1,460 Reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality but Lacking Important Features
Published on October 4, 2012 by Stephenie

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality but Lacking Important Features, October 4, 2012
Stephenie "epiphenie" (Lexington, KY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Fuchsia (does not fit Kindle or Kindle Touch) (Accessory)
To begin this review I should mention that I am a heavy Kindle user and previously owned the Keyboard Kindle. On this older Kindle I had a great cover. It had a magnetic tab closure to hold the cover closed. when you flipped the cover completely open, that same tab could flip around and hold the cover open. You could then slide your hand into the inside pocket to hold the Kindle with one hand. Either Hand. And you could easily use the hand holding the device to change pages with ease.

This Paperwhite cover is beautiful. It feels like heavyweight cardboard with a plastic back case. The Kindle fits very well. And there is a fun feature that wakes your Kindle when you open the case. Fun, but far less necessary than the missing features. The case snaps closed, but won't remain open. There is no pocket or loop on the inside of the case to slip your hand into. Ultimately, there is no comfortable way to hold the Kindle in this case in one hand and turn the pages.

I'm very disappointed, especially since I pre-ordered this case and paid full retail price for it. Without these features the only advantage that this case provides is to protect the Kindle when it's in my handbag, and I can get a $15 case later to accomplish that.

I'm a huge fan of Amazon and have been a Prime member for years. I have purchased 4 Kindles to date. But this Amazon product disappoints me. The designers added a cool new feature but neglected the basics. I will be returning it.

3.0 out of 5 stars it sings like a bird..., January 9, 2014
I take care of my things because I don't have alot of money to replace something if it gets ruined. Years ago I was given a kindle keyboard along with the $40+ Amazon lighted cover. I took care of both, so that when I was given the kindle paperwhite, I was able to give both the kindle keyboard and the lighted cover to my brother-in-law in practically-new condition.

Although I had to save for it, I bought the Amazon paperwhite cover at $40+ because I believed it to be a smart investment. I didn't want to risk any damage to an unprotected device because I bought some cheap cover that fell apart two days later. I also believed the kindlewhite cover to be the equivalent of my old cover in quality, since it is its equal in price and is made by the same manufacturer. So despite the bad reviews, I had very little anxiety over the purchase of the kindle paperwhite cover. After all, there are almost always bad reviews about even the best of products, with reasons ranging from random defective items to the buyer's failure to read all pertinent product information prior to puchase, and also, of course, to the fact that some people just have to complain about something. But while it is true that you just can't please some people, I do not believe that to be the situation here.

This cover really *isn't* leather, but is a type of vinyl, and the front-piece of the cover really *is* incredibly flimsy. I put my kindle (in its cover) in my purse, safe inside a compartment all by itself and went to town on 3 errands lasting perhaps 20 minutes. When I returned home and took my kindle out of my purse, I found that a flap of the vinyl from the front-piece of the cover had detached and was hanging open.

For years, I carried my kindle keyboard (in its cover) in my purse, yet even now that lighted cover still looks and works as if it were brand-spanking-new; in the words of Randy Quaid (bless his poor little heart): "It's a quality item." But after spending 20 minutes in a separate, safely-cushioned compartment of my purse where nothing else touched it, this paperwhite cover has a shredded flap of vinyl hanging open? This cover sings like a bird because it's cheap, cheap, cheap.

I sort-of solved the problem by utilizing super-glue and a pair of ultra-fine-pointed eyebrow tweezers to successfully reattach the flap; now no one would ever know it was ripped. But the fact remains that the cover is cheaply made. That problem cannot be solved by glue & tweezers.

4.0 out of 5 stars 5 star product! minus a star for the price, October 6, 2012
Beverly (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews
I looked at many covers for the paperwhite and decided to go with the original. I am very happy with my decision. The PW sits inside of the cover with rubber edges to keep it in place. It's pretty snug so the PW won't have a chance to fall out. Without using elastic bands on each corner to hold the device (seen in other covers), the PW looks sleek and clean. The cover adds a little weight but it's keeping my PW well protected. The magnet function makes it so convenient. I love not having to push the button every time I use the device to wake it up or put it to sleep. Just open the cover and it's ready to go! The fuchsia color is accurate and adds a little personality to my PW. Took off a star for the price..but overall, it's a 5 star product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the cover, November 4, 2012
I Luv my Kindle (Riceboro, Georgia United States) - See all my reviews
I love this cover for my Kindle Paperwhite. I read in bed before going to sleep and it is so nice to be able to just close it like a book and go to sleep. It is soft, folds all the way back, is not too heavy, works great and as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, November 21, 2012
Sulien "sanders127" (Clovis, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This case does exactly as described. It fits snug so you dont have to worry about the kindle falling out, and the case is made of durable material. I was a little hesitant at spending so much for a case when there are others out there for less, but this one was totally worth it. It also keeps the kindle safe without the bulk. Totally recommend this product!

2.0 out of 5 stars Works fine but very uncomfortable to hold, October 4, 2012
I owned a Kindle fitted cover for the Kindle Touch, and it had a similar design to this cover. It was very comfortable to hold, so I was glad to order one for my Kindle Paperwhite. Unfortunately, the product has change and how has sharp edges, a metallic clasp right where it is held by the right hand, and a rougher interior fabric. As much as I like the basic design, I've returned mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, December 25, 2012
It works perfectly with my kindle paperwhite! Love it!
It sleeps when I close it, which is reallly good and the color is amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case for Paperwhite, October 30, 2012
I own a lot of electronics which all have cases and this is by far the best case I've owned. It holds my Kindle in place while adding protection and style. This case is high quality leather with features that will surely over-exceed any expectations you've had for a case. The case wakes up your Kindle and puts it to sleep by simply opening and closing the cover. This is as close to a paper book experience as you can get with an eReader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Paperwhite, October 7, 2012
Anne M. Dixon (Astoria, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I love this cover perfect for the Paperwhite . I love that if I cannot sleep and want to read all I need to do is open the cover. I do not need to fumble around to try and turn on the Paperwhite . I do not want any other cover for the Paperwhite but this one. I plan on ordering another cover soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It., October 27, 2012
Love my new Kindle Paperwhite and love the way the new leather cover fits my Kindle. Just like reading a book.