Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Amazon Kindle 9W PowerFast Adapter for Accelerated Charging
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 6, 2014
I am on my third PowerFast adapter for my Kindle as my grandkids keep borrowing it to charge their phones and what other little devices they have. Since they have a tendency to walk off with them, I think I'm going to order one for each of them too. The prongs on the charger fold into the device for flat storage. This way you can carry this with you in your tote or purse without taking up alot of room. I use it to charge my Kindle in the waiting rooms of doctor offices or hospital waiting rooms as I carry my Kindle with me practically everywhere I go. I also bought a five foot cord to go along with this adapter. Now I can plug in anywhere and I'm a happy camper. These adapters come quickly with no shipping problems. I am very pleased with the service and product.
on April 9, 2015
If you own a Kindle, you know how quickly you can run out of juice when your wi-fi is on. Streaming movies or listening to music can be a real hassle sometimes. Not with the PowerFast! This little baby can get you up and fully charged in a very short time. If you combine this with the battery app, you can literally watch the battery fill up as you charge it.Great product!
on September 23, 2014
$19.99 for a little plastic adapter. No cable included. I recently lost my cable and adapter. Came here to purchase and paid about $35 for both. I am all for making a profit, but come on! Amazon's greed knows no bounds when it comes to the Kindle, the apps, the digital movies, books and cheap plastic accessories made in China for the Kindle. Don't buy a loved one, boss or neighbor a Kindle Fire HDX for Christmas. Not unless you want to make them miserable. It is GD headache with amazon reaching into your wallet for a 99% profit margin.
on May 27, 2015
I agree with the reviewers that said this is a rip off. It takes my Kindle just as long to charge as it did with the old one, so I essentially paid $20 for nothing. And my old Kindle charger looked better, sleeker. And the white cord from the other charger with the clunky black plug looks weird.

So, no, this is not worth $20, in my opinion. My kindle Fire was charging slow and using power fast, so after calling support, on their recommendation I bought this charger, and I am very disappointed.
on June 3, 2014
I absolutely love this PowerFast Adapter and I am so happy I purchased it. Before I just used the regular charging adapter that came with my kindle, and many times I would find myself running low on my charge and having to wait several hours before I could use my kindle again due to the length of time it took to charge. Since purchasing this I find that it only takes about one hour of charging and I am ready to go again.
This product is for anyone who hates to wait to long to get back to their kindle.
My spouse uses this now too, so I am thinking about purchasing another one just for him to use when he travels.
I give this five plus stars.
on June 18, 2013
Admittedly, I agree that Amazon should sell this with all of the Kindles (with an additional charge, don't faint, anyone at Amazon). However, the purchase for me was a no brainer, simply because of the length of charging time difference.
on February 4, 2015
for the price you pay for this half of a charger the cable to connect the kindle to said charge should be included. But no amazon wants you to pay another 10 bucks for the cable, which usually only runs between 3 to 6 dollars and not to mention that regular micro usb charges only run for about 4 to 9 dollars and they come with ALL the parts. This is a scam, a way for amazon to bleed their customers. Shame on you AMAZON!
on August 18, 2015
Does what it's supposed to, i.e., charge things quickly. I figured I saved money by finally buying the adapter that is dedicated to the products it's made for. The other, cheaper ones are very slow and/or don't work at all. The old adage 'You get what you pay for' holds true.
on May 29, 2013
I need to recharge my Kindle Fire HD every day since I read a lot and also enjoy watching movies and TV shows on the Kindle. The fast charger will recharge the Kindle from 12% to 100% full charge in about 3 hours. For me, this is a worthwhile item.
on December 27, 2014
My original Kindle charger was getting frayed and it took more than 8 hours to recharge the battery. This one charges my Kindle in less than 4 hours. Nice. I read every day and often run the battery down in a single reading session - so I use this a lot. I do think Amazon should have included the Micro-USB Cable with the charger - it must be purchased separately. How cheap of Amazon which is why I'm only giving it 4 stars instead of 5.