The Boxee Box by D-Link HD Streaming Media Player
Used & New from: $49.99
Boxee Box + Amazon Video on Demand? Does anyone know if the Boxee Box will support Amazon Video On Demand natively? It's being pushed real hard by Amazon, seems kind of stupid if it doesn't.
asked by Jeremy Tully on November 2, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 216 answers
A
Another voice requesting an Amazon Video/music app for Boxee Box. It would be great to have Boxee Box added to the list of devices compatible with Amazon Instant Video: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200775230#instantvideoKindle fire

Please?
CMom answered on September 29, 2011
Comment | 36 of 36 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am surprised Amazon has not built an app for the boxee box to allow streaming. They can make a killer UI, better then netflix on the boxee box and allow more people to access their content on their TVs. While you are at it, use an open source software to allow Airplay to work between the fire and boxee box and you got a really cool eco system.
prabhjot singh answered on September 28, 2011
Comment | 27 of 28 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Well, note that the Boxee Box was working with the Amazon VOD service. But after the last Boxee patch (5/26/2011 for us), the Amazon VOD service no longer works.
You can browse to the site, pick out a movie, everything is great. But when you click the "Play" button - it is un-clickable with Boxee.

Recent change. But what happened?

How can I un-do the Boxee Box upgrade?

JDMc
jon mceachron answered on May 28, 2011
Comment | 12 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Amazon...... Get on board.... you need to make Boxee a vendor for your on demand content..... TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!
D. Hitch answered on October 8, 2011
Comment | 17 of 18 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I must correct myself. Boxee currently does support paid content through Vudu (recently) and Netflix.
Amazon Customer answered on November 7, 2010
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I signed up for the one month trial of Prime (and VOD) a few days ago without even looking at what devices supported it. I figured there was no way Amazon would not be on the best streaming device available. When I got home and powered up my Boxee Box I was in shock that there was no Amazon App. How is this even possible? With Netflix screwing over millions of customers why hasnt Amazon stepped up to the plate?
GC answered on October 12, 2011
Comment | 16 of 17 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I also would love to see an Amazon Instant App added.
Lonnie answered on September 30, 2011
Comment (1) | 9 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Add me to the list as well!
C. Barnes answered on September 30, 2011
Comment | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would like to throw my vote in for Amazon to work something out with Boxee. Please make an App I would leave Netflix in a heart beat if you did!!!!!
Moe Sparkman answered on October 17, 2011
Comment | 11 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't want to wait.... I signed up for Amazon Prime and I would like to access it through my Boxee Box... If I can stream to my PC why can't I stream to my Boxee ? The money it still transferred and I can watch in my living room rather than my office..... Come on Amazon make the leap.... I'm waiting !!!!
D. Hitch answered on October 8, 2011
Comment (1) | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   22   Next ›

See all questions about this product