Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$8.63

on December 1, 2000
If you love dogs, if you love to laugh and an occasional cry makes you feel better, you can fulfill all those needs and help in the effort to rescue abused and neglected dogs in the process of buying and reading this book. That's a lot packed into a small BOOK, which tells such an amazingly BIG story.
I saw Gracie's picture on the cover and had to make her a part of my life. She is. I keep the book with me just to look at her when I need a lift. This book is the story of the indomitable spirit of one dog which changed someone's life forever. It is the perfect Christmas, or anytime, gift for anyone who likes animals or inspiring stories.
This book is easy to read and you'll never forget the hysterical descriptions of life with this dog. Several of my lucky friends will be getting this Christmas gift. Reading it will be much more fun for them than having me try to tell the stories one at a time. It even helped me look at my own rescued dogs a little more insightfully, not to mention more fully appreciating what they have given to me. I hope this book is as enjoyable for you as it was for me. Thank you Dan, Mark and Meg for writing this book.
on December 31, 2000
My boyfriend just gave this book to me as a Xmas present (I am a HUGE dog lover), and I could not put it down. I read the book in one day, which is a good thing because my boyfriend (who is NOT a dog lover, though he certainly doesn't mind them) insisted that I let him borrow it. It turns out that before wrapping it up and giving it to me, he read the first few chapters to make sure it was a good story and later wanted the book back to finish.
When I first received the book, one look at the cover with the picture of an albino Great Dane puppy with incredibly memorable eyes told me that I was going to love this book. And I did. Gracie's story is beautifully told. It is a story about a dog, but it is also a story about faith, loyalty, and love. To say it is a book only a dog lover would enjoy would be to say that Lassie was a movie only a dog lover would watch. It is a book that anyone, animal lover or not, would appreciate. It is touching and humourous and is bound to make you stop, look around, and feel very very blessed for the things you see.
on November 7, 2000
What an amazing story. I fell in love with Gracie the moment I looked at the cover. I have never been so touched by a story before. If you love animals, then this is the book for you. Gracie and her sisters will make you laugh and cry throughout the book. Dan and Mark were and are truly blessed. I can not stress enough just how wonderful this book is. I am going around telling everyone to buy this book ,I have never done that before!! This book makes one realize just how blessed we are to be owned by a dog!! Wonderful reading!!
on December 12, 2000
This book "found me" about two weeks ago. As I browsed around looking for a new book, there was little Gracie looking at me on the cover. Of course, as an absolute animal lover, I had to pick it up and find out more. I read the back cover and was sold - I knew I must read it.
This story will make you laugh and cry all at the same time. Dan and Mark (the authors) write in an easy to read style about their lives and how this amazing little puppy completely turned it around.
I implore you to read this book. It opens your heart and your mind to life and love and respect for our four-legged friends. I was sorry when I finished but so glad to learn about Gracie.
on December 30, 2006
We have our own Amazing Gracie. She's a smooth collie who we picked out from a litter of ten. She was the smallest and had the most health problems. Addison's disease and megaesophagus are two of the major problems. Reading about your Amazing Gracie brought a tear to my eye as I think about all the struggles, expense, and energy we've spent keeping our sweet, adorable little girl alive. She's worth every penny and second of our time just as your Gracie is to you. Thank you for putting into words the bond that can form between dogs and humans. It's quite "Amazing" and it is certainly full of "Grace." Thanks, Lee Costanzo, Montgomery, Alabama
on May 14, 2016
I purchased this book several months ago and put off reading it. I finally got to it, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Since Dan Dye and Mark Beckloff are not known for their writing abilities and not really professional authors, I wasn't expecting it to be particularly good, but I was wrong. It was very well written and very funny and entertaining up until the last few pages when Dan lost his beloved Gracie. But, this is a story of serendipity---when you find something wonderful that you weren't looking for. Dan never in his wildest dreams thought he and his partner Mark would stumble on a wildly successful business when he brought Gracie home as a puppy. Because she was a picky eater, her veterinarian suggested to Dan that he start cooking her food for her. Dan didn't even know how to cook, but because of his love for Gracie, he decided to give it a shot. The rest is history, but its a history I never wanted to end.
on February 11, 2004
I am in the process of adopting a great dane puppy, although not deaf, albino, or all white, due to come home to us at the end of February (2004). I always liked the name Gracie, even before reading this book, because these dane babies are so foal-like in their growing up stage and quite clumsy, hence the name, Grace. "Watch it, Grace," would surely become a normal quotation in my household...then I saw this book listed on Amazon, and ordered it immediately. I could not put this book down. Dan Dye tells this story in such animation that you can actually visualize every sentence that he writes and I can envision myself in his home and in all the scenes that happen. If forever reason, Three Dog Bakery takes a nose dive, Dan should be a full time writer, as he brings his stories to life on paper. Very few writers can capture the feeling for the reader to be in the scene themselves, and I laughed at every page, and could NOT PUT THIS ONE DOWN! The very last sentence made me cry, because you could feel the attachment and the love for this dog that was not found by the breeder, and should awaken every animal breeder that not all mistakes are actually MISTAKES. There is a wonderful, loving animal behind every disability, and if you take the time to understand the 'abilities' of these animals and not their disabilites, they would never be considered 'discards'. (It doesn't hurt to know, I have two children with disabilities, and if we parents treated our kids with the same "throw away mentality" the way breeders treat their non-moneymakers, there would little compassion and acceptance left in the world) . God Bless Dan Dye for showing the world there is a place for every animal, and that they each have many lessons to offer and teach us, if given the chance. This book is meant for everyone who has a heart and even for those who need to remember that they had one at one time, but have lost it. Our Gracie, or Baby G, is coming home in two weeks, and I may be writing my own story, too. Thank you for offering us such a wonderful book.
on March 18, 2012
Two men, three dogs, and a whole lotta love... they all add up to the business you might know as Three Dog Bakery... This is the story of one of those three dogs, Gracie. Despite her humble origins, deafness, and partial blindness, she manages to inspire her two humans to leave their humdrum jobs for a chance at success.

And she manages to win the love of her two K9 housemates, as well.

Told with wit, poignancy, and an amazing understanding of dogs, this book is one of the best reads of the year, and at 99 cents, one of the best buys of the year, too..

Leland Dirks, author of Seven Dogs in Heaven and Angelo's Journey: A Border Collie's Quest for Home

Disclaimer: My Border Collie Angelo LOVES Three Dog Products and he twisted my arm to write a review, but the words are all mine. The world needs more Gracies.
on June 7, 2008
I have been trying to find dog books that were as good as Marley and Me and had no luck. I read this book in a day... which I never do. I am from KC, and had no idea before reading this book that it was written by the co-founder of Three Dog Bakery right here in KC! On the first page it talked about him griving the loss of his childhood dog Blue; my first dog's name was Blue. As I kept reading I kept finding more and more things that "spoke" to me. I think this book is BETTER than Marley and Me... both books are my top faves. I might be bias as I'm from KC and remember taking my Blue there. But hardly believe I am.... notice no rating lower than a 4 on here! This book was wonderfully written. It will make you think about life,your own animals, and how everything happens for a reason. I can't say enough wonderful things about this book. (I checked this book out from the library... but will be buying it so that I may own a copy and have others read it, and proceeds of the book go to the Gracie Foundation... to help neglected and abused animals.) This book is not just about a dog; it's how an animal no one wanted showed him how to live and love, one day at a time.
on January 6, 2015
Whether you love dogs or are a human interest person, this is a wonderful book. I've had this on my Kindle for some time and finally it was time to read the book. The writing is superb, humorous, thoughtful and profound all wrapped up in this nice book. I laughed at the antics of the guys as well as the dogs in the book. I appreciated the food stories as our own little dog often rejected food and had problems. When we lost our little love dog last Spring, I just couldn't bring myself to read this book. Now I don't know why! It is a book about life with a dog in the house and yet it is a healing story that all dog lovers go through. We remember them always and I, for one, know there must be a doggie heaven because they sure bring lots of pleasure to us here on earth. I highly recommend this book and hope you love it as much as I did.