Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Amazon Kindle Touch Leather Cover, Saddle Tan (does not fit Kindle Paperwhite)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 9, 2011
Quite simply, this cover is designed to have the least possible impact on the size and form of the Kindle Touch. It has taken all its design inspiration from the cover of a book. It protects to the extent that a book needs to be protected and then gets out of your way so you can read. It accents and respects the rounded corners of the Kindle and has a smooth seamless feel. If you are looking for a strap to hold it closed like your childhood diary had sorry, you'll have to wait for the aftermarket covers. Those covers will also offer those nice bungee cords in the corners holding your Kindle in and will add a pocket or two for your stuff. If you are looking for a fine tooled leather product, you should wait for the Coach version. This is a consumer product that will be replaced in a few years by a newer and better Kindle. I flip it open ten times a day and marvel at its simplicity every time.
on December 10, 2011
Since the release of the new Kindles, I have noticed one great irony: for a device built for reading, so many irate people seem to be unable to read very well.

While perusing reviews for the base model Kindle, and the Kindle Touch (I own and love both - the Touch is my main, everyday Kindle), I've read so many frustrated, very obviously confused reviewers who don't seem to understand what they themselves ordered: "OMG, why is it so SLOW, and why does the screen turn black every few pages? My Android phone doesn't do that!"

I scratch my head, because, yes, these things may be true - I don't consider the Kindle slow -, however, the wonderful advantages afforded by E-Ink are made possible by these characteristics. If you do the slightest bit of *reading*, this won't be shocking.

And so it is with this case, I think. Many reviewers are upset there is no magnet, or band to close the case - which were not promised in the ad copy. In truth, I think it is a fantastic case, sleek and light - it does nothing to mar the clean lines of the new Kindle. It even looks like it is part of the Kindle itself, adding no bulk, no unsightly corner straps.

It all depends on what you want or need - there are sturdier cases out there, but, to my eye, they ruin the Kindle's great design. I love this case, but that doesn't mean you will. Decide what you want in a case and then do some research.
on November 29, 2011
This is a basically good design that's marred by some serious flaws. First: for the (steep) price, I expected some kind of closure. Nope. No Velcro, magnets... not even a ten-cent elastic strap! The cover just flaps around... it won't stay closed, and won't stay open when I'm reading. Aside from that, it needs a more "grippable" texture--it feels slippery, and I'm always afraid of dropping it.

On the bright side, it's a slim hardshell cover that provides excellent protection without bulking up the Kindle. But I can't recommend it until Amazon fixes the problems just mentioned.
on November 23, 2011
In putting out new Kindles at very favorable price points, amazon has definitely decided to skimp on the quality of its new covers. The Touch snaps into this cover well--almost too well, since it is very difficult to pry it out again. The front cover is very flimsy and has nothing to keep it closed. When you hold The Touch to read, the front cover cuts uncomfortably into your hand because it is so thin and stiff edged. It is also hard to hold because it is too smooth and slick a surface. The whole thing feels cheap. Personally, I loved amazon's pebbly leather cover with built in light of the Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard). It felt good to the touch, was functional, and closed securely with the elastic band. Amazon missed an opportunity with this cover. I've returned it to amazon and will be looking for something else.
on February 8, 2012
Not one to give elaborate reviews. I have owned a couple of these Kindles now and so have an opinion. This cover is not as complete or unique of a cover as the older one for the keyed Kindle. Frankly, the elastic band that the previous model used was pretty cool. These kindles are small enough to stick into a ladies purse or a mens' computer bag. Items still get bounced around pretty badly and needs protection.The elastic holds it together and ..yeah, you get it. Also, it was retro like the finish of the leather and reminded me of those moleskin notebooks and the notebooks from the 40's.

All of that aside, this is a pretty attractive screen cover, and gives the reader more to grab onto than just the Kindle. It's easy to put on (just snaps on) but the bounce protection isn't as good as one that has leather on the back as well as the front. Did I not say that the leather is missing from the back?

The cover folds back unlike the cover on the elastic band model for keyed kindles. It's like getting a neat book with no back cover, and a cool purse with no snap or latch.

If you get the Kindle, for sure buy one of these covers, just be aware of what you're buying. I'd like to go on record as saying that the next model really doesn't NEED to be so thin, and that I'd like to see the band as an option.
on January 13, 2012
A brief look at my personal Kindle setup with several accessories including the featured cover. I considered getting the built-in light version, but I'm glad I didn't. Not only does it add bulk to the top margin of the cover, it's also fixed permanently in one position. The unlighted cover is best if you want minimal but attractive protection for your device, along with a high degree of adjustability in lighting. Note you can also get a feel for this cover at common department stores that carry Kindles; I've seen it at Best Buy and Target. (Of course, then come back and order it from Amazon - the price is better!)
on January 1, 2012
I am not really sure why there are so many negative reviews for this cover. Let me preface this by saying, I have never owned a kindle and therefor never had a cover for one. Overall I give this product 5 out of 5 stars.

I purchased a Kindle Touch a few weeks back. It is the first Kindle I have ever owned (and it is awesome, but that is another review). As soon as I received the Kindle I knew I wanted a cover to protect my new investment. I started doing extensive research into all the different covers out there (as I do with almost every purchase), and reading as many reviews as possible. One of the things I liked most about the Kindle Touch was how slim and light it was. I wanted a cover that would not add any unnessecary weight or bulk to it. My Kindle is going to be staying home 99% of the time, so I didn't need any major padding or closure assembly on my cover.

I ended up going up to BB and Target and picking up a few different covers and slip cases. In the end I ended up with the Kindle Touch Leather Cover. It is exactly what I was looking for. The rest of the covers (m-edge, Acase, ect...), just seemed too heavy or bulky or awkward to hold when reading.

The Kindle Touch Leather Cover was exactly what I was looking for. It is light and streamlined. The Kindle fits in very snug and I have no worries of it ever popping out. The cover protects about 90% of edges on the Kindle, except the bottom section where the on-off switch/charging and speaker port are. It seems like a hard rubber with the back being lined with leather. The front flap/cover is on the thin side. That is what I like though. The flap/cover front has a nice smooth, clean leather with solid looking stitching. While the inside seems like some kind of felt materiel with a nice looking "Kindle" name etched into it. When reading, I can flip back the flap/cover behind and hold the Kindle with one hand without feeling like there is a cover on. The craftsmanship seems pretty top notch to me also. The overall look of the case is very sharp. The flap/cover lays flat when closed and the makes the Kindle look very tidy and neat. There is not a lot of bells or whistles with this cover, and again this is what I like. I did not want any cover that took away from the overall lightness and sleakness of the actual Kindle Touch. I think Amazon made a great cover that perfectly complements the product it is made to protect.

Overall, if you are looking for good quality, light, thin cover to protect your Kindle Touch then this is the way to go. If you are looking for a cover that you can commute with and toss in and out of a back pack, purse, ect..., then this is probably not your best choice. Then again, you are probably looking for something much thicker with more padding, and there are plenty of covers like that out there. I have also noticed a lot of people complaining about price. Most other quality covers out there seem to be in the $30-$35 range anyways. So I don't see spending $40 as that much of an atrocity.
on November 24, 2011
I bought this because I wanted to buy an OFFICIAL kindle cover from amazon. I read lots of negative comments on this on the customer review, so I was quite worried about the quality of this product when I was waiting for this to be shipped to my house. However, it turned out that this is super light and perfectly fits my kindle touch!

Now I like my kindle touch more thanks to this cover!
on December 1, 2011
This snaps around the kindle touch and really makes it look slick and professional (I got it in black -- but other colors are available). It also improves handleability, and protects the power button a bit from accidental turn-offs. Makes it easier to hold for reading in either your left or right hands. I would have given this 5 stars save -- as others have mentioned -- at $40 the price is pretty steep!
on November 23, 2011
I'm somewhat disappointed with this Kindle Touch cover.

I was expecting to receive something like the Kindle Keyboard Leather Cover from Amazon, something that had a nice texture, felt as though it was pleasant to hold, and looked smart and classy.

Unfortunately, the Kindle Touch Leather Cover isn't like that at all. While it is nominally leather, it makes the Kindle Touch very slippery to hold. Since installing my Kindle Touch into this cover, I've dropped it twice; both times it seemed to literally slip from my fingers. I used the phrase "nominally leather" because it feels as though a very thin (VERY thin) layer of leather has been applied to a plastic casing. The leather is smooth and it is attractive, but darn, it's slippery.

There are a few things that I do like about the cover. It is plain and attractive in its plainness. It does have an embossed "kindle" on the cover and the inside of the cover and I like that as well. Additionally, the front of the cover is very easy to fold back behind the Kindle, putting it cleanly out of the way while you're reading, while not feeling like you're going to "break" the cover.

It's not bad cover, but as it is supposed to protect the Kindle Touch, it shouldn't add a measure of slipperiness to the item it is supposed to protect.