Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 6, 2013
I learned how to make fondants and the many issues involving its use, and how to use various things to make shapes, etc., like melted candy, or using pieces of candies to make toes for a dragon, etc., some of which I've used myself. I have tried various other things of my own to get cakes the way I wanted them, even won 2nd prize in a boyscout contest once.. Very interesting book with some interesting ideas I've never thought of. This is not your average cake decorating book, it's more of one with some very creative ways of using whatever you may have just sitting around to make something out of the ordinary (creative) of your own design or theirs, or using items from the store, nothing special order is needed for most the cakes, yet some do require elaborate items that I would not attempt at all as they are time consuming/too complicated, and in this fast paced world who has time? but I'm sure someone might. Nice book if you are looking for tips on decorating cakes in a special manner.
on January 2, 2014
The book stretches the Kindle to its limit, with extensive photographs, which can be zoomed to see greater detail and sometimes beyond as not only are there links to other web sites but also a video which will not work on the Kindle. If only the compiler, I will not call them an author, had looked more carefully at the finished article and removed duplicate links and photographs this would have been a 5 * book.
on February 22, 2012
I try to limit the amount of sweets I eat (and especially the refined sugar) but was interested in this book to see what kind of ideas it could spark for those special occasions when I do bake a cake. And plus, I had nothing to lose as it is free! The book is a compilation of submissions from their website, but it is still handy to have it on my Kindle. I'm the type of person that if you show me something or give me an idea, then I can take that idea and use it - many time modifying it slightly. That's how I am with scrapbooking and decorating too. And this book provides some creative ideas that sparked my creativity. I love getting new ideas from cookbooks and one of the most creative cake cookbooks I've seen lately is 30 Delicious Refrigerator Cake Recipes - you don't even have to bake these to enjoy a sweet treat on occasion. :) As far as "Amazing Cakes" goes I don't know that I would pay money for it, but since it's free I'm glad I downloaded it.
on April 2, 2013
This is a good book. Such original and creative cakes. And good details for how to make them. I have a Kindle Touch so it in black & white and being a Kindle the pictures are small, but you can enlarge them for a better look. As a cake decorator I am always interested in creative cake designs and this one has quite a few. I thing the hardest one would be Yoda~ Artistry there for sure. Happy Decorating!
on April 8, 2013
The book has step by step instructions with photos to help you make some amazing cakes that kids and adults will all love. Cakes range from relatively easy to do eg. dragon and penguin cakes; to the over the top, working volcano and halloween cakes which would take a bit of effort to make. But the book gives you great ideas to get your started and thinking.
on July 31, 2013
This book was real interesting but not for me, it gave a lot of good instructions if you really want to get into fancy cakes. The book is written well and it seems that it has good instructions. But for me with no need anymore for the special cakes (grown children) it really just wasn't for me.
on April 25, 2013
The thought behind this book was well intended. The execution was not. If your going to write a book please learn to spell. The constant incorrect spelling of knead drove me nuts. The cakes looked good though.
on September 7, 2013
Great job on all these cakes! With the in depth instructions, maybe one day, I too will accomplish one of these. (I don't recommend holding your breath since I can barely get a cake out of the cake pan lol) great pics, great cakes :)
on May 19, 2013
Great ideas in this book especially if you have kids, this book had some fantastic recipes for birthday cakes that top anything you can buy in the store. I enjoyed just looking at the pictures, if you like to bake this is the book for you ! Download it and see for yourself.
on May 29, 2012
Yes, I love to bake and most of what I bake is traditional tried and tested receipes. I am trying to teach my daughter how to bake and this book actually did the trick. Now I have to bake every weekend. nNt only are we trying the receipes in the book but we are using her imagination to make others, pity about the links though, otherwise we enjoyed the book. Baking should be fun and this is what the book conveys.