1,288 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Not much to complain about
I got mine 2 days after my Kindle, and it's made a nice resting place for my Kindle when not in use.

Quality:
I certainly don't see any creases or obvious defects in workmanship like some other reviewers have claimed. The leathery handle material tends to pick up some finger grease occasionally, but that comes off easily with a cloth. While I can't say...
Published on November 18, 2011 by Josh

1.0 out of 5 stars Too smelly to use
I received this sleeve as a gift. It would be the ideal case for me if it didn't smell so bad. I put my fire it it overnight and now the Kindle itself smells as bad as the case. Amazon should be ashamed to sell such an item. Now I'd appreciate Amazon's suggestions on how to get rid of the smell on my $199 Fire!!!
Published on January 15, 2012 by cm10113

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit the Kindle Fire HD, December 19, 2013
There are tons of reviews for this zip sleeve. And if you're like me, the way they disagree with not going too much in the way of details makes things kind of confusing.

First off, those that are complaining about the product smelling either like to stick their noses where they don't belong (pardon the pun) or they have a far more sensitive sense of smell than most people. If you have a regular sense of smell like most people, unless you stick your nose right into this thing, you're not hardly going to smell a thing. Pretty much every product you buy new is going to smell to some degree and this one doesn't smell anymore than pretty much any other product I've bought.

Secondly, those complaining about this sleeve not providing protection against drops are right. The cushioning on it is not thick enough to provide proper cushioning to protect your Kindle against drops. You're barely going to get anymore protection than you would if you dropped the Kindle without the case other than preventing scratches. HOWEVER, that could be said of basically nearly EVERY sleeve or cover on the market. The way a product is protected by cushioning is by extending the force of the impact over a longer period of time by the product deflecting the cushioning. The thinner the cushion is, the more chance there is that the cushion will bottom out and the higher the impact force will likely be. You really need at least a half inch to inch or more of cushioning minimum to do much good. I should know because I'm a packaging engineer. And basically every sleeve or cover out there doesn't offer that. And if it did, people would be complaining about it being super bulky. So which do you want: ease of carrying around or super bulky but protective? It's either going to be one or the other.

Now to the main point I wanted to make about the sleeve. Beware of the description. Amazon really needs to reword that description. This sleeve does not fit the Kindle Fire HD. It might fit the Kindle Fire HDX if the Kindle Fire HDX is smaller than the Kindle Fire HD I have. As far as I know, there is no new Kindle Fire HD that is newer than the one I have other than the HDX. The sleeve will however fit my old Kindle Fire which is NOT an HD version of the Kindle Fire. For everyone's info, both of those screens measure 7" diagonally. The difference is that the Kindle Fire HD has a wider border around it likely due to the camera on it. So for those wondering, "How do I tell for sure if mine will fit?" Here's what I think is the best way to tell. Get a tape measure out and measure the outside diagonal dimension of the product from corner to corner. The old Kindle Fire measures 8 1/2" diagonally and it fits. The Kindle Fire HD measures 8 7/8" or slightly under 9" diagonally. It will not fit in the sleeve. So if your Kindle measures more than 8 1/2" diagonally then it likely won't fit.

I also have a similar sleeve for my Kindle PaperWhite. I liked that sleeve so much that I bought this one. The main protection that sleeves give a Kindle is protection from scratching. I've had the book style covers. The reason why I like these type of sleeves so much is because they are so easy and comfortable to carry using the handle. When you have a regular cover, carrying a Kindle is similar to carrying a book. And honestly, when you compare carrying a Kindle in book fashion vs. sleeve handle, the sleeve handle is far more ergonomically comfortable. When I carry it, I like to position the sleeve to me like it is shown in the picture with the handle facing me and the zipper to the right. I place my left hand in it with my palm facing me and it is very comfortable. Although it might be a little more comfortable for me since I'm a left handed person. For a right handed person they might want to make a design with the handle on the right and the L-shaped opening on the left unless people like to use their dominant hand to open the zipper instead of holding the sleeve.

Anyway, I think that about covers it. The sleeve I have for my PaperWhite has held up really well. The handle appears to be pleather, but I haven't had any problems with any cracks or flaking of material from the handle. That sleeve pretty much still looks like brand new and I've had it for basically a full year or since the PaperWhite first came out. So I think this one will likely hold up pretty well also.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit, May 8, 2014
My Kindle Fire HD 7in does not fit in here....Awful. Very disappointed with this product. Advise you to take your business elsewhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle doesn't fit!, January 8, 2013
This review is from: Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" Zip Sleeve, Charcoal (fits the all new Kindle Fire HD and HDX 7") (Accessory)
I ordered this for my 7" kindle that I got for Christmas, but the kindle does not fit in the sleeve. The sleeve will not zip at all with the kindle inside. I found this very ironic due to the fact that this is an amazon product (who makes the kindle)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Perfect, November 16, 2011
Jeffrey A. Higgins (Long Beach, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
I have one of these for my Kindle and love it. Got this one for my Fire and LOVE IT. Exactly what I wanted and works great to protect your Fire when you want to just throw it in a bag.

1.0 out of 5 stars To small, June 10, 2014
Case is to small. You have to really stretch the case to zip the last corner shut. Not much padding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection for the Kindle Fire., November 14, 2013
It was the perfect protection for my Kindle Fire. It's not flashy or fancy but quite functional. I would buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend this!, August 31, 2013
William D. Newberry (Santa Barbara, California USA) - See all my reviews
I got one of these (in blue) for myself when I got my Kindle Fire over a year ago. I think so highly of it that I got this one for my step-dad when he got one just recently. While I'm not a fan of the lime green lining inside the grey sleeve, color doesn't impact just how wonderful a job this product does at keeping the Kindle Fire safe and protected. I'd highly suggest this to anyone who will be taking their Kindle Fire anywhere... be it across town, or across the country.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, November 3, 2014
I ordered a zip sleeve the one I got was not and one of the hold-downs is broken.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bargain Case!!, January 11, 2014
List price is $29.99 but Amazon has had it on sale for $9.99 for multiple weeks now. I also had a $5.00 promo to use on a Kindle Accessory too for purchasing an HDX...I think that's why I got it...Lol or maybe it was just a Special Offers' Ad on my Kindle- can't remember!! But, hey! Free money, right? (and people think Special Offers are a pain...haha) Anyways, so I only ended up paying $4 something for this case! What a steal! I got the Graphite because I think the lime green on the inside is pretty cool and modern. The case itself is really nice. I almost thought about getting one of those Origami cases but I didn't need anything that fancy (or expensive) I just needed something to protect my Kindle. And now I feel a lot safer about putting my Kindle in my purse when I take it with me to work or wherever. Also, my sister has a Kindle Fire 1st Gen...or 2nd Gen...I know it's not an HD! Anyways, and she really liked my case and when she came over last night she wanted to see if her Kindle would fit and it totally does! So it's meant for the Kindle Fire HDX but IT WORKS WITH THE KINDLE FIRE TOO!!! So she bought the one in Coral last night. Anyways, the way I look at it, I already spent $200+ on this device, and as far as cases go I just needed something to protect it without spending a fortune on it. It's an Amazon certified kindle accessory at a great price. Most definitely recommend. I might buy the Charcoal too while it's still on sale! XD

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, perfect fit!, November 13, 2013
This is a great alternative storage pouch for the 7" Kindle Fire HDX if you're turned off by the outrageous price of the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX Standing Leather Origami Case. I think the quality is exceptional and I love that the fit is firm and tight, without any wiggle room. While in the pouch, feel free to be as careless as you want with your Kindle Fire because I doubt any normal drop or tumble would be able to damage the screen. It's very nice quality.

I purchased the "lime" color because it was on discount - presumably because it is the least popular. I actually love the color though. It's a little darker in person and actually very stylish. Even if all the colors were the same price, I'd probably pick Lime anyway. Highly recommended.