1,626 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best players for PC
First of all I really love Amazon's MP3 service. Buying whole album or single MP3's is a breeze. The fact that they are automatically added to iTunes is a plus. Now the player for PC is awesome. It has never been easier to hear music as it plays what is on the cloud and what is on your library. Playlists are easy to create and if your playlist's music is in the cloud is...
Published 14 months ago by "City By The Bay"

1.0 out of 5 stars No use to me
I cannot see the purpose of a music player where you have to log in with a password every time you want to listen to your music...

Published 14 months ago by Phil Buglass

1.0 out of 5 stars No use to me, August 9, 2013
This review is from: Amazon Music with Prime Music [PC] [Download] (Software Download)

The final straw came a week or so after I installed the program, having tested it once and never touched it since. My PC was running really slowly, and investigation revealed 2 instances of a process called something like "amazonmusichelper" were running, each taking up nearly 40% of the capacity of my 6-core processor.

I don't need help with my music, thank you very much. I certainly don't need or want any program which will activate itself and use up all my CPU cycles, without any kind of permission or notification.

The player was uninstalled and trashed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Try harder, Amazon, July 8, 2013
This product cannot handle a large collection. The older version still has a few problems but at least if you play with it a bit you can get satisfactory results on your PC and great results on your Kindle. When I download the new cloud player for pc it looks like it's working but it does not hold your collection after you shut off your pc and then will NOT allow you to reload your collection. I have started over many times and it only gets worse. Probably works great with 2000 songs, but I need it to work with 60000 songs like the old version does if you've paid the premium. Please advise all members when this obvious problem has been corrected.

1.0 out of 5 stars Download won't work, July 16, 2013
I'm used to going onto Amazon and playing the music I've purchased. Now I can't play my music and when I downloaded the PC program, my computer or actually Windows refuses to install it. I've installed many programs over the years so this is not user error. Why can't Amazon leave well enough alone?

1.0 out of 5 stars WHY is this required??? I will not buy my downloads at Amazon anymore., October 18, 2013
I simply wanted to buy an MP3 download of an album, and go on my way. This is NOT possible through Amazon! You are required to use their download/cloud player, which adds several steps (read TIME!) for anyone who already has their music organized. The world does NOT need, yet, another music player... Especially, if you want to sell MP3's to the well established and already "organized" iTunes libraries.

Buy it>>Open Cloud Player>>Download it>>Locate file on Computer>>Copy it and Paste it, or Move it>>Update iTunes>>Update your player>>..on your way!!
vs.
Buy it>>Download to (predetermined location) PC>>Update iTunes>>Update your player>>..on your way!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Amazon finds a new way to turn away customers, September 10, 2013
Mark Corsa "technophile" (Orlando, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
The interface looks nice. The useability for small collections is probably good.

I have a large collection, but tried to upload just over 4100 songs, and even with buying extra cloud space, the functionality of the program seems to be overwhelmed by the number of songs. Sync between cloud and computer gets buggy. Auto download of new songs fails frequently. No back button. Several steps to see latest purchases. Can't use on most of my devices, but have no problem with cloud music utilizing google.

Summary

Amazon seems to have stopped putting forth much attention to detail with their mp3 programs. It's getting more like Henry Ford's Model A (you can have any color you want as long as its black). If it works for you great, if not, too bad.

2.0 out of 5 stars No graphic equalizer. No bass or treble adjust., June 25, 2013
I appreciate the slimmed-down functionality of the amazon player, but it has no built-in graphic equalizer. There's not even an option to add or reduce bass or treble as near as I can see. Whether you are on a laptop with ear-buds or a desktop with full speakers, you want to be able to adjust the sound.

That is going to be a deal-breaker for some, and perhaps many people. For me, it means uninstalling the amazon cloud player.

2.0 out of 5 stars So close! But still too far away to be dependable., August 9, 2013
Geeze I really hoped that Amazon would nail this. Actually, I sort of expected them to nail this. But not so.

Amazon is clearly aware of iTunes and that a user might have an iTunes library, but it really doesn't work well with it. Tags are ignored, duplicate files are saved, duplicate entries are coerced -- by accident -- and it, the Amazon player, really just blows off your iTunes library structure with no thought whatsoever that you may have actually spent quite a bit of time getting it just the way that makes sense to you.

All you have to do is look at the tags, Amazon -- and honor them, Or at least ask first before you blow them off and create a bunch of duplicate files and even some duplicate library entries.

Boo.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Work as Described, July 10, 2013
From the description I thought it would allow me to upload music from my PC to the cloud. Not so.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless app, September 3, 2013
Amazon Customer (Hull, East Yorkshire England) - See all my reviews
I'd never heard of this till Amazon sent me an email telling me I could get free downloads of some CDs I bought using their cloud player. I've just wasted 30 minutes trying to get it to work, but it doesn't work AT ALL for me! Annoying!

1.0 out of 5 stars Only get a blank screen. Doesn't work., September 15, 2013
This is as bad as trying to download instant video, which seems to only work about 2/3 of the time. I love amazon for actual products, but their ability to deliver electronic content is clearly in need of help. I'm disappointed. It downloaded and installed, but when it runs all I get is a blank black screen. Nothing else. If I had to pay for this, I'd be upset, but it's free so why should I have expected it to work, right? You get what you pay for...

Amazon Music with Prime Music [PC] [Download]
Amazon Music with Prime Music [PC] [Download] by Amazon Digital Services Inc.
$0.00