Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on February 28, 2013
Works well with all Kindle models, either as a computer cord or charging cord. My original Kindle came with a charger and cord. The new editions don't. They come with a cord like this - but my mom's got thrown away with the box. This is a perfect replacement.
11 comment|119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2012
Surpassed my expectations it charges faster than the one that comes with kindle fire when new. So I would purchase another if I ever need a new one.
11 comment|264 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 17, 2012
Amazon already includes this cable with the Kindle Fire 7", the Kindle Fire HD 7" and the Kindle Fire HD 8.9". It's also great to purchase as a back up for the office or to take with you on the go. For the peace of mind knowing Amazon designed this to work specifically with Kindle Fire, it's worth the price.

The quality of this cable compared to the previous white USB cable is much better. This cable has a thicker jacket on the outside so hopefully overtime it will hold up much better. Data transfer speeds between the computer and the device are relatively quick. This cable is actually a bit shorter than the white cable even though both are supposed to be 5 ft. in length. Measuring both cables, the black cable is approx 5 ft. and the white cable is approx 5 ft. 9in. Overall, even though it is shorter, this cable is starting off to be a much better improvement than the previous white version of this cable.
review image
1818 comments|585 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2012
I bought this for myself because i play my kindle long periods of time and now i can play while it is charging wouldn't be without it i can sit on my favorite chair and cord still reaches as it did not before.
0Comment|143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon September 26, 2012
Having recently received a Kindle Fire HD as a gift, I knew that hooking it up to my computer to charge it daily was not going to be convenient. That's when I found this little jewel along with the Kindle Fire AC charger. And they both work like a DREAM!. My desk stays uncluttered and the cord allows me to keep the Kindle plugged in while I read in bed or listen to music. It's well worth the price for the convenience it provides!
11 comment|345 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2013
This cord works great! I also love that it is longer than the original cord. The USB is a good thing to have because you could take it with you and plug it into any USB port.
on February 2, 2013
Corrected the problem with the kindle not charging for now. Hope this is all that I'll need for the kindle. Thanks!
on February 11, 2013
I have only used it one time to download an e-book. It works exactly as it was supposed to work. Just wish it came with the kindle rather than having to purchase seperately.
44 comments|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2013
My problem was that I couldn't get my Kindle Fire to charge. I bought both the powerfast adapter and the USB cable. I still have difficulty getting it to charge. I have to wiggle it and just about stand on my head to get it to charge. I can't just plug it in and go. I usually have to put something under the cable to keep it up in order for it to charge. I really would like more feedback on this. What else can Amazon do for me to rectify this situation? This is the second set of cables and adapter I have bought and I only have had my kindle for less than two years.
on January 4, 2013
My husband purchased this seperately for my Kindle for Christmas and it was already included in the package. Before purchasing, be sure that it will not already be in your box when it arrives because you probably won't need 2. :-) It was included in the 8.9 inch Kindle Fire. :-)