Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 23 questions
votes
No, you don't need anything else - this is adaptor with power converter build in - plug is European type except UK. If you are not planning to go to UK this is enough. In case if you will be in UK you have to buy just adaptor. If you are going to Europe and will carry more equipment as laptop, iPad or mobile phone then I would suggest to you just buy on the plane universal multiadaptor - you can use all your devices' chargers everywhere around the world (of course you have to check if your chargers are suitable for 230-240 VAC but from my experience, Kindle, iPhone, iPad, laptops and mobile phone charges are typicaly for 100-240VAC 50/60Hz - take a look at adaptor aand you will find this information). Delta, KLM, Air france or BA for sure have multiadaptors in plane onboard shop if not you can find them also at the airports in many shops with electronics. Avarage price is around 20-30 USD but then you won't have any more doubts wherever you will go.
Jan 24, 2013 by Peter1971
votes
Can anyone tell me which would be neede in Ireland?
Nov 29, 2011 by tripgram
votes
Were you able to charge it from the wall in Israel? It looks to me that the only thing to do is find a plug with the prongs like they plug in Israel (cheap and easy to find there in any hardware store), and the AC adaptor that comes with the Kindle should do the trick. It is a 100-240 , 50/60 cycles adaptor, afterall. If somebody has an answer, please write.
Nov 27, 2011 by A. S. Levine
votes
Yes, it works for Paperwhite, and also for some of the older generation Kindles, too.
Nov 5, 2013 by Il'ja Rákoš
votes
Yes, the Amazon power adaptor is good for Paperwhite as well as other Kindles however it is expensive (20 dollars). Any USB power supply 5V will do including if you already have a Kindle power supply. Paperwhite is truly 5 star.
Apr 10, 2013 by Rover
votes
votes
My understanding it is for use in Countries outside of the US.
Feb 1, 2013 by Joanie
votes
will this work in UK? Jun 29, 2013
I'm sorry, but the EU adapter will not work in the UK as they have a different socket than the mainland.
Jun 29, 2013 by M. E. Streuper
votes
The EU adaptor probably won't fit the Japanese/Chinese wall sockets. What you would need is the International Wall Home AC Charger for Amazon Kindle / DX / ... by Gomadic or the Kindle PowerFast International Charging Kit by Amazon. Those include the Japanese/Chinese type plugs.
Feb 22, 2013 by Edward I. Simons
votes
Yes.
Jun 3, 2014 by Konstantinos Egkarchos
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers