Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Amazon Kindle 2 (2nd Generation) Silicone (BLUE) Skin Cover Case
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 22, 2010
this case is good and i do use it from time to time when i will be reading at home for extended periods of time.

the good: easy to put on and take off - slides and stretches right around the device, snug fit with no wiggle room, feels AMAZING in your hands (soft and smooth), creates enough friction to keep the kindle from being slippery keeping it in place on your table and such.

the bad: silicon snags around the keyboard and screen and stretches out, will not fit well inside of many other standard sized kindle cases or sleeves (specifically, i tried the neoprene sleeve), and dust dust dust! this thing is a dust and fur magnet and i found myself cleaning it half the time i was trying to read.

all in all, it is a good case for casual reading, but not great for someone who has any OCD tendencies like me...
on April 5, 2010
I bought the skin cover after I realized that the silicone cover on my cell phone kept it from slipping and sliding. It fits the Kindle like a glove and I can place the kindle on my lap or knee (depending on my position while reading) and it won't slip off. It's light weight makes it easy to hold. It will slip into a padded zippered case and then into my purse without adding any extra weight of the hard cases. The first one they sent was a bright blue that made it impossible to see the menu buttons on the sides so I emailed my concerns and they sent the light blue case. So be sure to indicate your preference of a light color.
on November 7, 2011
When I purchased my Kindle, gen 2, I bought a silicon cover, frankly, because it was my least expensive option. I loved it. I loved how it added a bit of cushion to my Kindle, but didn't bulk it up so much that I couldn't slip my Kindle into my purse, which was where I carried it.

Pros: I did drop my Kindle once or twice, and it suffered no damage whatsoever. Love its price; love the various color choices; love how it hugs the Kindle just right.

Con: After a year or so of use, the cover stretched a bit due to my absent-mindedly pulling on it while I read. It wasn't stretching on its own, it was due to my sliding my fingers under it once in awhile. Once I realized that, I stopped doing that and the cover didn't change anymore at all.

Recently I gave my Kindle, g2, to my daughter and bought her the blue skin cover case so she'd have a nice new cover for it. I am upgrading to the Kindle Fire, but I haven't bought a cover for it yet -- I'm hoping that the silicon skin cover case will be created just for it. Come on, Manufacturer! Get with it!
on May 5, 2011
I really like this Kindle 2 cover! It has a nice, soft feel, and it was easy to install: just slip the Kindle into the cover and you are done! The long side strips on the front (that border the screen) tend to bow out on the cover, so the fit is not perfect, but it is great for what I was looking for! Also, the price was excellent and the shipping was very quick! There did not seem to be many Kindle 2 cover choices out there that did not use the hinge attachment (and that cracked my Kindle 2 cover - which Amazon kindly replaced), so I was excited to see this one offered on Amazon. Please be aware that this cover does not protect the screen of the Kindle, just the white plastic parts of the Kindle. The buttons work just fine through the cover.
on September 2, 2014
I must say, this case has not been my best investment. I am pleased with the color and the way the case feels, but it does not fit. It is very loose around the edges, near the buttons, at the top, and above the keyboard. Needless to say, it does NOT fit like a glove, which bothers me. It's very easy to get on and off but it is very flimsy. Also, the case collects dust, lint, and hair very easily which is not a good sign for folks with OCD, like me. If you don't mind dust and such on your case and like your case loose, then this case is for you. Otherwise, I don't recommend.
on December 31, 2010
Material is a little flimsy....it gaps open at a couple of places around the openings on front of Kindle....doesn't fit snuggly in all places.
on September 8, 2010
I highly recommend this one, it has the strip between the keys and the screen. This makes it fit better. I also used double sided tape to keep if from gaping.
on December 13, 2010
The silicone case is great. Fits my kindle like a glove. The only complain is that it attracts dust. But it does help to prevent the kindle from slipping.
on March 13, 2011
The product was as discribed: New, Excellent color blue, made my kindle stands out. Fast delivery arrived on time as seller stated.
Very nice transation, will do business again on other products seller has.
on March 17, 2010
I love this and it is great to keep a grip on my Kindle. I haven't drop my Kindle yet and was afraid it would slide off and fall. I like the color since my favorite color is blue.