The Amazing Liver & Gallbladder Flush
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$22.46 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on January 17, 2008
Format: Paperback
I had to write my comments about this book.

First, I borrowed it from a friend within the last two weeks and have just completed my first cleanse following the instructions by Andreas Moritz. I have done several liver/gallbladder cleanses in the past using similar but not exact techniques, always successfully, but never this successful. So I am not a newcomer to the cleanse, and I do have something to compare to. It has been a few years since I've done a liver/gallbladder cleanse, and have encountered events over that time that brought my level of health to a point where I began to think about the need to do a cleanse again -- it just seemed like the right time -- when a friend 'happened' to show me her new book.

I find it troubling and dismaying to read such pronouncements as in several of the reviews by people who admit they have not even done the clean yet to see if it works! Opinions do not make facts. How can we pass judgment without trying something, as long as it is not dangerous?

To the implication that apple juice, Epsom salts, virgin olive oil and orange juice signify quackery, I have news: apple juice, virgin olive oil, and orange juice are simple foods that man has used for thousands of years, and Epsom salts has a very long history of safe and very effective use as a colon cleanser. Yes, it tastes gross, but I put fresh lemon juice in mine and drank it with a straw inserted somewhat back in the mouth and drank it quickly and without breathing; I was able to get each glass down in one go. It was not pleasant; neither was it the end of the world. I simply rinsed my mouth and brushed my teeth afterwards, as recommended. I didn't feel nauseated or gag, and folks, it was over before I knew it. It could by no stretch of the imagination be classed as torture, just tasted very unpleasant, but nothing impossible to do. It lasted all of maybe one minute.

To suggest that the six days of preparation and the flush itself (the olive oil and grapefruit juice part) is torture and worse even than cancer treatment itself (!!!).......I simply cannot find words for. The six days consists mainly of a certain amount of apple juice daily (unless you are diabetic or otherwise cannot tolerate large quantities of apple juice, in which case there are alternatives), and a simple diet and lifestyle. One can compare this 'extreme' form of 'torture' to cancer treatment??? I don't think so. I've watched a number of friends go through cancer treatment and I can guarantee you they would rather have been drinking apple juice, Epsom salts, and olive oil any day, as well as keep all their body parts, not to mention the physical and emotional agony that goes with such a serious disease. The prep for the cleanse does not involve fasting or other forms of deprivation, either. I felt strong and alert and had not a single pang of hunger. The most unconscionable thing of all is to make such suggestions without having done the flush onesself in order to be able to speak to the issue from a point of personal experience.

Yes, I am a little hot and bothered about such snide remarks from people who have not even tried the flush. You know the old saying 'The proof is in the pudding'. I effortlessly, painlessly, passed 242 stones over about a 24-hour period at the end of the flush; I know because I counted the larger ones (they float and are bright green, very easy to see) over that time period because I wanted to know if this flush was going to be successful, and if so, how successful. My largest stones were the size of a small almond, some were the size of a raisin, some the size of a pea, and some were about the size of a grain of barley (those were the sizes I counted) with many, many more smaller than that but still easily seen, which were impossible to count because there were too many. There were probably some I couldn't see, as well.

And, for the record, I have actually felt the stones travelling down the bile duct (not on this flush, but on my previous one), so he's not making that up. It is very unmistakable.....light but very discernable; it sort of tickles -- I remember giggling softly, and feeling excited that this was actually working. I didn't feel any movement this time, and I did wonder if that meant the flush was not going to be very effective. But now, on the other side of the flush, I know that you don't have to feel the movement in order for the stones to be released.

From the get-go I felt well and in fact, my feeling of well-being only increased as the six days prep went by, and by the time the flush itself occurred, I felt the best I've felt in years. If one flush done by this method can produce not only flushing of stones to this degree of effectiveness, but also give such a profound feeling of lightness and vastly increased energy, of mental alertness, of deep and sound sleep, of physical strength and lessened back pain (major spinal surgery 21 years ago, living in intermittent chronic pain, with diminished lifestyle abilities), I will definitely be doing this again, on a regular basis. One year of painless and very effective investment in getting healthier doesn't seem like an unreasonable commitment. I look forward to seeing what further benefits may accrue.

The book is easy-to-read, easy to understand, written in a non-strident manner, enough simple diagrams so one can picture what is happening in the body anatomically, and the pictures are there for all to see.

I am not saying I agreed with every single word in the book; I didn't. But if we are talking effectiveness of this method for ridding the body of liver/gallbladder stones, this is the only book I'm using from now on. Whatever I might not have agreed with had nothing to do with the issue at hand.

I gave the book 4 stars only because there didn't seem to be good source material/references to the medical literature which I would like to have seen some of the comments tied to. However, I have seen such info elsewhere, so I know it exists. Lacking its inclusion does not make the book any less true; it just would have strengthened its credibility. I have since seen and ordered Mr. Moritz' other book, The Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse, which I believe is his newer book; it includes all the same information in a more condensed form (yet it is still complete), and the selling feature for me was that it does contain good reference material.

For those who can keep an open, enquiring mind and give something that is safe and painless a try, you will probably be shocked and thrilled at the outcome (no pun intended) and how good you will probably start feeling very soon. Our bodies have such innate healing wisdom; when given the right assistance and support, they can bring us to a place of strength, health and joy.

The ancient psalmist was right: truly, we are 'fearfully and wonderfully' made.

Rachel Robinowitz
2121 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
I am on my fourth flush. Wow I can not sing the praises of this book enough. Thirty two years of liver pain from parasites going into my liver and leaving a calcified cyst. Now No pain. None Zero. I think of all the people lined up for liver tranplants.

Here is what is more amazing. I had come to conclusion that most people can lose weight not from genetcs but something simple like the gallbaldde needs to be flushed or removed. So I followed the book and I did clean the gallbladder to help me possibly lose wieght. Well, I am going toward a natural balance in my weight by already losing ten pounds. Without the starvation diets.

Sinus problems and allergies GONE Pain left knee GONE Hurtful liver pain GONE. Lower back pain GONE Need for endless coffee and tea GONE I also have all this natural energy.

High choleserol Gone Sugar levels from diabetes from 235 to 92.

I was unprepared for this.

moe armstrong
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 24, 2011
Format: Paperback
I would like to share my experience with the last three flushes I have completed and slightly scrutinize the claim that the stones expelled are "soap stones." I am doing these cleanses every three weeks.
The results of my first cleanse were satisfactory. I had a hydrotherapy procedure on the day of the cleanse as recommended by the author and I fasted for that whole day. I drank the first Epsom salt solution at 6 p.m. and, as expected, this made me evacuate, although the evacuation was slightly clear since I had done a colonic that same day and I was fasting. The 8 p.m. solution had a similar outcome. Now on to the queen drink, the olive oil with grapefruit juice: I drank this at the time indicated (10:00 p.m.) and immediately lay down on the bed. In about a minute after drinking the solution I felt something in my liver area. I could actually feel some sort of sliding motion, like little marbles; it was not painful, but the sensation was there. I also heard some weird and loud noises in my stomach which prompted me to go evacuate, which I did. What came out was a brown-yellow evacuation with little brown stones that looked a lot like sesame seeds, some slightly bigger; I passed about 100 of these. I noticed that the smell was not pleasant, not horrible, but again, not pleasant. At this time I asked myself: Where are the nice green stones people were talking about?! All I see are brown little stones! Anyhow, in the morning, at about 5:45 a.m., not even after drinking the third Epsom solution, I evacuated again, and this time I evacuated some bright green stones (about 10) along with the aforementioned little brown stones. Nice! After drinking the third Epsom solution I evacuated more and again after taking the fourth solution. I passed a bunch of bright green stones during the whole time until about 5 p.m. when my evacuation yielded no more stones. It fits to say that the green stones had a very foul odor. I felt quite well during the whole time of the cleanse, since I am used to fasting. No headaches or anything the first time. I also want to mention that after the cleanse I did not do the recommended colonic but still felt okay, but that's my experience and I am sure other people might need it.

The second time I was not so lucky. I did everything as indicated and again, after taking the olive oil solution I evacuated promptly. This time there were no stones, not even the little brown ones. Some evacuations followed all the way thorough the morning but was was coming out was only brown stones. In the later evacuations, starting at around 10 a.m., I passed bright green stones. Not as much as the first time, however. During this cleanse I actually felt flu-like symptoms starting during the night and prolonging for three days after the cleanse. I was sneezing and had slight headaches. Also, during those three days my nose was so runny that I had to carry a napkin everywhere I was. This, to me, felt a lot like detox symptoms.

The third cleanse was the best of the three. I had a colonic done, as usual, and the first two Epsom solutions yielded a watery, clear, and odorless evacuation which was expected since I had fasted for about two days and had done a colonic that day. When I drank the olive oil solution again I felt some activity in my liver/stomach area similar to the first cleanse but this time I did not feel the urge to evacuate that night. I woke up at about 6 a.m. and evacuated but there were no stones, only clear odorless liquid. After the fourth Epsom drink I evacuated again but again no stones. It was not until about 11:00 a.m. that I felt the urge to evacuate again. This time I was actually surprised. I passed about 12 large green stones along with some brownish liquid. The smell, again, was bad. During the morning I expelled more of these greenish stones. These stones where bigger than the ones I expelled in the previous two cleanses, the largest being about .75 inches in diameter. I did not feel sick this time, all went okay after the cleanse.

I want to touch a little bit on the claim that these are soap stones. As I already mentioned, when I drank the olive oil mixture during the first and third cleanse I could actually feel something like marbles in my liver area. If this cleanse did not work, why would I feel that? During the first cleanse I evacuated little brown stones right after taking the mixture, not even a minute into it. Also, mostly during the third cleanse, in the morning I evacuated these big greenish stones along with that yellowish liquid. I was pretty clean the night before, evacuating just clear odorless liquid from the Epsom drink. Where did these smelly stones and brown liquid came from then? If they were merely soap stones then I would suppose that they would not have smelled that bad. What was that yellowish liquid, if not stagnant bile? It surely smelled like it! And also, if they were soap bubbles, I would assume that the three cleanses I have done would of yielded similar amount of stones, since the solutions I drank where exactly the same and in the same quantities, but this was not the case, they all yielded very different amounts of stones. Why did I experience flu-like symptoms exactly beginning the night of the second cleanse? I rarely get a cold, the last one being about 3 years ago.

I am a pretty healthy person with no health issues that I know of but after the cleanses I need less food to be satisfied and my skin is also better. I am not trying to persuade anyone to change their minds on this cleanse but merely sharing my experience so that those reading can decide for themselves if they want to proceed with it or not. In the end, if you want to know whether this cleanse works or not, you would be much better off trying it for yourself and then decide. It's cheap, safe, and pain-free, so what can you lose (except for some stones!)? On my side, I will continue with the cleanses.

I wish you all a fortunate journey in your quest for better health.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Greetings All

It is with a healing body that I come to you with these statements.

When I say healing, I really mean that.

In 2004/05 I began to really take my health seriously and I did my first liver cleanse.

I did this cleanse after reading my first book by Andreas called "The Amazing Liver Cleanse"...Now, we have the new improved book "The Amazing Liver & Gallbladder Flush" Reading this new book, I am amazed how much more I have learned.

I am now as of 2006 into my double digit flushes and I am feeling more and more healthy daily.

I personally know that if you read the book and follow the things are explained, you will have some amazing things happen.

After my first cleanse, my eyesight got better. (I walked away from the sink and read a book...NO glasses!) Then after the next few flushes it got even better. I thought this was just a blessing happening to me...but that is the way of the cleanse.

My husband after reading a bit of this book and also "Timeless Secrets of Health & Rejuvenation", started his flushes and had the same result. Those results were HIS discovery. You see, I never told him how much better my eyes were, I was afraid he would not believe me. I mean "after just one flush!!! better eyesight" But, his results were the same as mine. We both have gotten more energy, better skin, better sleep and the list goes one and on.

And the beauty of it is you CAN do this Liver & Gallbladder flush!!!

*It does not hurt.

*It does not feel weird.

*It does not cost an arm and a leg.

*It does not have you missing work and so on.

~What it does do is cleanse/flush out the largest, hardest working organ in your body so it will run smoother and be better able to fight-off anything we have in our toxic world.

~What it does do is give your body the help it needs to reverse chronic illnesses.

~What it does do is put your body on the road to being balanced.

~What it does do is give you a few things that are noticeable right away. (everyone is different and for some that statement I just made will not hold true. You might take longer to see results. But if you continue to follow the lifestyle changes and keep up with your cleanses, you will see some fantastic results!)

If it were another time, doing this cleanse might not be needed. Better food and air and water back then. However, as the world becomes more and more toxic, our bodies need us to listen to them and make good sound choices in all we do.

We might not be able to control everything in our environment, but reading this book and the other books by Andreas will give you a fighting chance at a longer and healthier life.

Get his book/s, it is one of the best investments into your future you can give you and your family!!!

Have a blessed day

Yours in good health

nieema
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 25, 2007
Format: Paperback
Both my daughter and I followed the instructions to do the flush, and it worked! We both passed many stones pain free. My daughter was scheduled to have her gallbladder out because her stones were too big to pass, but we were able to save it. This is a must read for anyone considering having their gallbladder removed. I was skeptical at first, but it really worked.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Format: Paperback
I am a 51 year old male. I have been in general good health, however, I had been experiencing some creeping issues: Acid reflux almost every day, bloating, insomnia, brain fog, anxiety, mild depression, pain in my right shoulder, and intense spring time allergies have been the main complaints.

I completed my third flush in as many months 24 hours ago. These are my impressions of the process so far:

First of all, I do not consider the actual flush to be simple and painless. The 6 days of preparation are quite manageable, although I've started using malic acid instead of the apple juice, and the taste is pretty nasty. Not, however, as nasty as epsom salts. I find that part of the process to be beyond wretched. It's the nastiest tasting stuff I've ever encountered. By the time I have to take the fourth dose, I'm in utter dread, like a young child being force-fed castor oil. The worst part of the process, however, is the severe acid reflux that I start experiencing about two hours after taking the olive oil mixture. Waves of nausea and intense burning come over me, and I end up lying there, expecting to wake up in my own vomit (hasn't happened yet.) And of course there is the non-stop messy pooping. Actually, spraying is more like it. I never know when I'm done with a round. I'll sit there and after ten minutes, when I finally think I'm done, I get up off the can, and then literally a minute later, another wave is ready to evacuate. Obviously, sleep is difficult in these circumstances. Dehydration is also a problem. Seems like I'm up half the night either taking water in one end or releasing it from the other. By the time morning rolls around, I'm exhausted and I look like hell. Really. I actually appear to myself as a disfigured demon.

So why did I continue with the torture after the first time? Because the payoff far exceeds the cost. It works! I've passed hundreds of stones so far. I'm not one to go wading through the toilet, but I believe that up until this most recent flush, I've only had the green floaters. This time, toward then end, I passed some beige floaters. My understanding is that these are older and calcified.

I did my first flush at the peak of my allergy season. I had resorted to taking antihistamines and steroidal nose spray every day, even though I try my best to hold off. This season was pretty bad. After the first flush, however, the allergies completely disappeared for about 4 days, then they came back, but they were not as intense. The last week before my second flush, I had gone back to the allergy meds. Then after the second flush, the allergies were totally gone for two whole weeks, on the third week, there were two days that I took meds. So that was a dramatic improvement.

Also, I've been sleeping better, the acid reflux subsided, and my shoulder pain improved. And I look marvelous. My eyes are brighter and my facial liver spots are definitely fading.

Perhaps even more dramatic than my physical improvements are my mental/emotional improvements. My outlook has significantly improved. I've been less angry, more patient, less anxious and generally brighter mood.

Finally, I feel spiritually renewed. I just feel more in harmony with the universe. I don't know how else to describe it. I feel more compassion toward all living creatures, which has caused me to completely cut out meat. The thought of factory farms is now horrifying to me, and I feel ashamed to have been a participant in that system.

I intend to keep going until the stones are all gone. Seems like other people don't have as difficult a time with the process as I do. But my testimonial is that in spite of all the discomfort, I'm in it for the long haul. My deep experience in increased well-being is worth 15 hours a month of discomfort. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for all!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 28, 2012
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
I did the flush #1 and had little results. I passed maybe 7-10 very small green floater stones and then just silty slush. I was very disappointed but after reading the book I'm sure my liver is pretty congested and that is the problem. I know for sure my GB is packed with stones - so the radiologist at Kaiser says. I was in terrible pain most of the month of April and finally am getting relief now. Not sure what is working best just glad I am out of pain and able to eat fairly normal. I just can't ignore the nearly 300 customer reviews here on Amazon and the book makes sense to me. As per the book, I ordered a parasite cleanse - "humaworm" and will be taking that then on to my second liver flush. I tried several hefty doses of wormwood and black walnut from the health food store to attempt to rid myself of any parasites and think I passed some but after reading the reviews on humaworm I realize I needed that. Anyway, my primary care physician says my GB is not inflamed "thank you God" so I will be doing liver flushes for a while. If you called my voice mail it would say "sorry I am not available because I am doing THE FARKING AMAZING LIVER AND GB FLUSH FOREVER! My lame attempt to be funny.

UPDATE 5/14/12
Flush #2 a HUGE SUCCESS! I passed hundreds of stones mostly small but literally hundreds! I could not believe the amount of stones passed! Beginning the morning after drinking the oil about 8:30 am then every 20 minutes or so for about 2 hours about 50 stones each time in the bathroom! Then passed stones up until about 5pm or so in smaller amounts. Too soon to tell if any marked difference in vitality but I will say the flushes do make you weak and lethargic so doing it over a weekend where you have little else to do is good. I ordered the Humaworm product but there was a problem with shipping so I did not even do the full 30-day parasite cleanse and it worked. I CONTRIBUTE THIS SUCCESS TO THE ADDITIONAL SOFTENING OF THE STONES. I will be continuing with the flushes until all stones are out. Anyway, I do hope to pass the stones in my gallbladder, eventually. If you have passed those stones please comment here.
I wanted to update again and say I felt very drained after the second flush so went and got a B12 shot and it helped.

Update: 8/17/2012
Just finished flush #4. Passed about 50 smallish stones but I promised to keep you guys updated on progress so I need to share this. My acupuncture lady prescribed an herbal blend that I finally started taking 3 caps 3x per day = I know...that is like 9 pills a day right! I think that is sort of why I was resistant to it plus, I didn't really believe Chinese herbs worked. After taking them at this prescribed dosage for about 2 weeks ALL my symptoms have cleared! I suppose on the last flush I could have released stones out of my actual gallbladder but I really have had more help and better results from these herbs than the flushes it seems. Here is what I am taking: Evergreen Collection Formulas/Dissolve GS. You can only get this from a acupuncturist. I pay her $23.00 per bottle. Hope this helps someone.

Update 3/7/2013 - GOOD NEWS!!
I went to Kaiser Perm for a follow up sonogram. I only saw about 3-4 stones in there all pretty small except one larger nickel sized stone- little sucker! The lady doing the sonogram confirmed that and she was very helpful but when my doctor called me she said "good news" there were no more stones. Duh, there are still a few stubborn buggers in there causing upset - I looked right at them and the lady pointed to them during the sonogram. I wonder what the disconnect is between my doctor and the radiologist person that reviews the images? Anyway, I already knew the larger ones were harder to dispel but THIS IS PROOF FOR ALL THE DOCTORS AND OTHER SMARTY PANTS OUT THERE THAT SAY YOU CAN'T GET STONES OUT OF YOUR GALLBLADDER. Although, It may have been a combo of both flushing and using the Chinese herbs but either way, the remnants of whatever used to be in there somehow came out so to me that means it came out through an exit tube! If you read through my journey, it was one year ago I was diagnosed with a gallbladder packed full of stones. This is lovely vindication for all the naysayers. On another note, I was told my liver was a little enlarged and I also saw some small fatty spots on my liver during the sonogram. My doctor wanted to do blood work to check for Hep viral strain. Well, after reading the book, this is not a surprise. Those of us that did read the book know our gallbladder issues stem from a congested liver. So, I am back to the flushing! The journey continues. BTW - I still have my gallbladder.
on November 13, 2006
Format: Paperback
Everyone should read this book to understand how to clean the toxins from the liver. Every ailment under the sun can benefit from these routines. I was truly "amazed" and grateful that someone recommended this book to me. A friend who has mercury poisoning and used these methods to get well also got off of all of her asthma medicine. Another friend recently had her gallbladder removed (to "help" her) but she is now losing her hair, drying up, looking sullen and is sick all the time. She did not need surgery! She needed to cleanse her system and instead she is permanently worse off. For her sake, I would never tell her about this book because she will be devastated when she reads how simple it is to restore your health.
on March 3, 2010
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
I followed the liver flush detailed in this book four times, and I adhered to the letter. I had very good results the first time. I pooped 200 green curds--the alleged "gallstones in the liver"--just as the author promised, I felt less liver congestion, and I became more sensitive to liver-unfriendly foods. I gave up chocolate, coffee, and sugary desserts quite easily, and began to eat much more sensibly. A lot of people commented that I looked more healthy and "clear."

So far so good. I continued the flush for the next two months, but noticed that I was feeling much more tired after the flushes--and I'm usually quite energetic. Natural health professionals I consulted warned that they'd seen monthly flushes like this one exhaust many people and even lead to serious illness. After one more flush had mixed results at best, I talked with an old friend, an experienced acupuncturist. Anthony had done this liver flush himself and taken the green curds into a laboratory to be tested. The result: They are not products of the liver, but waste from the small intestine (colonics don't wash this out). The reason for the strong green color is unclear; it could be due to the amount of bile that the epsom salts causes the gall bladder to excrete. But in any case, the chemical tests revealed that the "stones" are not gall or bile--they're food.

The claim that this flush cleans gall-stones or bile-curds out of the liver may or may not be fraudulent; but in any case, it's FALSE. If you don't believe me, take the curds to a laboratory and find out for yourself.

So why did I have the initial good results? It could well be that the apple juice, the epsom salts, and the colonics (which I'd never had before) did good things for my abdomen. Even the shock of the flush itself might have benefited my liver at that initial stage. Since several factors are involved in the flush, it would take controlled experiments to discover exactly what was effective. My guess is that flushing or fasting can be beneficial to most people. Anthony recommended that I do a regular juice or food cleanse in early spring and another in early autumn each year. He believes that four flushes in six months is far too much, especially in the case of somebody without a serious need and not under medical supervision. CAUTION: regular flushing is likely to be DANGEROUS!

The case of the friend who introduced this book to me suggests that Anthony is right. Julie also had good initial results but became weaker with each passing month. Yes, she was more sensitive and "ethereal," but that was largely because her energy level was getting lower. Now she's dealing with a recurrence of cancer and, in my opinion, seeking even more questionable therapies.

Some of the Amazon reviews take skeptics to task for not being open-minded. I agree with that--I myself prefer alternative medicine--but openness also means being open to the possibility that "natural cure" claims may be false and/or fraudulent, and therefore need critical investigation and verification. At the very least, readers of this book should ask around and look into the potential downside before embarking on a regimen that will flush away their qi energy rather than toxins.
7373 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 8, 2006
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
I am definitively impressed the way Mr. Moritz explains the origin of many diseases. Personally I have had many skin problems for many years. After visiting many dermatologists, I arrived to the conclusion that they could not help me, at least to being totally cured. I always suspected that the origin of my problem was the functioning of my liver. Since then, I started to heal my liver and I started to notice important changes. Mr. Moritz only confirmed my hypothesis. Of course I will try his recommendation. I strongly recommend this book to anybody that want a real healing for her maladies.