5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Power Adapter Specs
Since the details for the items are a little sparse I thought I would provide the specs listed on the power adapter.
AC Input 100-240 Volts, 0.15 Amps, 50/60 Hz
DC Output 4.9 Volts, 0.85 Amps

This adapter has a Flextronics part number of 09500043-200, Model # A00810
Published on February 26, 2009 by WingNut/Pilot

1.0 out of 5 stars Disintegration of insulation on Kindle power cord
Published on December 4, 2010 by Edward Morris

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Power Adapter Specs, February 26, 2009
This review is from: Amazon Kindle Replacement Power Adapter (Fits Latest Generation Kindle and Kindle DX) [For shipment in the U.S only] (Accessory)
AC Input 100-240 Volts, 0.15 Amps, 50/60 Hz
DC Output 4.9 Volts, 0.85 Amps

This adapter has a Flextronics part number of 09500043-200, Model # A00810

1.0 out of 5 stars Disintegration of insulation on Kindle power cord, December 4, 2010
Edward Morris (Nashville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
After approximately one year of use, the insulation on my Kindle power cord is cracking and disintegrating. I have had to repair it with electrical tape twice within the last week. The insulation doesn't just crack--it also falls off in half-inch segments. Last night, I had the repaired power cord plugged into the wall, and this morning a finger-width section had disintegrated, leaving a bare wire that I luckily saw in time. My Kindle is wonderful, but its power cord is dangerous.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sleek Perfect Charging Solution, February 24, 2009
Looking very stylish and extremely compact, Amazon really got it right with the new Kindle 2 charger.

It's iPhone looking design will really leave you in awe. Speaking of iPhone, the tiny power adapter works great to charge an iPhone or iPod. This is a great bonus feature for us Apple enthusiasts. One less device to carry. Just plug your Apple cable into this and charge away. I tried it with my iPhone 3G and iPod and it worked great.

Easy to carry, works in the USA or overseas ( with a plug adapter, sold separately )

The included USB cable is also high quality and well made. The price for both is also very good.

It is an excellent idea to purchase one of these to have as an extra just in case you loose your original set or to charge at another location in your home or office.

It can also be used to charge other devices that use a USB type charger, although I have only tested it so far with an Apple iPhone 3G and iPod.

Very highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Why another adapter?, October 11, 2009
I purchased my Kindle2 in March of 09 - and it came with this adapter and cord. It is now October 09, and the small part of the adapter for this cord has stopped working. Fortunately, I was able to plug the CORD part into my laptop's USB port, and charge the Kindle that way. While plugged into a wall socket using Amazon's adapter, it does not charge at all (no light, no charge, no nothin'). I tried using the USB/Power adapter for my iPod, but the charge light blinked intermittently, and it seemed to drain the Kindle's battery. I have only had this for 9 months. I think the adapter should last longer than that. Preferably, Amazon could/should have come up with an interface that allows the use of adapters we already have - like for our phones or iPods. It's not rocket science... but it IS marketing. I came online to purchase the replacement, but I'm not sure I want to buy the same thing.... I have both the original Kindle and the Kindle2, and I love the product, but with this adapter, I have to ask.... Why?

2.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - until it rots and falls apart, March 3, 2009
Debbie "pug-mom" (California, United States) - See all my reviews
This is an exact duplicate of the power plug/usb cord combo that ships with the Kindle 2. If you need an extra one, this is it! Works great, what more can I say?

I leave one plugged into my computer for transferring content and another plugged into the wall near my bed for convenient charging.
=====

Update - after about a year the plastic on the cord started falling off in chunks. Just touch the cord and more chunks flake off, exposing the metal inside the insulation. I haven't ever had any kind of cord do this. It has been stored in the house, not in the heat of the car, so I can't explain why this occurred. I threw the cord away. I just did a google search and found lots of complaints about this disintegrating cord, so apparently it is not an isolated incident.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most unsung new feature for the Kindle 2, March 14, 2009
Amazon Kindle 2 Replacement Power Adapter

With all the new features that are touted for the new Kindle 2 (form factor, almost foolproof page turning buttons, text speaking, etc.) I was surprised that Amazon never mentioned this wondrous combination charger in its publicity. Though there are similar, albeit somewhat larger, USB power plugs (e.g., for Apple's iPods), this sleek integrated multi-purpose plug deserves a design award strictly on its own. It would make a great gift for travelers who don't even own a Kindle 2, but travel with other USB-chargeable devices like MP3 players. BRAVO, Amazon!

1.0 out of 5 stars Why no Amazon statement regarding "disintegrating cables"?, September 23, 2011
Can someone explain to me why I can find hundreds and hundreds of people with this "disintegrating isulation on charging cord" problem, but not ONE post from Amazon with an official Company Statement about these defective, inferior, slave-labor built, imported, crap charging cables?

Anyone?

I'll be you dollars to donuts that these 100s of complains will bloom into 10s of thousands, as the existing, bad cables "mature". (dry out, degrade, undergo radioactive decay, whatever their issue is). I'll bet I'll win!

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle recharging cord disappointing, January 22, 2011
I was initially happy that my Kindle replacement charging cord arrived so promptly, & it seemed to work fine. But after only one use, the outer covering of the cord started cracking & falling off in bits. It now is almost completely covered by electrical tape, as the bits fall off w/ each & every use. I will end up having to buy a new one after all...

1.0 out of 5 stars Disintegrating power cord insulation!, August 9, 2011
I was about to recharge my Kindle this morning when I noticed the rubbery covering of the power cord was disintegrating before my eyes, leaving the wire exposed! This is a really rinky-dink accessory for a supposedly great product. So far I'm very happy with my Kindle, but this cord problem lowers my opinion of Kindle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle charging cable damaged; Amazon inconsistent in handling complaints from customers, December 29, 2009
I have bought my Kindle 2 in March 2009 and months later, i found the cover of the charging cable with cracks and peeling off one area after another that at the moment I have an "almost naked" kindle charger. I called Kindle support and was advised to buy a new charging cable. I love using my Kindle that I am willing to but a new cable but I just can't understand why the insulating cover got spoilt this way when i was very careful with it and Amazon won't replace it even though it's still within the warranty period. :( And to add more to my disappointment, I found out from other reviews that some people who complained about the charger and cable got theirs replaced while I was advised to buy a new one. Why the inconsistency in the advice given by Amazon?