Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

I prefer to read my Kindle without a cover or case, especially since it primarily resides at my bedside where I do most of my reading. However, the new Kindle 2, while sexier in appearance, is also more problematic in that the metal backing is slippery if I set it down on top of a stack of books or other surface. My Kindle has taken several nose dives off some stacks, fortunately not far and onto carpet, but my original Kindle never took a nosedive once since it was designed with a rubber back.

I went hunting for a silicone sleeve for my Kindle 2 and decided on this version hoping it would solve my problem. It's perfect. It is clear and all of the buttons are visible through it if they are covered in silicone. The keyboard and 5-way have cutouts for easier access. I chose the pink color, but this comes in several transparent colors. It's not distracting and it fits well, no gaps or other issues.

Best of all, my Kindle 2 doesn't slide off surfaces anymore. I can also lean it up against a pillow for reading and it won't budge. I'm happy even if I find all silicone sleeves--be they for the Kindle or other electronics such as iPhones--to be rather overpriced. Still, this one was priced well for the market pricing, well, it was actually less expensive than most of the others I considered.
0Comment| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2009
I ordered this cover on Saturday morning and received it on Monday. It was just as advertised. I love it!! The Kindle is very slippery and this cover makes it feel perfect in my hands. It gives me a firm grip and it looks pretty, too. Also, it was very easy to put on. If you would like to keep a firm grip on your Kindle, I would recommend this product.
on December 22, 2009
I would not recommend this product unless you're just going to be setting your Kindle permanently somewhere on your desk. It was difficult for me to put in and pull it out of my purse because the silicone would stick to the lining of my purse. All sorts of dirt particles will cling to this like a magnet. I guess one good use for it is that it cleans out my purse each time I pull it out.
44 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2010
This silicone skin appears in the on-line picture to have black lettering where the Kindle 2's buttons are. The skin that I received didn't have the lettering. Because the skin covers the buttons without lettering on the skin, you have to remember which button is where and what each button does without the luxury of having the button labeled. I don't understand why the picture shows that there is lettering when there is none. Misleading...
on February 22, 2010
I thought this would be great because it's a skin but the material it is made out of picks up every piece lint, hair & dust in my house and I do not have a dirty house. They should have put a coating on top of the plastic. I was really disappointed.
on March 13, 2010
I love the silicone material, it is durable and I have no concern that it will last... Unfortunately, the skin covers the many function buttons on the sides of the kindle (page forward, page back, home, menu, etc...) the manufacturer has attempted to put raised words in the skin that mimic these labels...but they are barely noticable if you are struggling to look for them. I have found this feature a burden! It is easy to remember which is the forward and back button, but if you want to do anything other than the most common two buttons, it is necessary to lift the skin (stretching it) to read the words beneath it! So, the skin is manufactured well and it is doing a fine job of protecting my kindle...but it has made a VERY EASY TO USE DEVICE difficult to navigate. I plan to purchase a different case/cover.
on June 9, 2014
It doesn't fit tightly around the edges of the screen. Instead, the edges pucker upwards around the edges of the screen. More than anything it's annoying. And it isn't particularly shock-proof but, as a skin, its not supposed to be. I do like that it makes the kindle "stickier" so it doesn't slide off the dash or stack of books I'm carrying. However, because of its stickiness, it doesn't slide into my purse as easily AND it picks up lint! ew. I'm still going to use it unless it drives me crazy, though. Money spent and all that...
on January 15, 2010
Love the silicone cover, but only has one big flaw. It shows that the buttons on both sides are written in black. When I received it there is no writing on the sides. You have to flip the side to look to see what you are pressing. That is the big flaw on this. Otherwise it is great. Guess I will use a permanent marker and try to put that on it.
on April 14, 2014
These are soft, smooth, easy to fit, easy to clean, Wonderful feel for your hands and the colors are AWESOME!! I have two of these now and just might get more so I can change the colors to what I want for each day. These are inexpensive enough to have one or two of each color! An awesome product for sure!
on May 30, 2010
Wonderful and cheap. After having my first Kindle cracked due to bending of the hooks that held it onto the expensive cover (Thanks Amazon for replacing it!), I wanted another way to keep my wonderful device safe. This little guy fits over it easily and keeps it from slipping when I read. I do put my Kindle into another, big bulky cover when I take it in my purse, but for around the house use, the silicone cover is just what I need.