Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Amazing Crosswords for Kids (Mensa)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 15, 2014
Purchased for children's project. Children ages from 3 to 8. Hard to find things that children of different ages can do together. With these the children learn to share, help each other, follow directions, motor coordination etc.
on September 26, 2007
TRIP PAYNE HAS DONE IT AGAIN. HE CREATES SUCH FANTASTIC CROSSWORD PUZZLES FOR SMART KIDS, AND FOR ADULTS, I'M 65. SOME PEOPLE HAVE THE NACK FOR WORKING HARD CROSSWORD PUZZLES, BUT NOT ME. I HAVE PROBABLY ALL OF TRIP PAYNE'S PUZZLE BOOKS. THEY ARE OF EVERYDAY WORDS, THAT EVERYBODY KNOWS, AND GIVES YOU THE FUN OF WORKING CROSSWORD PUZZLES, AND KEEPS YOUR BRAIN ACTIVE. I RECOMMEND IT TO ALL AGES.
on May 7, 2014
My granddaughter is starting to work crossword puzzles with me but they are a little too hard for her (some are too hard for me to know the answer), but this has been real good for her and she enjoys doing them.
on October 3, 2013
My 11-year old grandson finds this just at his level and we have enjoyed many afternoons with me watching him succeed at figuring out the relatively few words he doesn't know. This is teaching him perseverance and I think he will do crosswords as an adult because of the pleasure of completing each of these puzzles.
on September 17, 2013
I bought this Amazing Crosswords for Kids for my 9 year old and it was a great success. The difficult level was just right. Not too hard to frustrate him but also not trivial that he doesn't need to think at all.
on May 5, 2009
This book was a gift for my 8-year old granddaughter.
All the female members of the family are crossword addicts, so this book was by way of a "nudge" in that direction.
She loved the book and has asked for more.
on January 5, 2015
Perfect for my 9 year old son just starting out with crossword puzzles. He just completed the first three puzzles and has found it the perfect balance of challenging but not too challenging. My husband and I are loyal New York Times Crossword puzzlers and we enjoy working on this with our son. Highly recommended.
on May 24, 2016
The crosswords in this book are a little hard for my 2nd grader, about right for my 4th grader. A great introduction to a constructive pastime. Bonus: just the right size for photocopying on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper!
on October 9, 2012
Our 94 year old mother enjoys doing all these Payne crossword books with us. We really have to get on them to put 'Crosswords for Kids & Young at Heart' instead of just 'Kids' on their covers. She never had much to do with crosswords when she was younger so they are quite a bit of fun for her now. We find some of the other residents, in the memory care unit of her assisted living home, enjoy working them with us also.
on December 3, 2012
The book that I ordered says Official MENSA puzzle book on it. The package statement also says that, but it is not on the book cover or mentioned inside at all. I do not know if the MENSA version is the same or better.