Amazon NOT honoring RDD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 44 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 2:41:36 PM PST
Just got off the phone with Amazon - my shipping estimate mysteriously changed to November 8th. Amazon will not honor the RDD on the order - I originally placed the order on March 6th. This is terrible service - I pay for Amazon prime to avoid things like this.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 2:55:24 PM PST
Seriously if they don't want to release a game on release day, I will go to Best Buy.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 3:54:17 PM PST
Eric Soskin says:
Have you been affected by the hurricane?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 6:37:13 PM PST
Brad says:
^ What he said. If you live in an area where the hurricane hit hard, then it's likely that postal services are being delayed.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:39:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 7:35:08 PM PST
Randy C says:
Yeah I'm a Prime Student Member and mine has already shipped (and been charged to my card) with an expected delivery date of November 6th (tomorrow).

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:52:07 PM PST
Brian C says:
I'm in Western PA . . . no hurricane here except for some rain. I still have expected 11/6 delivery date, but still not shipped. Probably won't get it?

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:20:15 PM PST
Rachel Leigh says:
Hmm, my game is still "Not Yet Shipped" and it still has November 6th as the delivery date. I haven't been charged for the game at all either. Strange-o.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:00:40 PM PST
B.L says:
I talked to them about it too, but I did it online. I politely told them that when I preordered my 3 games ( Halo 4 LE, Halo 4 standard for brother, and Black Ops 2 ) it said 2 day shipping was release date delivery. Then I showed them the Halo 4 page where it said "Order now and select 1 day shipping to get it on release date. They then changed all 3 of my orders to 1 day shipping for free.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 5:54:02 AM PST
ampxd says:
did the same sh*t to me too. So freaking sneaky, I can't believe amazon would do such an underhanded thing.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 6:10:21 AM PST
nusense949 says:
Maybe if I'm lucky ill get it today. I'm in the West coast.
Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Tuesday, 11/06/2012, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Wednesday, 11/07/2012, By End of Day

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 6:21:31 AM PST
D. Harter says:
i was on the phone with them for like two hours last night after my delivery date was changed to november 8th and all the woman kept telling me is that they no longer offered the 99 cent release date delivery and she kept "explaining" to me that since I chose two day shipping when I ordered it on October 9th, it has to come two days after it's release. Amazon get your shit together. Oh and i am NOT in an area affected by sandy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 6:26:34 AM PST
ampxd says:
exactly. They giving some bs excuse saying that Release Date Delivery isn't offered, I had to speak to another rep before they told me the truth. They couldnt ship out because of the high demand. Like seriously why you gotta lie for? My delivery estimate was Nov 6th, after I complained all of a sudden its Nov 8th.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 6:55:54 AM PST
carnage says:
pre-ordered the limited edition the first day it was available to do so...

Delivery Estimate: Wednesday November 13, 2012 - Monday November 16, 2012

i use to be able to get 99 cent release date shipping... haven't been able to select that on any game this whole year... and every game comes like a week late now... i am seriously considering not pre-ordering games from them anymore...

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 9:14:08 AM PST
Rachel Leigh says:
Mine says shipping soon and that it should be here today. Lol I highly doubt that. Way to not prepare for a huge release amazon!

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 10:42:04 AM PST
Adam Slayden says:
This is garbage. I'm a prime member not in a sandy affected area and clicked release day shipping like usual and lo and behold- november 8th is the ETA. This kind of failure combined with the insulting "10 dollar instant video credit" - jesus... might as well pack me some complementary monopoly money in with the package to try to reach that level of uselessness. I used to buy TONS of games of amazon back when they gave 10$+ credits left and right- great deals! Not anymore. Instead of multiple games a month it's now more like a few a year. Other retailers like greenman are just destroying amazon with their deals.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 10:44:06 AM PST
Rachel Leigh says:
Adam, go talk to a sales representative about it. Mine felt super guilty and upped me to expedited delivery, and it'll be here tomorrow and I'd get updated as much as humanly possible. Oh and I also got a credit for my inconvenience.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 11:01:21 AM PST
im in ohio and I got my limited edition delivered at around noon

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 11:43:09 AM PST
If this happens to my Black Ops 2 pre-order I'm done with amazon.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 11:47:15 AM PST
K. Stewart says:
this is why when i went to preorder a couple days ago and there was no RDD unless i paid 4 bucks i preordered at best buy, playing right now

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 12:42:19 PM PST
Elliot Jay says:
I won't be pre-ordering from Amazon anymore. My delivery date just got extended to Nov 8th too. It's funny because the reason I decided to pass up on better deals from other sites was because I'd have guaranteed release date delivery with amazon, especially because I'm a prime member. I feel like a fool.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 12:51:58 PM PST
sidthekid says:
mine says shipping soon but it said that for the last 10 hours. If this ever happens again . i'm done with amazon

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 1:30:08 PM PST
K. Cone says:
I've had this happen with a couple of video games and a couple of other items - the delivery method was changed and I got no notification. I've already decided that if they can't hold up their end of the deal, then I'll return the item as shipped late, they'll have to pay (or refuse the item - don't open it, just hand it back to USPS or the PO (get a receipt though)). There are times, of course, Amazon has emailed me to let me know of a delay in shipping and that I can cancel the order if I change my mind. But that was a loooooong time ago.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 2:43:55 PM PST
G. Strong says:
Preordered on Nov 1st. Shipped yesterday, received today. I have Prime.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 3:08:30 PM PST
Devon Day says:
Mine should show up soon. However, UPS is taking their sweet time to show up. Seriously, I'm gunna flip if they don't hurry up! Usually they get here sooner than this. But, now that I paid almost $10 on shipping, they wanna take their sweet time! GAAAAAH!!!! lol

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 3:15:31 PM PST
I ordered on Microsoft, wasnt even going to buy this game but their $25 credit towards a future game snagged me and i chose free shipping and it arrived a couple of hours ago. First game i havent bought on Amazon in a long time and i think i'll be canceling black ops 2 and ordering that from Microsoft. Buh Bye Amazon!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  35
Total posts:  44
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halo 4 - Xbox 360 (Standard Game)
Halo 4 - Xbox 360 (Standard Game) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (2,438)