Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on May 9, 2014
I got this for my grandsons. Extra controllers were purchased to keep the peace. They would hog my granddaughter's console and seldom play their PS2. Now they can video-game without disturbing anyone else (especially her). The games that were bundled were highly appreciated and exciting as well. Many PS3 new and used games are available. Everyone knows that the PS3 is a Blu-Ray player too. So, they can watch their DVDs on it as well. It keeps them busy too. They have a library to choose from and share often. Packaging was secure, pricing was right, and delivery was timely.
on March 31, 2013
My slim 120GB PS3 is partially broken. The dual layer for blu-ray doesn't work, but the single layer part does. I can play games that are single layer, but the double layer games just keep trying to load. I bought this PS3 bundle and it is the best value. The price came down and it is the new super slim version. The only thing I didn't like is the manual loading of the disc. The auto loading of the disc found in the older generations of PS3 is better. This is a minor inconvenience. I think the design was set this way to lower the cost of manufacturing and thus lower the price sold to consumers. And of course this bundle comes with 2 games and a remote on top of the standard package. The only thing you need to get separately is the stand, which I ordered. I recommend getting the stand to allow your PS3 to be vertical for better cooling. The bottom of the PS3 is where all the heat builds up from. So having the PS3 stand up will allow it to cool better than it sitting flat and trapping the heat.
on February 16, 2014
I loved the slim design of the PS3, but I hate how the disc tray cover is now manually operated. There was something classy about previous versions when they ejected the disc not to mention the eject button on the remote now has no function.

I tried out the All Stars Battle Royale. It wishes it was Super Smash Bros, but it will never be. The game is a joke and the buttons are confusing. It was the highlight of a party because all of my friends made fun of it and how bad it was.

I still haven't played the other one since I never have time to play games.
on March 7, 2013
This is my first console since the original x-box. I chose this for its networking purposes and its great if found my server and all of my music and movies. Its quiet and it does not run near as hot as the gen 1 PS3. The remote is great since it replaced our blue-ray player. the kids love the games. I thought it would feel cheap with the slide open but I kind of like it, you do need additional space to load the movies but you don't have to worry about the loader breaking ( I have friends that the loader broke) Its easy to upgrade hard drives, really easy, just YouTube it. You can get the OS right from Sony for the new hard drive. I went from 250 to 500. Don't use an SSD I hear the BUS is too slow to handle it. I went to a 7200 rpm and its slightly faster but I did it for the increased storage. So far I am happy with the purchase but again the main reason was to stream movies and music from my server since PC is much much better for playing games.
on April 28, 2013
This version is smaller and weighs less than the original and front loading slim version. This however uses a top loading slide cover that I am not very fond off. I would have perfered the slim front loading version but I could only find it used or running at a higher price then this newest version. I have had no problems with it and it plays all games, it is no different in performance than the other eariler PS3 versions. I have one of the original PS3 that has been running for years and got this one go in a den and to be carried to grandma's house to play games and watch movies. Package deal was good in that it includes the blueray remote and two games. Games are OK but not great, kids like Ratchet Clank but I far as I know have never played the All-Stars game (not interrested in it). If you do not use the PS3 to watch movies then the remote is not somthing you will want.
on May 27, 2014
Before I found this bundle, I was looking for available PS3's at retail stores, and there were good deals, but I was curious to see what Amazon offered, and then I found this bundle. I can easily say this bundle is the best one I saw, not only because it was at a great price, but also because it comes with 2 great games. I also liked this bundle because it offers the new super slim PS3 model, which I actually prefer than the other ones. One thing to note, is that even though it is shown in the picture, this bundle does NOT offer the vertical stand for the PS3, you have to buy that separately. Other than that, I think this bundle was a very good deal for anyone who wants to buy a PS3, there are other ones that come with different games, but they are at different prices I think.
on October 7, 2014
I'm a PS-3 fan. When I bought this one, it was the second one I had. It was for the bedroom. My old one is in the living room. This one was stolen too. So I'd say they thought it great too. My original I've had for 6 yrs. Had to send off to Sony & have it rebuilt. When I can afford it I'll definably by another one to replace it.
on May 25, 2013
This is my first PS3 console, and for your money, this PS3 bundle provides a great deal. It comes with (technically) 4 games & a media remote so your family members who aren't gaming savvy can still use the system as a multimedia/blu ray player.

NOTE: The games come in a small cardboard sleeve and not in a traditional plastic PS3 game case. The "free" PSN+ Code that comes with the system is also expired.

You can also sell the games & remote on eBay (like I did) and get even MORE for your money. There is a large exclusive PS3 library that is extremely cheap now, and PS+ also provides great deals & even free retail games as long as you subscribe to its membership.
on July 1, 2013
I ordered this on April 30 2014 and has of June 30 2014 the system gives me a message saying its too hot and shutdown after a min of running, iam not only unhappy with Sony that this happen. iam upset with Amazon about their return policy, only 30 days! if I would have bought this at another store it would have come with a 90 day return, so now I have to deal with Sony and sending it back to them for repair. instead of a exchange for a new system I will get a refurbished model because we have all sent in system to be repaired and receive a system in worse shape than the one we send in, so iam 30 days of no PS3 and will lose all this time of Playstation Plus membership waiting for PS3 to come back. I have learned my lesson and will not be buying big purchases like this again from Amazon. This is the first bad thing I have ever said about Amazon otherwise a great company.
on May 9, 2014
I purchased this on the eve of the release of the xbox one and ps4. I don't regret it at all. The PS3 came in a quick, efficient manner and the games played great. Love Ratchet and Clank series and it's perfect for people who love platformers, no matter what the age. All-Stars is all right, but not as appealing as Super Smash Bros. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase.

See 1 answered question