Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 15, 2012 4:54:37 AM PDT
I'm glad I can check the movie out day of release with my Roku.. but is it only in SD? Other than watching it on my Kindle Fire the movie will be less than gratifying if it's lousy resolution on our HDTV.. hence getting a Blu-Ray copy in the first place. Even DVDs up convert but non-HD streaming from Amazon Video doesn't convert itself.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 9:31:04 AM PDT
I was wondering this myself. At first I was thinking, "Well it sucks my BR won't get here until Monday but I can at least watch the movie Saturday on my TV with AIV." But now I'm worried that the instant video will be in standard format, and it makes me wonder if I should just go out and buy it from a store instead.

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 10:30:22 AM PDT
From what I read it IS the SD version. Not chancing it.. Sorry Amazon, cancelled the order so I can grab it at the local store.

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 8:33:41 AM PDT
Just for the record even though its probably to late now, the instant video you get BOTH the SD and HD editions. I'm watching it on my PS3 right now in HD :D

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 11:33:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 21, 2012 7:10:59 AM PDT
A. Semeco says:
Did you get the equivalent of an instant video purchase, or just one rental? Can you watch it again after 24 hrs?

Never mind. I got both the SD and HD versions. They both appear as purchases, not rentals.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 1:25:08 PM PDT
My Blu-Ray isn't due here for another week. Last time I order a new release from Amazon. I don't want to watch this on my computer, I wanted my HD home theater experience. Ugh.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Aug 15, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Hunger Games [2-Disc Blu-ray + Ultra-Violet Digital Copy]
The Hunger Games [2-Disc Blu-ray + Ultra-Violet Digital Copy] by Jennifer Lawrence (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (10,555)