip on an airplane. It helped to ease her anxiety - and mine... :) She is a seasoned traveler now, loves planes and loves this book - still!! It is one of her favorites.

3.0 out of 5 stars just ok, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Amazing Airplanes (Amazing Machines) (Paperback)
My 19 month old is crazy for trains and airplane which is why I purchased this book. This story decribed a trip in an airplane which isn't bad it just wasn't what I expected based on the train book in this same series. It spoke about the airport and getting the meal on the plane which is not at all interesting to him. The train book is great, this airplane one is just ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Cute Book About Planes!!!, August 1, 2010
My son is three and is just now getting into books, so I went to Amazon and ordered him a bunch and this is one of them. My son likes this book and it keeps his attention, which I wasn't sure it would do. The text is rhyming and the story tells kids all about planes and the airport and what all happens. It actually tells alot of info in a cute way. I like it so much for him, that I found and purchased another book just like this one, but about fire trucks, which my son loves. I would definately recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars My brother loves this and he's not a child but a pilot LOL, February 17, 2010
This review is from: Amazing Airplanes (Amazing Machines) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my nephew and my brother is a pilot and told me that the book goes into details and is a great book to review when he has to take a refresher course LOL. My nephew loves listening to my brother read this book and my brother just loves reading it to him since he is a pilot himself. I went by others reviews and I am so happy I did. Thanks. I recommend this book. Entertaining from what my brother has told me, not only for the baby but also for adults LOL.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this book..., April 7, 2006
This review is from: Amazing Airplanes (Amazing Machines) (Paperback)
...whenever I'm on the road, this is the book he reaches for my wife to read to him!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book, May 17, 2011
This review is from: Amazing Airplanes (Amazing Machines) (Paperback)
Came across this book in a thrift store and bought it for my 2-yo son who loves airplanes. It's been his favorite book for a long time and he can even recite it by heart. If your child has any interest in airplanes, or if you need a book to explain air travel, this is it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My two year old loves this book, May 24, 2008
portolavalley (Portola Valley, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amazing Airplanes (Amazing Machines) (Paperback)
you cannot go wrong with these - not too long for parents to read and kids love them. amazing how a simple book like this sparks their curiosity about airplanes and how they ask lots of intelligent questions about airplanes by reading this book. Very well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars If a kid loves planes...., July 21, 2008
I bought this for a 5 year old that loves planes. And he LOVES this book! He carries it round and talks about how it was when he rode on a plane. Really great book for kids that have flown, will fly, of just likes planes.

Amazing Airplanes (Amazing Machines)
Amazing Airplanes (Amazing Machines) by Tony Mitton (Paperback - September 15, 2005)
$4.99