The main reason I ordered this case was because of the magnetic open/close feature. All the other available cases had a strap to keep it closed, which I am not a fan of personally. Here are my thoughts:
- The case is slim and does not add too much bulk or weight to the device. This is always a big plus.
- The build quality feels very nice and solid. You can tell you are holding a well built case, not a cheap plastic one.
- The magnetic open/close feature is great, I would venture to say even better than an iPad with Smart Cover. This gives the case a huge step up over the others in the market right now.
- The buttons for power and volume are much easier to press with the case on. If you were for instance, watching a movie in the dark it took some time to find the volume without the case on.
- Cosmetically the case looks fantastic, very stylish and professional.
- The case is rather expensive for what it is. But then again, if this was Apple the case would probably be around $80.
- The buttons, while easier to find and press, are still not as easily accessible as a naked iPad. If for some reason I had to change the volume at a moment's notice, it would be rather difficult.
- I often hold the tablet in landscape, with my thumb on the lower left corner. I noticed the there was some give here, and the tablet could shift up and down. I put it a small piece of soft cloth to make sure it didn't move around.
- The rubber that holds the device in place I feel should go out a little bit farther. Sometimes when I hold the case on the edge I feel the device almost start to slip out.
I am happy with the case despite its small imperfections. I cannot say I have ever found a perfect case after all. I do feel like it could be a little cheaper, and I'm sure in a few weeks or months it will be. Still at very solid investment at $45, as I do not think you will need another case for your Fire.