Amazon VOD Does anyone know if WD will add Amazon Video on Demand -- specifically, the free Amazon Prime version? I ordered a Roku XD specifically for Amazon and have another few weeks left to return it as the WD looks like a better all-around solution -- if it supported Amazon.

UPDATE: I did wind up returning the Roku and went with BoxeeBox. It doesn't have Amazon video either but can stream video from various content providers (CBS, etc.) and most important to me: can reliably play just about any format from SMB shares, including MKV. The only thing it doesn't play is WMA lossless audio, so I run Serviio for that.
[UPDATED] asked by ZimFromIrk on December 30, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
I bought the original generation of their video streaming player with promises of added content. If my experience is the same as yours then you will never see any new content or updates once they are on to the next generation of players.
D. Diamant answered on January 13, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is indeed pathetic AMZN and WD cannot come to an agreement on this (and this is all on AMZN folks, trust me) . Consequently, I will be cancelling my PRIME membership and withholding my purchase of this player (a great player by all respects, if not the best).
T. Verner answered on January 10, 2014
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Count me as another one who will buy this the second Amazon Prime is available. C'mon, Amazon, what's the holdup? Getting a kickback from Roku or something?
J. Ryan answered on December 21, 2013
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Pssst. Hey WD. Get your $%!& together and work it out with Amazon because there is no way I'm buying your box without support of Amazon Prime streaming vids. I was looking to buy one today because you support DLNA and avi (which Roku does not) but without support for Amazon, it's not happening. Until then my LG BD590 is going to have to do. Fortunately, I can still stream Amazon from my Asus tablet but it's a PITA. C'mon WD - you've got a ton of people just wanting to give you money IF you can work it out with Amazon. The manufacturers of these boxes need to understand as consumers we won't pay for devices that don't support the options out there - and LG has lost a customer from me because they stopped making firmware for my Blu Ray less than a year after I had it, thereby putting the kabash on Amazon. I won't make that mistake again.
catippins answered on September 30, 2013
Comments (3) | 5 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would buy today but not without Amazon VOD I would sorely miss my Prime streaming. Too bad for you WD
Linden R. Gibson answered on August 24, 2013
Comment | 6 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I too would like to know. Amazon - you're going to lose a PRIME subscription if you don't work it out. WD - I'll RMA those boxes if you don't. SO GET TO IT. You have content, you have delivery - don't go the way of the networks. Don't go the way of the NFL. Sell us the product! SELL IT. WE WILL PAY. SELLLLLL.
Michael answered on February 22, 2013
Comment | 11 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I agree, now that the wd tv has the ability to do watch live tv and record it with a win tv, the only thing missing is amazon videos.
B. Kerlin answered on December 3, 2012
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I agree that WD seems to have a better all-around solution - the lack of Amazon VOD is the only thing keeping me from making the purchase. I don't care which side is the problem...it is frustrating me to the point of telling both of them to take a leap!
Will answered on November 26, 2012
Comment (1) | 13 of 14 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Maybe there should be a campaign to Amazon and WD to get their acts together. I would have bought this eons ago if this supported Amazon VOD. Netflix has become such a dissapointment lately.
aikanae answered on November 23, 2012
Comment | 8 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'd buy this right now if it had Amazon VOD. Whatever the problem is between Amazon and WD, I wish they'd just work it out and get it done already. It's getting ridiculous and long past due.
Bridget answered on November 21, 2012
Comment | 15 of 16 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product