Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 31, 2009
I bought this splendid sleeve as primary protection for the K2 I bought my fiancee this Christmas, and I couldn't be happier.
First, I fully approve of the construction of the just right thickness of silicone, a material that experience has shown is a wise choice, having had the excellent Speck brand iPod case constructed of the same material for the last four years.
The nice thing about silicone is that it does not break down the way natural rubber will from oxidation, very heat resistant, and does not easily stretch out of shape.
I bought this to prevent minor scratches and dents, with this excellent zippered neoprene case Belkin Neoprene Kindle Case (Fits 6" Display, Latest Generation Kindle) as the traveling and storage protection.
A bonus with this sleeve is that it makes the Kindle far easier to maintain a grip on, plus it prevents it from skidding off a table, and it could even be used on a somewhat inclined surface to allow hands free reading.
The case has two small cutouts on the back for the speakers, one small cutout for the five position directional controller, another larger cutout for the keyboard, and one large cutout for the screen.
This is exactly what I wanted, and I am glad that it does not cover the keyboard, which would have impeded key entries, plus the screen not being covered allows unfettered reading.
I am also extremely pleased that my fiancee's Kindle fits perfectly inside the case linked above, even with this sleeve attached.
Excellent product, and I will definitely buy another of these should I buy another Kindle, or advise anyone I know to buy one if he is considering purchasing one.
I can't think of even one complaint.
Outstanding product!
66 comments| 265 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2010
I ordered the clear silicone cover on Jan. 6 for my new Kindle2 and received it January 8 -- very fast shipping! It's exactly what I wanted at a terrific price. It fits my Kindle2 perfectly, protects it from scratches and such, and makes it less slippery in my hand. It's a one-piece cover and slips onto the Kindle quite easily. It has cutouts for the keyboard, joystick, outlet to plug in charger, on/off switch and headset plug. The most-used buttons - next page, prev. page, home, menu and back - are covered by the silicone, which will keep them clean and from showing wear.

I highly recommend this cover for your Kindle2 and I also recommend this vendor, ishoppingdeals. A+ all around!
I like it so much, I just bought a second one as a spare!
22 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2010
I paid around 12 dollars including shipping...but let me tell you...some days ago, I dropped my Kindle 2 to the hard rock solid floor of my office...and, not a single dent or scratch on my 259 dollars device!. I highly reccomend it. Simple and functional. If you have a kindle 2, this is a must buy (unless you are not a scratch-free maniac like me!)

on February 5, 2010
There are so many clear silicone covers on here - sold by and shipped by different places - with different reviews, but all with the same product name and the same picture. I decided that to make sure that I put my review in the right place, I would go to my actual order and click on the product to get there. That brought me here -Ships from and sold by iShoppingdeals -but my order actually came from CrazyOnDigital. At least maybe that explains one thing - how I ordered from CrazyOnDigital without realizing it.

I ordered a clear cover based on 14 good reviews. Surprisingly, my cover does not look exactly like the picture, and no one mentions the problems I have with it. There is no silicone between the screen and the keyboard on mine, and it is very loose and gaps open on both sides of the front. There is another product for sale called a rubber silicone skin that seems to be more like what I received, and the fit problem IS mentioned by some of those reviewers.

So, I am not happy with my cover, but I'm not sure where to post this. I don't want to run down the wrong product. This is the cover that I ordered, but I'm not sure it's what I got. Does everyone else's look like the picture here?
Are there two cutouts on the front, or one big one?

Also, it took 7 days to get here. Not as fast as I expected based on other reviews.
33 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2010
I also received this product within a few days of my ordering. It was easy to place on my Kindle, slips right on. I also dropped my Kindle a few times since, being the klutz that I am and it easily took the impact.
So why only 4 stars??
Well, I also have a Timbuk2 camouflage case for my Kindle, and when the Silicone skin is on, I have to struggle a bit to get the Kindle into the case. I also own a cat and dog- both who shed; and it seems as though the hair and fuzz sticks to the silicone a bit. I have to constantly wipe it for that reason. If I had no pets, and a different case for my Kindle I would give the product a 5 star review for sure!
on February 4, 2010
I just got the cover yesterday, and I'm hooked. I damaged my first Kindle when it slid out of the case, slid across my kitchen island and fell onto the tile floor. That will never happen again thanks to this cover. It also makes the Kindle easier and more comfortable to hold, and as an added bonus my Kandle attaches more securely.

I considered black, but I'm glad I went with clear because I can still read the writing through it. You have to look closely to see that the cover is there at all.

Great item at a great price.
on February 8, 2010
Just something simple to protect my kindle from getting too banged up. I had to puncture the sides of the silicone to accomidate the fit for the leather cover that I also purchased, otherwise this review would have been 5 stars. The fit is great and it prevents the kindle from slipping...just in case the leather cover is not for you. Everything is covered except the key pad, screen and rear speakers. Very simple.
on January 23, 2010
This silicone skin installs quickly and easily, and does work as described. However, the picture on the page showing this skin with the Amazon cover is misleading. This will not wok with the cover. There are no cut-outs for the locking hinge mechanism. Cutting holes in it and trying to get it to fit that way does not work either. Oh well, I guess that was a waste of $10....
So, 5 years and many models later I decided to buy a Kindle 2, and with it this silicon case. It's alright. It was dusty -- and the dust doesn't come off easily -- and a bit loose on some edges, but maybe it's just because it's been sitting in a warehouse for half a decade. And it cost me less than a burrito. So I'm satisfied.
on May 30, 2011
The Amazon Kindle 2 Silicone Skin Case Gel Cover in Clear is a very protective item for my Kindle. I have a case to keep my Kindle in, but there is always the chance of dropping it by accident or bumping the corners. Happily, my Kindle is multi-layered now. Under the Silicone Case Gel Cover is one of the beautiful skins, and the clear cover allows that to show through on the back and the sides where it covers it. The gel cover is very hardy and I feel that if I did drop my Kindle, it wouldn't suffer more than a bounce because the gel cover is thicker at the corners and has two strips down the back that are thicker, also. I've had so many people ask me, "Is that a Kindle?" and then say, "That's beautiful!" because of the skin, so I'm happy that I purchased the clear cover so that the prettiness still shows. I'm very happy with this!