4.0 out of 5 stars Version 3 amazing this is what the kindle should have been on launch
The version 3 is amazing . This is what Kindle should have been on the launch. NO complaints whatsoever.
Also I highly recommend to get the Kindle cover with LED Light from Amazon. It is simple indispensible. With the cover I was so immersed that unconsciously I tried to change the pages by hand like book one or two times.

Dont but the power supply though...
Published on September 13, 2010 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Do you need it?
I got suckered in to this by the "get it with your Kindle" special offer. It's just a standard charger, so we now have several of them lying unused in a drawer. Check if you have a suitable charger already, if not it's perfectly fine for what it is.
Published on August 29, 2010 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle UK Charger, May 17, 2011
This review is from: Amazon Kindle UK (Type G, United Kingdom) Power Adapter [Fits Kindle and Kindle DX] (Electronics)
Ideal if you are going to be away from a computer for a while such as on holiday, in hospital, or otherwise unable to connect to a computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Common sense review, May 7, 2011
Nora Mary (Blacksburg, Virginia, US) - See all my reviews
The purchase of UK Kindle power adapter made a simple difference to my use of my computer and how I charged my Kindle. Invariably I found I was using all points on my computer just when my Kindle needed to be chaged. The simple purcase of the adapter allowed me to charge the Kindle from an electrical point without disturbing whatever it was I was doing on computer. Simple, efficient and no problems whatever. Great idea and recommend it totally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power adaptor, December 30, 2010
I was suprised that this item can be used for a dual purpose, connecting to the PC and then to power. I know I will find this a great bonus especially on holiday it will save on taking too many adaptors away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Euro/UK adapter for Kind.e, February 13, 2011
This is the answer for those who travel to Europe or anywhere else where power supply is 220 v. In UK and anglophone Africa no other adapter is needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Power adapter, November 30, 2010
This adapter charged my kindle in less time than it takes on the computor. Its an ideal extra with the Kindle

3.0 out of 5 stars This was bought as a gift for my grand-daughter who lives in the UK, thousands of miles away so I cannot legitimately review it, February 19, 2013
My grand-daughter has not complained since she took delivery and so I reckon it must have been good. She had called to thank me for the gift but did not report on its performance.

2.0 out of 5 stars check the titles available BEFORE you purchase, November 20, 2011
I ordered a kindle DX while in London on business and was very pleased to receive it on time and be able to purchase some initial books before returning to the UAE, where I work/live. The drama began as I attempted to make purchases on the same kindle, using the same credit card, while in the UAE. The Amazon s/w issues an error enquiring whether I had moved house and refuses to allow the purchase to proceed. I was directed to the Amazon help-desk, which is in denial there is a problem; it's not in their "playbook" and the two people I spoke with had the combined reasoning power of a dead parrot (no offense to parrots of any kind intended).

The unit itself works beautifully and is a joy to use.

I should have done more research myself on the subject beforehand, and have configured a "work-around" using a virtual VPN based in the UK, so my ISP address seems to come from the UK. Another 50 gbp required and a few hours figuring out the subterfuge.
Amazon should publish the fact that there are some SEVERE limitations on what is available for sale anywhere in the middle east and the software block that it must be required to throw-up, to stop you making any purchases.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, August 1, 2011
Disappointed that I had to buy an adaptor, seperately for my Amazon Kindle. It should be be part of the accessory.

2.0 out of 5 stars kindle, June 1, 2011
i purchased a kindle in january after 3 months it froze and on correction kept returning to the beginning of the book being read - i was very dissapointed and eventually - in may was able, after many attempts, to obtain a return address - i returned kindle and did receive my money but was very disappointed with the kindle breaking so soon - perhaps i was just unlucky - but it was inconvienient and i have lost the e books i purchased

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›