- Buy a Kindle Accessory, get $1 in Digital Music credit. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Amazon Kindle Leather Cover, Black (does not fit K...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 49% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Amazon Kindle Leather Cover, Black (does not fit Kindle Paperwhite, Touch, or Keyboard)
|Price:||$23.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$16.00 (40%)|
- Sleek, lightweight design protects Kindle without adding bulk
- Premium leather exterior looks and feels great
- Cover folds back for easy one-handed reading
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Amazon's Kindle Leather Cover
Protect Your Kindle
Our sleek, form-fitted leather exterior looks and feels great, while the soft microfiber interior protects your device from scuffs and scratches. The cover is designed to fold back, so you can read comfortably with just one hand.
Secure Your Kindle
Our innovative cover was designed to specifically fit your Kindle and secures your device without any hinges or straps. Simply place your Kindle into the form-fitted interior of the cover and then gently press the device into place.
On the Go
Thin, lightweight, and durable, this cover is perfect for taking Kindle wherever you go. The stylish, genuine leather exterior and form-fitted interior provide ultimate fit and protection without adding bulk.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This is Amazon's best designed cover to date. The kindle easily and securely snaps in place - there are no hinges or annoying elastic corner bands and all buttons and the power port are fully accessible. In addition, they removed all types of straps and cords. These were a problem on previous models for a number of reasons: they broke or snapped after regular use, they made the cover uncomfortable to hold, they added extra weight/bulk, and they were very unattractive. The front cover is weighted to stay closed when the kindle lies flat (it won't pop up). To be clear, there is no strap, clasp or magnet to secure it in place (just like the front flap of a hardcover book). Kindle users like myself were looking for two things: sleekness/thin fit and a case that was aesthetically pleasing that didn't scream "kindle nerd," and they delivered. This case is slim, tight, and ultra sleek. After all, the main attribute of this new kindle is its small size and weight. No one wants a cover that will negate that.
The cover is made of good quality leather and has a nice feel. The inside of the front cover (the part that touches the screen when closed) is a microfiber material designed to protect the screen and avoid scratches. The section that holds the kindle in place around the perimeter is hard rubber and grips it very well. This is not "cheap" or poorly made at all. I feel like I got my money's worth. Read more ›
But I do wish it had some sort of closure. I sewed some 1/8" elastic that I will use when I need it to positively stay shut. One star off for no closure (I'd remove only half a star if that were an option).
Now we come to the colors... Was some designer in the middle of a depression when the colors were chosen? Color taste is subjective, I know, but black, dead maroon, or jarring yellowish olive green? Not a cheerful tone in the bunch! How about a deep royal blue, forest green, or teal? Or even a rosy red? C'mon, Amazon!
I've ordered the 'lighted' version for myself but my wife wanted this model and she's happy with it. Both my wife and I are happy with our purchases. The two are identical, except for this version (hers) lacking the lamp.
Now, for features and my evaluation:
- Good (not cheap) looking leather. You won't be ashamed to carry it around.
- Quite durable. I've been carrying my Kindle 3 with a similar cover for more than a year now and it looks as good as new.
- Kindle is well protected, especially when the cover is closed.
- Allows access to the USB port at the bottom even when closed. You can charge the Kindle without having to open the cover.
- Costs less.
This is what you get in addition to the above if you order the 'lighted' model:
- 2 gold-plated attachments power the lamp off the Kindle's battery. Never need to worry about charging the lamp. Only the Kindle. Based on my experience, the power drain is negligible.
- Lamp and its arm cradle inside the cover and is invisible when not in use. To use it, you simply pull it out and light turns itself own. The Lighted model does appear to be just a little heavier.
- White, Three-LED light, of course.
I am pleased with my cover and my wife loves hers. The five stars are well deserved if you don't mind the price.