Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Amazon Doesn't Get It LeapFrog LeapPad Explorer Learning Tablet (Pink) (Toy)
Like many, I have been trying to catch one of the LeapPads Amazon occasionally releases for $99.00. After two days of on and off watching, I finally got one in my cart, selected next day shipping, and then when I clicked on which credit card, you guessed it, it came back no longer available! I don't understand why when you put it your cart it is not reserved at that point. If you were at a store and put something in your cart and pushing it up to the checkout would an employee come and pull it out of your cart? I understand that people put items in carts on Amazon and then don't purchase them, but the simple solution to that is give them 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or whatever to complete the transaction, send them a warning email, and if they don't buy it move it back to inventory and put it in their Wishlist. Amazon, a boss once told me "It is five times easier to keep customers you have, then to get a new customer"
asked by John Powers on December 6, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
John, that does seem like a good suggestion. Hope Amazon does this sometime soon.

PS: And the analogy with the store cart is spot on and hilarious. Imagine the store snatching away from your cart. That'll cause a ruckus.
MikeC answered on December 7, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Listen to yourself. then a reseller would put 200 leappads(or how many ever there are in stock logged into the computer) in his cart and no one would get anything.

Amazon is not at fault! People just don't get it, this happens every year. Its happened with xbox 360, ps3, wii, rock band, guitar hero, zhu zhu pets, elmo.......

Supply and demand. I agree what resellers are doing is irritating but you cant blame amazon
Andrew Baker answered on December 6, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I too struggled for several days to catch it on 99 dollar special. The best suggestion I have, that worked for me, is to set up one click payment. I saw it was available yesterday, clicked one click payment and its on its way UPS today. You need to be fast and you can't waste time by putting in your card info!!!
Angelina Brumgard answered on December 7, 2011

A
Angelina-thanks One Click. The One Click and WiiAlerts did it for me. I just feel sorry for those who may be computer challenged and trying to get one. I still support my "In The Cart" it yours for a few minutes to give time to complete a transaction.
John Powers answered on December 9, 2011

A
What I am saying is simple, if it goes in the cart then you have a limited amount of time to complete the transaction. It is not complicated, Ticketmaster does this everyday with every transaction. I don't have a problem with Amazon saying they are out of stock or not available, but if you can click add it to your cart and it GOES into your cart, you select shipping, and then select your credit card, it should come back and say no longer available. Once in the cart you should have a limited amount of time to complete the transaction. If you don't complete it, it goes back into inventory. If you put something in your cart at the local store, they don't take it out at the cash register and tell you can't have it. Not rocket science.
John Powers answered on December 6, 2011
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product