Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

4.7 out of 5 stars30,172
Denomination: 100Design Name: Amazon 'a'Change
Price:$100.00

on July 19, 2011
I recently received an Amazon gift card for a birthday present. What a fabulous present. I used it to purchase e-books for my Amazon Kindle. My daughter-in-law recently purchased an Amazon Kindle and I bought an Amazon gift card for her birthday. She was thrilled. It was an ideal present. I lead a busy life and am always looking to save time. The convenience of purchasing the gift card online and printing the card at home is a time saver. Amazon gift cards are a perfect present.
22 comments220 of 261 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2012
Awesome! Process to redeem gift card is very easy to use. I especially like the fact that Amazon keeps track of how much is used and how much is available. I am extremely satisfied.
11 comment148 of 175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2012
I purchased a gift card for a birthday. I was unable to login in to the server to print it. I could login to my account but could not get to the print area that way. I ended up getting a refund and sending a gift card by email. This was disappointing as it took three days to resolve.
11 comment44 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2013
Love ability to upload photo -- birthday recipient was tickled with personalized card which had her favorite pet on it.
0Comment58 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2010
This was the absolute easiest way to get a gift card. If you have a computer & a printer, you're golden. I tried to buy one from a local Dollar General Store & they couldn't get it to scan - since I had put off getting this card, I had to have it THAT DAY! (Yikes!) So I got online, printed it off & bammo - instant gift. I'm asking for them for Christmas since it's so easy! You can't go wrong!
11 comment232 of 282 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2012
quick and easy!..just make sure you select the "printable" version...it is easy to make wrong selection. I do wish they had an employee of the month selection.
22 comments72 of 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
An Amazon.com official commented on the review below
on November 1, 2012
I have used this product/ feature before with no problems. However, this last time was HORRIBLE. The whole point of these printable gift cards are that they are fast and easy. That was not the case this time.
I logged in to Amazon, chose my card, put in all my info, etc. and clicked to purchase the product. It told me an email would appear in my box shortly. It did. It said something to the effect of "This is a confirmation of your order. Another e-mail should arrive shortly with instructions for printing your card." Previously, the second email has appeared nearly simultaneously with the first. Not so this time. I waited and waited. After 15 minutes, when it still had not arrived, I went back to the Amazon site to check the status of my order. It told me that it was still trying to confirm/ verify my credit card. Mind you this is the same card I've been using on Amazon for *years* and it isn't close to expiry, nor is it close to the credit limit, so I didn't see what the problem was, but I waited some more. When another 30 minutes passed and the email still had not appeared I called customer service. (We had reached the point where it was time to leave for the party we'd bought the card for.)
The customer service person was not very helpful, and apparently not very bright. I explained that I'd been waiting for 45 minutes, and he said "Yes, I think we can help you within the next 45 minutes." I tried again, saying that I had *already* been waiting 45 minutes, and it was time for me to leave the house, and could he please see what the problem was quickly. He came back and told me that they were verifying my credit card. Again, I explained that I *knew* that from my status check, but I wanted to know *why* they were still verifying. He put me on hold to check on it. About 5 minutes later he came back on the line and told me that the problem was taken care of, and that I would be getting the email with instructions to print the gift card within the next 24 hours. At this point I had pretty much lost my patience. I told him that I didn't need it in 24 hours, I needed it NOW, which was the whole point of the stupid thing. I told him that he'd better put a manager on the phone right away, and that if my problem wasn't fixed they would loose me and my family as customers.
Luckily the manager seemed to be a smart person. I was on hold for another 5 minutes before the manager got on the phone. When she did get on, she told me that she'd taken care of the problem, and would I please check my email one more time. Thank goodness the email was there, and I was able to immediately print the gift card, and we were only about 15 minutes late for our party.

I do think these printable gift cards are a great idea, and have been happy with them in the past. I don't know what happened that made my "instant" order take over an hour this time, but it will definitely make me think twice before using this product next time. My recommendation to anyone who uses it in the future will be "Don't wait until the last minute." I find this sad, because that is supposed to be the beauty of the thing. Oh well. I hope it was just a one-time fluke. Good luck.
66 comments297 of 370 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
An Amazon.com official commented on this review (What's this?)
We are sorry for any inconvenience customers may have experienced with Print at Home gift card delivery.  Because many customers have found this review helpful, we want to share some information that may help those who experience a similar situation.  Gift cards are typically emailed to customers within 5 minutes of placing an order.  However, reasons such as payment authorization issues and service outages may cause a delay in delivery.  These delays are uncommon, and are addressed as quickly as possible.  Any customers who experience a delay should contact customer service and they will be happy to assist you.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your feedback.  It is important to us to continue to improve the service that we provide.
on January 28, 2012
I live in the UK and my family wanted to know what to get me for Christmas. I immediately thought of an Amazon gift certificate that I could use in the UK and not have to lug a bunch of Christmas presents back on the flight. I know that Amazon has a british website, but I (stupidly) assumed that I could have my orders shipped to the UK....not the case. I spent ages trying to pick out what I wanted only in the end to find out that NONE of my orders could be shipped to the UK. I ended up letting my mom use my account so she could use the gift certificate. Here's the best part: I ordered everything I wanted on the British site and one of the exact items I had in my US basket (that wouldn't ship to the UK) would now ship to me ....it's from Illinois!
Long story short...if you want to get this as a gift for someone living outside of the US make sure it's the amazon site in their country!
11 comment91 of 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2015
$0.50 gift cards?!?! The perfect gift for anyone on your list who didn't give you any actual gift ideas!

Step 1: Buy a bunch of $0.50 gift cards
Step 2: Print out gift card codes on print-at-home business card paper
Step 3: Use tape & hot glue to make glorious structures
Step 4: Watch your beneficiary destroy your structure so they can scan all the codes

At $0.50, the opportunities are limitless!
review image
0Comment21 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2015
The basket was easy to fill and hang. It's doing great on my covered porch.
review image
0Comment22 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse