Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Flavor: Lemon Lime EnergySize: 7.4-OunceChange

on June 19, 2015
I'm a 30 year old male and my wife and I are honestly total health freaks. A good greens powder is a staple to every diet. There are already a ton of reviews on here about how high quality this powder is and that it makes you feel wonderful (which I agree although you really need to take it for about a month before you really feel any physical changes as it has to actually become part of your diet).

So, instead I just wanted to comment on what a lot of people are complaining about that rated this powder poorly: While a lot of positive reviewers say to mix this powder in your shakes to cover the really bland taste, I found that to be inconvenient because I take this 3 times a day and don't always have the time to make a shake. Instead, just flavor it with a tiny bit of stevia. Seriously, that's it!. Stevia is a natural, zero calorie sugar substitute that actually has health benefits and no adverse effects like every other sweetener. It really helps bring out the flavoring in the powder and the sweetness over powers the blandness. All Natural Stevia Powder - No fillers, Additives or Artificial Ingredients of Any Kind - Highly Concentrated Stevia Extract Sugar Substitute (125g) is what my wife and I have been using for the past several months but really any stevia would do (we like this one because it's natural unlike some synthetic ones, it's inexpensive, and it has the highest stevioside content that we've found which is the measure of quality).

If you are new to greens superfood powders then you're pretty much guaranteed to hate the flavor of these powders without the stevia and if you're a veteran, you'll thank me for making the shakes even better '

By the way, we go through so much Amazing Greens that we just stock every flavor in our kitchen. The stevia makes every flavor better.

Here's a little tip once you know how much stevia you like: Just put a few grams of stevia in the Amazing Greens tub right when you open it and shake it up a lot! The stevia will blend in perfectly so you don't have to keep spooning stevia into every shake. OR, put the stevia in a salt shaker

Hope that helps and hope this keeps the negative reviews down on this fantastic greens powder!!!
1818 comments621 of 677 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2015
I like the idea of adding a supplement into my diet that contains green superfoods, but at the end of the day this tastes awful. No matter how i mix it, it tastes horrid! After a week of drinking shakes mixed with this magic green powder, i did feel energized however, so i looked for something that would have the same effect, so Instead, I just take a whole food multi, Earth Star Complete Multivitamin Formula
1212 comments776 of 850 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2010
I've been using this product for a week after taking the advice of my cousin and the other 5 star reviewers.

I have never tried any supplements or powders in my life since Flintstones vitamins as a kid and a brief stint of One a Day Womens. So my advice comes to you as a complete novice.

Honestly, I shudder to think what the normal flavor tastes like if this is berry. I do not get that flavor at all! My cousin says she loves mixing a scoop in her yogurt so that is the first way I tried it. It was very gritty and tasted almost like grass clippings. Bleck.

Since then I have been making a smoothie with 1 scoop, yogurt, frozen berries, half of a banana, a small squirt of honey, and fruit juice. It tastes very good and is a great start to the day. Only once in awhile do I get a hint of graininess, but it's now tolerable in this form.

In the week since I've started this I've noticed a boost in energy. I used to become so worn out I needed to nap every afternoon, which was I was NOT happy about, hence me seeking out energy boosters and my cousin recommending this. I have not napped once since starting Amazing Grass and only layed down one afternoon for a short rest. The other days I was able to remain awake, active, and energized. This surprised me b/c I didn't expect it to be noticeable or work that fast.

I have yet to see any skin improvements I read about elsewhere. In fact, I've noticed a slight increase. Perhaps detoxing? Not sure.

As another rater mentioned - being regular takes on a whole new meaning w/ this Amazing Grass! I've been using it once a day and my BM have increased, which perhaps is detoxing again and definitely could attest to more energy. Be warned - the first few days you will have some gas so maybe start over a weekend.

I hope this will continue to work for me. My only cons so far are the flavor (which I wish were tastier so I didn't have to disguise it so much) and the price. I'm not sure why the berry flavor is $8 more than the other tub? At nearly $40 every two months it's a pretty pricey supplement, but hopefully will be worth it if the positives keep adding up.

UPDATE: Have now been on it for a few months and LOVE IT! We left our tub out of state so I went without it for a week and felt horrible. When I reordered a new tub and started up again I felt better again within 2 days. My skin has now evened out, also the regularity has too. Another unexpected and added benefit is my chronic headaches have DISAPPEARED! I used to get 2 or 3 a week and have only had about 3 in 3 months time when the weather is horrible. Have since been able to tolerate it mixed in with fruit juice, even though it is still grainy. If taking regularly I suggest subscribing delivery - now we get ea. 60 day tub for about $32, much cheaper than anywhere else I can find!

*UPDATE 2: It's now been over two years and I'm still a regular user. The flavor has definitely grown on me. I mix a scoop with about 1/2 cup of orange juice in the morning, stir, and chug it down. The OJ definitely helps with the gritty texture. There have been a few weeks here and there where I stop the habit of doing it daily, but I always come back to it. It's just a really healthy start to the day. I always notice that it helps me feel regular, less bloated, my hair and nails grow extremely fast, and I feel like my skin is healthier and more hydrated.
4040 comments2,066 of 2,409 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2015
Okay, I make it a point to write reviews on at least 99% of the products I purchase withing a few days or weeks of them arriving and me using them! This product, however, I have been so excited to write about. I LOVE it. I have been furiously reading the " cant get past the bad taste" reviews on this super food and it makes me sick that people are SO ignorant! This is SUPERFOOD, not McDonalds. To those of us who choose to incorporate all kinds of good, green foods into our bodies, know, they don't always taste great. Mask it if needed. It isn't hard to throw a banana or sweet juice into something. Mix. Repeat.I have tried many other " green " mix-ins and this by far is the most mild and easily mixed. The powder is super fine. When you aren't familiar with a certain flavor of health, That is when the fun comes in with experimenting! My favorite blend is MCT coconut oil, raw cacao, peanut butter powder, chia seeds, a banana, plain Greek yogurt and some almost mild. Most of which I buy via Amazon as well! :)))) OMG this doesn't have one bit of grassy taste ( Which personally I do not mind one bit, I like earthy flavors of good food)

After the first time I used this I noticed I didn't have coffee that morning ( I usually have a least 2 cups when I get to work) I feel energized and clear headed. I love the way this makes me feel. I will be ordering again. As a note, I ordered the regular flavor. I am into original and simplicity plus the ability to mix my own fruit and super food into my own smoothies.

This super food mixes so well, really smooth and has this lovely mildly sweet flavor. I am excited to try more experiments with new items added!
review image
55 comments366 of 443 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2015
I am a continuing customer of Amazing Grass and their products are GREAT!!!! But I never thought I would love this one also. My recent purchase of Alkalize & Detox Greens Superfood is the Best by far; I feel great and the boost of my energy, my skin and body looks and feels wonderful. I will be loyal supporter and purchaser of Amazing Grass products. I love them. Thank you.
review image
on December 9, 2014
I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet but Amazing Grass has an excellent guide to their flavors here
For what it's worth, we've so far found two flavors that work for our family, Chocolate and Orange Dreamsicle. A little backstory: I buy green mix to add to breakfast smoothies but am relatively new to Amazing Grass. I use this in a banana, frozen fruit, raw milk/egg/greens- based smoothie for kids and adults so, it needs to taste *just right* We had tried the chocolate first, before having found the guide. My thoughts were along the lines of, "...chocolate?? Who doesn't like chocolate??" The kids eat 80% cacao chocolate around here all the time, and this is roughly what this product tastes like (+ characteristic green flavor of course). However, this was not a big hit around here EXCEPT when mixing just with milk! The flavor is like an exotic chocolate milk beverage, very nice. I guess the chocolate does not play well with the smoothie fruit flavors for little palates (I personally thought it was nice in berry smoothies). After consulting the guide I chose the Orange Dreamsicle and the family is in love. It adds a little sweetness (stevia flavor/tastes) and a nice orange flavor to our morning smoothies, now the kids thank me when they get this for breakfast :-) So, both flavors mentioned are great in my book, but definitely different uses for us.
0Comment20 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2014
I've been drinking this stuff for around 6 or 8 months now and i'm a big fan. I definitely prefer the chocolate flavor for those of you who are deciding between that and the orignal flavor . I can't claim that i feel any different after drinking it , or that i feel any better having used it daily(i already eat pretty healthy , if you dont get enough vitamins/greens you might feel better after drinking it) for a few months , but i will say it is a product that's worth buying for a few reasons. first off , this stuff is great for settling your stomach if you're feeling queezy , or gassy and it also seems to work well for heartburn or acid reflux. secondly it is a great addition to smoothies and green juices. Part of the reason i have stuck to using it is because when i add a scoop of green superfood to my smoothies i can get the green taste and health benefits of greens while adding about half of the kale and lettuce i would normally add , so it's helpful on the wallet if you drink alot of veggie smoothies or juices. and the final reason i love this stuff is because it's a really good way to give yourself a full belly and some vitamins between meals instead of snacking on junk. If im really trying to avoid a snack i'll chug a glass of this and it tides me over. all in all good stuff. also it can be hard to mix up because it's so powdery, i use a closed bottle to shake it up.
on July 7, 2015
So far so good. :) I was a little skeptical about it since some of the reviews said it was downright awful tasting but I was pleasantly surprised that it's not too bad. I mix it with about 16 ounces if water and ice and blend it up as it takes me a while to drink it. LOL It's good though :) Sometimes I will add Truvia or a little brown sugar to taste but it's really not needed. I bought the lemon lime.

Update!!! I also have the Berry and love it. I'm going to purchase the Raw Reserve with protien next. I see myself as a longtime customer of this. :)

Update: Decided to get the Alkaline & Detox before the Raw Reserve so now I drink one of the flavored varieties in a smoothie with fruit, Almond Coconut Milk, yoplait 100 calorie yogurt, benefiber, and vega protien smoothie...it's delicious. Before dinner I'll drink the Alkalize and Detox mixed with 4 ounces Carrot Juice, green tea sweatned with honey, half a banna, water, and a little bit of ice to cool it off. I love this stuff man :)
on April 8, 2015
So, I bought this after reading all of the reviews about the "grassy, dirt-like" flavor of the product, and I have to say this is spot on. However I feel like I have found the secret to enjoying this product. Mix the measured scoop with about 3 oz. of (organic) orange juice. The powder is so fine that it completely dissolves even with just this little bit of liquid. Once it's completely dissolved, knock it back like a shot. The result is a flavor like one of those whack-and-unwrap chocolate oranges, it's really really good!
on October 21, 2015
I analyzed the ingredients and I love this product. It is very healthy and finally a product with no sugar in it.
Try to prepare good smoothies with this super green food and you can have a wonderful and balanced breakfast with no need of sugary things. Cereals and croissants are poison.

The taste of the powder is fine when in a smoothie. I also tried with some water only and it OK but not very enjoyable. You don't need special recipes for making a good smoothie. In the attached pictures I used
mango cubes
spinach
200 ml of Soy milk

It tasted amazing and I enjoyed it a lot.

UPDATE: I also tried the Lime and Lemon option and it is even better than the original. It has a refreshing taste of lime that you can taste in your smoothie.
review image review image
0Comment28 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse