Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Amazon Kindle Zip Sleeve, Graphite (fits Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle, and Kindle Touch)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Periphery Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 30, 2011
Excellent case, fits the Kindle very nicely. Snug, but not too snug to make it tough to fit the Kindle into. Case itself is VERY light and thin, picking it up with the Kindle in it, you almost feel like there can't be anything in there, since the Kindle is so light too.

Feels like there might be a touch of extra space on the side in order to accommodate the Kindle Touch, which is slightly larger than the new Kindle. Nevertheless it feels like the case was designed just for the new Kindle without touch, it fits very well.

The inside material is soft and a bit spongy, and feels like it will offer good protection for the Kindle. I feel comfortable tossing this in a bag or backpack without worrying about damaging the Kindle.

Zipper goes around 2 sides only, and works very smoothly. Great case!
1111 comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2011
There's nothing terribly fancy going on here, but that's what I like about this sleeve for the latest Kindle. It's nice-looking (some might even say handsome), but more importantly, it seems designed to mirror the no-frills Kindle it's protecting: it's slender, impossibly light, comfortable, and free of unnecessary bells and whistles.

Did I mention how light it is--even with the Kindle inside? Last night, I went to grab my Kindle Keyboard, housed inside its lighted cover, and I almost had to laugh at how heavy that one suddenly felt. No offense, of course, to Kindle Keyboard owners. ;)

I decided on the graphite-colored sleeve since it seems sort of masculine and rugged on the outside but has a nice, uplifting splash of color on the inside. (Surprise!) The spongy, tactile material within seems more than capable of protecting my Kindle from most abrasions and minor day-to-day jostling, which seems to happen to me a lot.

One quick caveat: The zipper slides along only two sides (a nice touch), but alas, it doesn't quite reach its destination. There's a small gap between where the zipper stops and the actual corner of the sleeve. I don't see this as a problem, but if you anticipate navigating, say, frequent torrential downpours with this thing swinging from your grip, maybe this sleeve isn't for you.

Finally, kudos to Amazon for allowing this sleeve to pull double-duty for both the Kindle and the Kindle Touch. (I'm a bit Kindle-obsessed lately, and am hoping to try them both out. Sorry, wallet.)
on November 3, 2011
I've read a lot of the other reviews for this item and I'm not sure why people don't love this case as much as I do. Maybe it's because this is exactly the kind of case I was looking for and others are looking for more of the book style case? All I needed was something to protect my Kindle when I throw it in my backpack and this does quite well. I'd personally recommend it to anyone that is just looking for protection while transporting their Kindle in another bag/backpack/large purse!
on November 15, 2011
After looking and looking for something to store my Kindle in while I'm not reading, I decided to buy this case. To me, this case is all that is needed. The Kindle fits perfectly inside and the zipper never touches any part of it. The material the case is made out of seems to be very good quality and feels great to the touch. The zipper works great. No hesitation or hang-ups when zipping or unzipping. If you are looking for a good storage case while not using your Kindle then this is what you should buy.
on March 20, 2012
This case fits the new Kindle and Kindle Touch about as well as you can get a sleeve of this type to fit. There are several color choices. The zipper works smoothly and has given me no trouble. However, there is one problem. The adhesives used to assemble these things (as well as guitar cases and other products coming out of China these days) produce some seriously noxious fumes and aromas. Stick your nose in this thing and grab a good whiff, and you may find yourself out cold and flat on your back. The smell is unpleasant, chemical and probably toxic as hell, so I wouldn't let the baby play with one of these. It can take several months for the smell to dissipate. Spraying FaBreeze into it doesn't help. I had to prop it open and let it air out for a few weeks before it came down to a level I can tolerate. The sleeve is a fine product, aside from this caveat, so I'm only going to knock off one star. This probably won't be a deal breaker for most folks. But if you're very sensitive to chemical fumes, as my wife is (she had nasty reaction to the thing), you might want to look elsewhere. Keep in mind that a lot of this type of product has the same problem.
on October 5, 2012
Without the need for a specific lighted case for the Paperwhite, I didn't see a need for a form fitted case that stays on the Kindle. In fact, I wanted to get away from the added weight of a case during reading.

This case give me just that. It's small, protects the Kindle from most types of common damage (scuffs, scratches, etc), and when reading I don't have to hold it up :)

However, it does NOT have a hard cover to protect the screen from cracks while in a bag for example, so if you are rough to your devices, get a different case.
on November 5, 2012
Next to its excellent screen, the Paperwhite's form factor - the feather-light weight and the thin-rubberized body, is its major draw. Any add-ons change the nature of the device itself in a noticeable way - which is why I advise against always on covers for the Paperwhite (or any tablet device for that matter). The Kindle Sleeve is what you want for travel and storage. It fits the paperwhite perfectly. Once on - the case is well padded, but still very slender, so the overall experience of a small lightweight device is preserved. As some others have noted, the advantage of the zipper is that you can keep the bottom open so that you can charge the device while it is in the case. The materials on the case look very nice, a high end feel to it all. Also, I'm a bit surprised to say that I like the case handle more than I thought I would, it adds a little better hold on a package that is on the thin side.

Highly recommended.
on December 31, 2011
Comparing the actual sleeve to how it looks on my screen, the actual is a slightly lighter gray, with a black hand strap. If you want a very dark sleeve, I suppose charcoal would be the way to go--but then you'll get the light brown strap. I wanted a "professional" (i.e., mostly gray / black) look, so the brown strap seemed inappropriate. Good materials, precise stitching, zips perfectly around new kindle. Protection is adequate for book bag. Like the green interior.
on October 17, 2012
For people like myself who prefer holding the kindle bare without any cover, this is probably one of the nicer looking covers around. It has a nice neon green hue in the inside and has a spongy crater like interior which would probably protect the kindle for the occasional drops.

Looks well made, but perhaps a possible enhancement to this cover could involve including bands at the corners and a zipper that goes all around 3 sides so that the cover can act as both a sleeve and a cover type protection for the kindle should the situation call for it.
on December 7, 2011
because, though I have liked other covers for previous kindles, this was the cheapest for the Touch. Although it does what it is supposed to, it does seem that it could have more padding, since I do drop things quite easily in my post-stroke condition. Also, it seemed quite high in price for the simple construction that it is. I do very much appreciate the chance to say what I think, and have it published here, and have benefited from the candid opinions of others. That is one of the good things about Amazon--that they are willing to publish all sides!