Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Announcement

Amazon.com Customer Service

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 23, 2009 4:25:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Apr 1, 2009 1:07:34 PM PDT
Amazon.com Customer Service will be posting answers in this forum. We will be answering frequently asked questions from the forums.

Here are quick links to answers we have posted in the last few days.

Forum Post 3/11/2009:
Downloading Kindle Purchases and Subscriptions to Your Computer
Document Compatibility

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-Customer-Service/forum/Fx2EGRL42MHF15D/Tx1XWROEYYNYZUA/17/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdMsgNo=408&asin=B00154JDAI&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=Mx2AJAICAKQ5F4B#Mx2AJAICAKQ5F4B

Forum Post 3/12/2009:
Duplicate Orders
Kindle Book Licensing Restrictions

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-Customer-Service/forum/Fx2EGRL42MHF15D/Tx1XWROEYYNYZUA/17/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdMsgNo=415&asin=B00154JDAI&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=Mx2HQTUJ0QKLLJ6#Mx2HQTUJ0QKLLJ6

Forum Post 3/17/2009:
Your @kindle.com Email Address
Selling Content in the Kindle Store
Content Availability

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-Customer-Service/forum/Fx2EGRL42MHF15D/Tx1XWROEYYNYZUA/19/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?%5Fencoding=UTF8&cdMsgNo=462&asin=B00154JDAI&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=Mx76KNRKJVUOAK#Mx76KNRKJVUOAK

Forum Post 3/18/2009:
Extended Warranty

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-Customer-Service/forum/Fx2EGRL42MHF15D/Tx1XWROEYYNYZUA/19/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?%5Fencoding=UTF8&cdMsgNo=473&asin=B00154JDAI&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=MxYVG361EI2GUG#MxYVG361EI2GUG

Forum Post 3/19/2009:
Kindle Book Locations

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-Customer-Service/forum/Fx2EGRL42MHF15D/Tx1XWROEYYNYZUA/20/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?%5Fencoding=UTF8&cdMsgNo=486&asin=B00154JDAI&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=MxC9K2JQSQLXH5#MxC9K2JQSQLXH5

Forum Post 3/23/2009:
Kindle Font Sizes
Experimental Page Options on Kindle 2

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-Customer-Service/forum/Fx2EGRL42MHF15D/Tx1XWROEYYNYZUA/21/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?%5Fencoding=UTF8&cdMsgNo=503&asin=B00154JDAI&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=Mx1TB0HL6XMLK6U#Mx1TB0HL6XMLK6U

Forum Post 3/27/2009
Textbooks for Kindle

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-Customer-Service/forum/Fx2EGRL42MHF15D/Tx1XWROEYYNYZUA/22/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?%5Fencoding=UTF8&cdMsgNo=537&asin=B00154JDAI&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=Mx2VKPCLY5ODLLL#Mx2VKPCLY5ODLLL

Forum Post 4/01/2009
Kindle 2 Quick-Start Video
http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-Customer-Service/forum/Fx2EGRL42MHF15D/Tx1XWROEYYNYZUA/24/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?%5Fencoding=UTF8&cdMsgNo=596&asin=B00154JDAI&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=Mx18MZ54T0DI57J#Mx18MZ54T0DI57J

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 4:27:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 23, 2009 4:29:14 PM PST
Mark Twain says:
@Customer Service

Oh you poor, poor souls. My heart and prayers go out to each of you facing this lion's den.

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 4:28:14 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 4:28:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 23, 2009 5:03:59 PM PST
Kindle 2 Content Transfer:
We store all your purchases from the Kindle Store on Amazon.com so you can access your books and other content from multiple Kindles, including Kindle 2, as long as the Kindles are registered to the same account. For your convenience, we store your annotations as well as the last page read in each book so you can pick up reading where you left off. We make it easy to transfer books and subscriptions from one Kindle to another.

Here are your options:

SCHEDULE DELIVERY OF EXISTING CONTENT
If you visit the Manage Your Kindle page (http://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle) after placing your Kindle 2 order, you'll see your new Kindle 2 listed in the "Download/Send to" choices in the "Your orders and individual charges" section. You can schedule delivery of your existing books before your Kindle 2 even arrives. Your books will be automatically downloaded to your Kindle when you turn on the device, provided that you are in wireless range.

DOWNLOAD ARCHIVED ITEMS AFTER KINDLE 2 ARRIVES
When Kindle 2 arrives, you'll see the options "Archived Items" on the Home screen and "View Archived Items" on the Home Menu. Either of these options will allow you to automatically wirelessly download your Kindle content stored on Amazon.com.

UPDATE SUBSCRIPTION DELIVERY SETTINGS
Subscription content can only be delivered to one Kindle registered your Amazon.com account. You can transfer a periodical subscription from one Kindle for delivery to another in the "Your Active Kindle subscriptions." section of the Manage Your Kindle page (http://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle).

EMAIL PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
If you visit the Manage Your Kindle page (http://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle) after placing your Kindle 2 order, you can give your Kindle 2 an e-mail address and verify your list of approved senders. You can e-mail personal documents to be downloaded and waiting for you when Kindle 2 arrives.

TRANSFER PERSONAL DOCUMENTS VIA USB
You can use the USB connection on your Kindles to copy personal documents to your computer from one Kindle and then drag it to a new Kindle 2.

PLEASE NOTE: You cannot transfer your Kindle purchases from your computer to your Kindles via USB unless you schedule delivery using one of the methods above.

Kindle 2 Shipping:
Kindle 2 began shipping today, February 23rd, to customers who were in line for the original Kindle and customers who pre-ordered beginning February 9th. New orders placed today will be released for immediate shipping.

Payment Methods for Kindle Content:

The currently accepted payment methods used to purchase Kindle content are credit cards and gift certificates. If paying with a gift certificate, the purchase will be deducted from your gift certificate balance until it is gone, then your credit card will be charged. You'll need to redeem your gift certificate to the account prior to making a content purchase. Please redeem your gift certificate by visiting Your Account.

Your account must still have a credit or debit card issued by a U.S. bank with a U.S. billing address even when you intend to pay for a purchase using a gift certificate.

Kindle 2 Text-to-Speech is an Experimental Feature:

The experimental category represents features we are still working on to enhance the Kindle experience even further. Try them out and let us know what you think. We have no plans to remove the experimental features-in fact, we are working hard to make them even better for you.

Kindle 2 and Wish Lists:
Digital content cannot be transferred to a different Amazon.com account after purchase, so Kindle content cannot directly be added to Wish Lists at this time. There are alternatives, however.
You can add books to your "Save for Later" list while shopping the Kindle Store from your Kindle. Simply select that option on the book's detail page. To view all the books you've added to your list, select the "Save for Later" option on the Kindle Store menu on your Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2009 4:29:23 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 23, 2009 4:30:09 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 4:31:23 PM PST
Jessica says:
Now that explains what's going on with the shipping madness. Thanks CS you guys have probably been through a lot today but you're doing an AMAZING job

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2009 4:34:27 PM PST
Selena says:
indeed! CS rocks!

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 4:35:01 PM PST
Malachi says:
Communication is a great thing. Thank you Amazon.

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 4:37:47 PM PST
Scott Pond says:
Very brave given this rambunctious crowd... but also very appreciated!

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 4:39:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 23, 2009 4:40:22 PM PST
kem says:
This is a good thing on amazon's part. There has been some frustration and confusion with shipping and misinformation so this will help to appease the masses. Now for the really important questions that I know everyone wants to ask....Is there a way to censure Gary A from kindle land and is there a method to remove all of the reviews for the kindle 2 by people who don't have the product?

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 4:40:15 PM PST
also amazon support person it would really helpful if something were done about all these reviews from people who do not own the product and have never tested it out. at least for the time being a person should read kindle reviews submitted and check that a kindle is registered to the account or email them to find out how they got a hold of a kindle before posting reviews as all these reviews do is make it difficult to see peoples experiences and for people interested in buying the kindle to learn about it.

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 4:51:37 PM PST
Thank you, customer service! I waited a month for my Kindle 1 (it was well worth it, obviously) and there wasn't much in way of communication from Amazon as to why/where/when and so on. Thank you, again. Great improvement.

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 5:00:19 PM PST
Benjamin says:
"LEASE NOTE: You cannot transfer your Kindle purchases from your computer to your Kindles via USB unless you schedule delivery using one of the methods above."

Can someome explain to me what that means? Im not being smart, I just dont understand (feel stupid lol).

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 5:01:14 PM PST
QUOTE:

SCHEDULE DELIVERY OF EXISTING CONTENT
If you visit the Manage Your Kindle page (http://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle) after placing your Kindle 2 order, you'll see your new Kindle 2 listed in the "Download/Send to" choices in the "Your orders and individual charges" section. You can schedule delivery of your existing books before your Kindle 2 even arrives. Your books will be automatically downloaded to your Kindle when you turn on the device, provided that you are in wireless range.

------------------

See...something is wrong. My Kindle has been shipped but I don't have this option. Ugh...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2009 5:11:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 23, 2009 5:12:12 PM PST
Jessica says:
It means you have to select that the ebook is sent wirelessly to the kindle, or to the computer before you can upload it from your amazon library. if you can't download wirelessly, for whatever reason, simply select to have the booksent to your computer and you can upload it via the usb

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 5:56:04 PM PST
M. SOLANO says:
Amazon's Customer Service is first class. I wonder if there is an award given for this line of work. I would nominate them all.

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 5:57:26 PM PST
Michelle, I have the same problem. Some of us who pre-ordered Kindles still have not received a serial number, even if the Kindle has shipped. Thus, we cannot access the Manage Your Kindle options or pre-order titles.

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 6:11:40 PM PST
Falidus says:
You will see your serial number where your kindle e-mail is, just go to edit info and you will see it there.

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 6:15:16 PM PST
TXTeacher says:
Well, I don't know...I ordered way back in December and mine still says "shipping soon" so I assume that for some reason mine didn't follow the planned shipping schedule listed above.

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 6:23:32 PM PST
Liora Hess says:
Cool. I downloaded my books to my Kindle-in-transit. Just wonder why the samples show "pending." At what point do those reach your Kindle?

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 6:33:28 PM PST
Falidus says:
You would have to tranfer them via usb or through the kindle e-mail. Since you do have have physical device as of yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2009 6:38:25 PM PST
Jessica says:
They will reach the kindle the moment you turn it and the wireless on.

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 6:41:44 PM PST
Falidus says:
That is good to know EB. I will wait though till I get the device though.

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 6:42:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 23, 2009 6:43:18 PM PST
Joya says:
ALL Kindle reviews should be wiped on Feb 25th. If there are ANY people who really did review the Kindle based on USEAGE should copy their reivews and repost them later. All this nonsense from haters is insane and dissapointing. I used Amazon reviews a LOT even when buying from somewhere other than Amazon.

And the abusers should be banned from posting reviews.

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 6:47:38 PM PST
N. Douglas says:
Joya-I second that!!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 81 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  693
Total posts:  2016
Initial post:  Feb 23, 2009
Latest post:  May 27, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 107 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kindle Wireless Reading Device (6" Display, U.S. Wireless)
Kindle Wireless Reading Device (6" Display, U.S. Wireless) by Amazon
4.3 out of 5 stars   (18,186)