Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now DOTD

on March 2, 2013
The same old good PS3, with much smaller body and much lighter weight.
This bundle seems to be the best value because the Uncharted 3/AC3 game price falls really fast.
Too bad they do not sell console by itself.
on April 6, 2013
Pre-review mini-review!!

+ By far the best value for your PS3 bundle dollar
+ Multiple internal fans make the unit operate at a much cooler temp than the older models
+ WAY quieter than expected
+ Sliding door disc-loader means you can remove and replace discs without having to turn on system

- Cheap plastic disc door
- Bundles selling for $50 more will double your hard drive size (though who needs that much?)

My old 40gig "fat" PS3 finally went to that great big video game pasture in the sky, and I needed a new one ASAP. I also needed a cheap one ASAP. Those two things came together in the form of the 250GB "Amazon Exclusive Family Entertainment Bundle". You get a huge hard drive, you don't pay anything over $250, you get two free games, a month of PS+ for free, and you get a hell of a system to boot.

Alright, first the system itself, and by now you know the deal. Strong gaming system, the technical leader of this generation of consoles, etc etc, we're all aware of the logistics. Cross-platform games look the best on this system, and it also plays Blu-ray DVDs, so it's cross-functional-- not to mention it can use Amazon video and Netflix and yada yada, you know the drill. Buy it and you buy a very cool, very powerful piece of electronics, period.

Yes the casing is a bit flimsy. Would it stop me from purchasing it again? Absolutely not. The door slide may be cheap and thin plastic, but it opens so smoothly and easily that I can't imagine it breaking anytime soon. And I love that I don't have to turn the PS3 on to take out or insert discs into it anymore! For that alone, I'll handle some cheap, ugly plastic casing.

As you can see by this page's product information, the system comes with a nice array of goodies other than the system and controller. Two games, a free month of PS+, a free remote, all of which are in addition to the system itself, which has a huge hard drive for its price point. It's pretty sweet deal from a financial perspective alone, and the best one out there, pound for pound, in my opinion.

My last PS3 had a problem with internal temperatures, mostly because the fans weren't up to snuff. No longer a problem. Tons of fan power now-- and still not that loud to listen to. And yet they somehow managed to lower the electricity the system needs to operate, so it's actually a safer, cheaper system to own now. Not bad!

My overall thoughts on the "Amazon Exclusive Family Entertainment Bundle": it's a definitive winner. The next best Playstation 3 package available is twenty dollars more, and you get arguably the same amount of goodies as you do with this package, or even less if you're not into Uncharted! Take it from me. I've owned every gaming console since the Atari 2600. This is a solid setup, suitable for those of us who're looking to upgrade to a newer model PS3, or those who've yet to buy one at all. You won't be sorry.
on February 16, 2013
very nice bundle here. you get a huge hard drive along with a collection of ratchet and clank, allstar battles a remote and a 1 month premium membership. of course it does blu-ray movies and 3D as well.
on April 16, 2013
First of all i just got this and unboxed it. So far I am loving everything about it but in my box i got sent a invalid plus subscription that was expired already lol, just i dont know gg i guess on that end, The stand doesn't come with it of course but everything was shipped good and came 1 day before estimated time. So far only con i can think of is false advertisement, i mean how you gonna send me a expired 1 month trial playstation plus lol? seriously?
Overall so far everything is great but well see, i'll keep this updated
on May 24, 2013
We had the standard blue ray player. Was very hard to figure out how to use. We also wanted to be able to play dvd, blue ray and do streaming. Can't do that with other player. Our kids each recommended a different machine. We went with the PS3 because it had all the options we wanted. Once it was installed, it was a breeze to learn. This is important for us old farts! We can use this PS3 for multiple applications, which is always good.

Update: After using the new unit for 3 weeks, it just quit working. Only used the PS3 a total of 3 times. Amazon was not helpful at all. They told me to contact Sony. Called support, had to send it back to be serviced. They sent me a box and directions. Several weeks later, they sent me a dirty, dusty, scratched and beat-up RE-FURBISHED unit. The only good thing about this one was it did work. So I effectively paid full price for an extremely used PS3. Never again. If I had wanted a used one I could have purchased a used one. The techs that I dealt with were professional and helpful. Company policy sucks for me!
on February 10, 2013
Yeah sure, the super slim might have been an attempt of Sony to just make more money off of people but Sony is an empire. What do you expect? Regardless, if you need a me ps3 like I did...why not get the newest one with the latest features such as a top disk loading tray(which isn't "junky" as alot of people have been saying). It has a large hard drive, still does everything that people love playstation for, and doesn't take up the space...so why the complaints? I just don't get it. Not to mention, I think the design of it is the nicest looking one yet. Besides the new super slim this package is WONDERFUL. It comes with two super addictive and fun games. I mean after all who didn't want ratchet and clank to be redone in hd? The blu ray remote is nice to have also so my fiancée can actually function Netflix and all our movies considering she has no idea where to even start with the controllers. So overall, but if if you need a new playstation the bundles a great deal and the playstation isn't a really a rip off at all like alot of these morons have been complaining about.
on August 12, 2013
I purchased this bundle because I wanted an extra PS3 around the house to use when friends came over so we could play some multiplayer stuff together. I currently own 3 PS3s including this one. I have an original backwards compatible model and a 160GB model...I've stored the backwards compatible one because they can be a bit expensive to get your hands on these days.

The bundle is great and it comes with a slim version of the Blu-Ray/Universal remote. I use this remote for the PS3, my receiver, and my TV (all Sony devices) and it works wonderfully. I traded in both of the games that came with it because I had no interest in them and used that to get a different game. The slim PS3 is neat and doesn't take up as much space and I can barely tell its on when my living room is silent.

I'm not sure why a vertical stand is shown in the picture but the bundle did not include this. It did include a free month of PS+ though and I knew ahead of time the stand wasn't included, so I'm not complaining, just pointing it out for anyone else who is curious. This probably is one of the best deals out there for a new PS3, if not the best deal.

I'd recommend this for anyone in the market to buy a PS3. If you're not interested in the games just do what I did and turn them in towards something else.
on April 28, 2014
So I use my PS3 for pretty much everything, from Youtube to Netflix to Blu-ray to VUDU to Crunchyroll to gaming. The fact it comes with a remote for use with Bluray was the reason I got it. I've been very happy with the purchase overall. I have PS+ which gives me a free game a month which is awesome, since they are really good games (Borderlands, Batman, Bioshock, Tomb Raider, etc). I only play about 1 game a month anyway, so this is perfect for me. The remote is good, doesn't need IR so it can be pointed anywhere, but in general we just use the ps3 controller which works really well.

I actually think the PS3 is a better family machine than the Xbox 360 since it plays bluray and Netflix and Youtube are not behind a paywall. Yes, if you like games the Xbox 360 is probably the better option right now (actually, go for the newer PS4/Xbox1 instead). This one machine can easily replace all your other electronics you hook up to your tv, well worth the investment.
on January 1, 2014
The unit I got came missing a cable ($20 out of My pocket for that!) and 2 games then on top of that it doesn't it work! Shuts down after 5 minutes that really made Christmas special for My Grandson. (Now I am stuck with all the other crap too) because they only do refunds. So I guess now Amazon can sell Me one at full price. My Grandson and I am sooo happy!!! I have been a Prime member for Years I am not sure if that will continue. I get very angry when I get cheated and much more so when My grandson gets cheated.
on April 28, 2013
I've not messed with a PS3 much, had the original fat in the early stages for gaming and blu-ray adoption. The new super slim is nice because it has a small footprint and is light and fairly quiet, but the top is a bit cheap and cheesy. I'm not a big fan of the top load, while easy to put the disc in, getting it out requires some care if you are anal about how you get fingerprints on the disc. I also find it ironic the bundled BT remote has an eject button that has no control over the top, I end up pushing the front bar (not a great design either) every time to open the top. Small complaints I guess.

Great for Blu-ray playback, allows you to download Vudu HDX movies to the HDD and then watch if your internet is slow. Netflix and Amazon VOD both work for me as well. Overall Im glad I bought it for what I needed, which was a reliable blu-ray player as well as a reliable and capable streamer. I'll definitely be watching what goes on with the PS4.

I'd give it 5 stars for function and what it does for me, 3.5 stars for build quality and the stupid top loader.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse