This is a daily devotional by Corrie Ten Boom that has been sitting in my library all my life. My copy is tattered. Everytime I need to reach for moral courage, integrity, kindness, endurance and empathy, I turn to this 'little' book.

Published on September 1, 2005 by Corrie ten Boom "Liz"

3.0 out of 5 stars True Stories of the power of forgiveness
This book is easy to read, but not what I was expecting. This details her life when she was out preaching. The lessons she learnt and the places she preached, her thoughts, in America, Germany where ever she was called. If God can forgive us for what we did to his son, how we should also forgive. Not easy but benificial.
Published 21 months ago by Spud

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Love is just one more book by one of the most influential evangelists of modern times, September 1, 2005
This review is from: Amazing Love (Paperback)

This particular order was for 10 men that I know through a prison ministry who are living in very difficult situations for long periods of their lives. If you need to learn forgiveness, try reading"The Hiding Place." Only the spirit could work through a person to forgive the people she encountered during her stay in a Nazi concentration camp......and forgive...she did!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hiding Place, March 19, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Amazing Love (Paperback)
I love this book! I have learned so much reading about these strong, brave, loving and ever so forgiving people. I highly recommend this book to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, June 18, 2009
This review is from: Amazing Love: True Stories of the Power of Forgiveness (Paperback)
I felt so filled with God's love every morning I read this...it was hard not to read the whole thing all at once! What an incredible example of how God can really live through anyone... it's so nice to have a woman of the Lord to look up to, not just a bunch of perfect women on magazines bringing us down every day and making us feel unworthy. God used this book to help me realize it is Him I should be striving for, not the approval of the world. I wrote down quotes from this to remember everyday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Love by Corrie Ten Boom, June 18, 2011
Deanna L. Gottreu (Jonesboro, LA United States) - See all my reviews
Amazing Love by Corrie Ten Boom is a very uplifting and encouraging book. I thought it interesting that Corrie called herself a troubadour for Christ.

The book consists of twenty-seven chapters and each one is more or less a short story or maybe testimony would be a better word. The chapters include such things as redemption, forgiveness, finances, intercessory prayer, the second coming, and everlasting life. There were several statements in the book that I really liked but I think my favorite was: "Yesterday is a canceled check, today is cash, tomorrow is a promissory note to those who accept the victory of Jesus." Every chapter offered words of wisdom from an author who was in a position to offer such words. Corrie's deep faith and love for Christ comes through each word in the book.

Nadia May is the narrator and does an excellent job.

I received this audio book free from christianaudio Reviewers Program in exchange for posting a review. ([...]).

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Love, Amazing Lessons and an Amazing God., April 11, 2011
As youth, Corrie ten Boom and her sister suffered imprisonment in a Nazi concentration camp. Treated harshly, her sister escaped the concentration camp by way of the grave. Corrie, however, was released and eventually recovered from the traumatic experience. In Amazing Love, Corrie recounts twenty-seven of her life experiences. Rather than remain bruised and scarred, Corrie gave her pain to God. In return, she received personal healing and opportunities to share the gift of healing with others. Corrie uses her trials and triumphs to encourage Christians from all walks of life.

Listening to Amazing Love was entertaining and encouraging. The stories challenged me spiritually while distracting me from the tediousness of laundry. I found listening to this audio book while doing chores quite enjoyable and I would definitely do it again.

Some of my favorite things in Amazing Love were: The discussions about the power of prayer and the different forms of prayer as well as the recurring theme of victorious living through Christ. Corrie used stories of personal victories in her own life to demonstrate her beliefs. One powerful statement was: "The promises of God are greater than the realities of our problems." What a thought. I also enjoyed "The Chocolate Sermon." I won't spoil it by explaining too much. However, the simple truth illustrated in that particular story has the potential to change lives. It doesn't hurt that I happen to love chocolate and can relate to the women in the story. I would not consider this to be a devotional, but it is spiritual uplifting.

Regarding the narration, the narrator's voice matched what I imagine the author's voice to sound like. It was distinguished with an interesting lilt. Vocal intonations, such as loudness, excitement and sadness, were utilized appropriately.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this audiobook free from Christianaudio as part of their Review Program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Grace: The Stories of Power and Forgiveness, November 15, 2010
This is an excellent book on the art of forgiveness. Corey TenBoom has several books on her life and this book almost reads like a devotional, Short chapters with thoughts to ponder. This is a book that you can read over and over and get more out of it every time. Corrie is so devoted to the Lord and doing his work and she talks about the hard times and how she got through them. She gives all the credit to Jesus and His love for her. This is not a "one read" book but one you can keep on your bookshelf or by your dresser and pick it up and read it over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brief stories that encourage forgiveness, March 23, 2013
This book is a collection of short stories and experiences focused on forgiveness. They portray the results as well as the attitudes that were over come because of what Christ has done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent illustration of Christian Principles, May 2, 2011
I just finished listening to Amazing Love by Corrie ten Boom. This is the first audio book that I am reviewing for ChristianAudio.com. It is a very good book. Corrie ten Boom's language is not lofty or intellectual. She explains some basic concepts of being a disciple to Yeshua through her experiences in the years after World War II. I view myself as a very new disciple, and so it was very good to hear another perspective on some of these concepts: trust in God to provide for us, we are to allow God's love for others to flow through us, our sins our forgiven, we must forgive those who have sinned against us, the Devil and demons are defeated spirits. There are hefty volumes of theology on all of these topics, but I believe Corrie ten Boom did an excellent job of illustrating them in her life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Corrie = Wonderful, June 10, 2010
Corrie Ten Boom is my hero, and she will be yours too if you pick up her books and read the way through!
Seriously, She is amazing. This particular selection is a compilation of stories about fogiveness...but having read just about all of her other books, I have already heard many of the stories. Just the same, it is totally worth buying and is a very easy read. Short chapters. Great message.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing Book, December 9, 2013
Life changing. All of Corrie ten Booms books are that way. If you have a desire to experience your own life with greater appreciation, just read her books. What a new perspective! Just climbing into clean sheets or eating a simple meal becomes a celebration of life and cause for worship, joyous that we are not the victims of some horrific regime.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Amazing Love: True Stories of the Power of Forgiveness
Amazing Love: True Stories of the Power of Forgiveness by Corrie Ten Boom (Paperback - 2007)
$8.99 $8.09