1,049 of 1,119 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Prime is better than great ~ It's phenomenal
I'm not sure why so many people are complaining about Amazon Prime. It's clearly stated when you sign up that you'll be on auto renewal, unless you select otherwise. If you don't like the service; you can cancel and get a full refund. If you don't want auto renewal, take 5 seconds and check the box stating that you don't want it.

As far as the service goes; if...
Published 11 months ago by Expressed Reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars So So...
I was a long time Amazon Prime member, and from experience I can tell you that it's not the God Send they sell it as.

- You must take advantage of every aspect to get "full value"... i.e. discounted shipping, free prime videos, etc.
- The rules will change, and you will likely not know until after you depend on it... for instance they dropped the $3.99...
Published 9 months ago by Jonathan Caldwell

1.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy, July 11, 2013
Aimee (Northern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amazon Prime (One Year Membership)
Amazon Prime "Free Trial" is a scam! Do NOT sign up unless you're prepared to pay the start up membership fee! My husband signed up for the free two-month trial and it charged our account $83 within the next few days. Totally bogus and inconvenient!

4.0 out of 5 stars Let the buyer beware, July 11, 2013
This review is from: Amazon Prime (One Year Membership)
It states in the fine print that unless you turn off the auto sign up that you will be joining after the trial is up.. I am not sure it is worth it since so much of the offerings are fee based

5.0 out of 5 stars Products come in fast!, August 16, 2013
This review is from: Amazon Prime (One Year Membership)
Don't listen to all the bad reviews... They are just NOT smart enough to know what exactly a subscription is... When you first subscribe, they will tell you that the membership will auto-renewal... Another example of a subscription is like Netflix! You get a free trial and later they will tell you that it will auto-renew the membership... So don't blame the services when the ignorance is coming from the customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best tools to shop on line., September 14, 2013
This review is from: Amazon Prime (One Year Membership)
Awesome service. Added it and it renewed this year. Wouldn't live without it as we shop online and it has saved us money and gotten the product to us fast. If you don't shop online a lot don't subscribe. If you do hands down best thing to have!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Read the instructions, August 11, 2013
This review is from: Amazon Prime (One Year Membership)
Those people who have been allegedly "duped" by Prime should have their computers taken away.
I hate to denigrate others but you have to be pretty stupid to think a one month free trial is a two month free trial and then complain about getting charged for it.
Also you have to be pretty stupid to think you have been duped just because you have not read the instructions and were charged for the service when it is so simple to opt out of it.
Some people are just too stupid to be allowed on a machine as complicated as a computer :). Some people just can't read properly written instructions and to them I say go to some adult education English class and read the instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read the instructions people, July 19, 2013
This review is from: Amazon Prime (One Year Membership)
I signed up for the Free week trial of Anazon Prime and cancelled before the 7th day and was not charged. If you would have read the instructions and details you wouldn't have been charged and I've never seen any company give a two month free trial on anything. I'm signing up for Anazon Prime because its a great service, great movie/tv viewing and much cheaper than our local cable. Thank you Amazon for offering this great service!

5.0 out of 5 stars love love my savings & ease of shopping, August 11, 2013
This review is from: Amazon Prime (One Year Membership)
I LOVE it..had so many items shipped free..& they informed me thru Email my 30 days free was going to expire I decided to not cancel..it is SO WORTH it!..I receved so many products within 2 days.no delivery fee no tax..just price on the display..my favorite purchase was my Samsung Note 2 phone I got for only $139 No other charges..my verizon website had same phone for $199 plus taxes of $40 plus $30 upgrade fee..but all those charges was avoided because I called Amazon to make sure price was correct & called my Verizon to make sure purchase from Amazon websight is good..& they said yes..& didnt have to pay the tax on the cell or the upgrade fee all because I purchased the phone on Amazan as a prime member

4.0 out of 5 stars Pls Refund!!!, August 16, 2013
This review is from: Amazon Prime (One Year Membership)
I signed up for the one-month trial and expected I will be notified before my trial period expired. Alas! It wasn't so! My credit card was debited without any notice and that's the ONLY reason I am unsubscribing. The money was deducted today and I have just unsubscribed. Pls refund my money!!! I recently started buying from Amazon and have no complaints so far but I am not happy that I didn't get any notice. Pls refund my money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Prime, July 5, 2013
This review is from: Amazon Prime (One Year Membership)
I noticed £49 had been debited from my bank account yesterday without my knowledge. It said 'Amazon Prime'. Apparently I'd completed the 'trial period' and somehow my current account has been debited. I don't need or want this and I bet I'm one of many who have been 'duped'. Can I opt out and have a refund please?

1.0 out of 5 stars amazon prime, August 12, 2013
This review is from: Amazon Prime (One Year Membership)
$79 has been deducted from my bank account for amazon prime. I am not a frequent buyer and i am from middle east, so how come u deduct my money without my knowledge... This is not acceptable

Amazon Prime (One Year Membership)
Amazon Prime (One Year Membership) by Amazon Services LLC