46,034 Reviews
 (3,147)
 (1,384)

907 of 1,061 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Gift card
I've used the gift cards many times and my children and grandchildren love getting them.
My main negative comment is that I wish Amazon would send me an e-mail message letting me know when the recipient has used the gift card. I get a message confirming my purchase but I'd like to know when it was actually used.
Sometimes I think Amazon could charge my credit...
Published on April 14, 2011 by Darryl Jansson

2.0 out of 5 stars Gift card did not go through - not delivered
Published 21 months ago by B Roens

907 of 1,061 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Gift card, April 14, 2011
Sometimes I think Amazon could charge my credit card but not send the gift card. I don't want to ask the person I sent it to, if they received it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Gift card did not go through - not delivered, October 31, 2012
This is the second time I sent 2 gift cards. One was delivered and one wasn't. They were both to the same email address. You used to send confirmation that the person got it. You don't do that anymore. Now I feel like I need to check with everyone I sent gift cards to to make sure they got them. Now I feel like I can't trust they are delivered without getting confirmation that they have been received.

1.0 out of 5 stars e-mailed gift card, October 22, 2012
Did not know the card was not received by recipient until I asked, and thank goodness I did. My daughter would have thought I didn't send her anything for her birthday and I was sitting there thinking that it would have been nice for her to tell me thank you. Instead, the e-mailed gift card was never received by her e-mail and there was no reply to my e-mail tellling me that. The process for re-delivering cards was simple enough, however, I will never send cards in this manner again.

2.0 out of 5 stars be careful, June 22, 2011
I purchased a gift card from Amazon for a friend. Despite Amazon billing my credit card and sending a confirmation email to me stating gift card was electronically delivered, it did not get sent. I fortunately found out when the recipient didn't thank me for the gift, and it still took 2 more tries to get it delivered. I had read from other Amazon customers that this had happened to them, too. The only way I'd buy a gift card again is if I had it sent to my house & deliverd the gift card myself.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Service, October 21, 2012
Barbara Ann Howell (Oak Hill, VA United States) - See all my reviews
My husband has still not received his gift card for $250.00 that I purchased for him in September. I have "chatted" many times with customer service only to have an incident report sent to the Gift Card department. They always reply to me that all is fine. ALL IS NOT FINE. I AM OUT $250.00.

1.0 out of 5 stars no service, September 11, 2012
This is a complaint, not a review. My gift card order was never received. When I called to complain, I was told to wait on hold for 25 minutes or leave a call-back phone number. I was never called, and have never been to get through to a representative. I am still waiting for a call-back and refund of $50 .

3.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, but why does it take days for an email to arrive?, December 12, 2012
I like doing this, but why does an email gift take multiple days, weeks even, to arrive? It doesn't make sense.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delivery confirm?, May 30, 2011
I love sending gift certs from Amazon. However, on a recent purchase for my step daughter's birthday, she stated she never received the gift card. I have tried to find where it was actually sent and I could not find the information on the website. This makes me hesitant to send gift cards in this manner. Perhaps I can get feedback where to find the information and I will be pleased with the server once more?

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Gift Card review, September 27, 2012
I purchased an amazon gift card as well as gifted 2 amazon mp3's to a friend in Malaysia. They were requested to set up and account and it asked for a zip code but they don't have zip codes there and there was no way to ever set up the account to download the mp3's or the amazon gift card for them to be able to use it. Not happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift Card review, August 22, 2012
Strange that I've been asked to submit a review for this product really, as it's a product that I've not had the chance to enjoy. Well, this and the other four gift cards that were purchased by the delightful human being that hacked my Amazon account and also stole money from my bank account on July 20th 2012.

I hope that the purchaser really gained enjoyment from their gifts while I've been left out of pocket by Amazon's awful customer service and lack of urgency in processing any refund that is due to me. The only gain I've had from this, is to my email in and out boxes - some 15 emails have been sent to Amazon with not one single reply addressing their fault or answering my complaint. Actually...they've refused to accept any complaint and advised me that there is no complaint department at all.

So there you go, a glowing review for Gift Cards that I paid for but never owned.

Thank you Amazon - you're fantastic.

Amazon Gift Card - E-mail - Just Married