Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Amazon.com $25 Gift Card in a Greeting Card (Birthday Balloons Design)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

15,591
Denomination: 25|Design Name: Birthday Balloons|Change
Price:$10.00 - $2,000.00

on December 9, 2010
****UPDATE: December 14, 2013 ****
**********************************
I just wanted to give people reading this a "HEADS-UP," since I had to learn the hard way. You probably are NOT going to receive this (or any) Amazon "mailed" gift card in ONE-DAY ... from now until Christmas (even if the free one-day is selected). You also might NOT receive it in ONE BUSINESS DAY. This is true even if the status on the page says "order in X hours and X minutes and receive it tomorrow (or on X date). Pay close attention when you go to pay on what the "new" delivery date says (this may/will change from what it said when you went to put it in your cart). AFTER you place the order (and pay), look again at the delivery date (again, it may have changed again since you paid). Finally, go back and check the tracking to see that it actually shipped and what the CARRIER'S estimated delivery date on their site. I ordered a gift card on Thursday morning, with a "guaranteed" one-day shipping and delivery on Friday. Guess what ... the card is not being delivered until late Monday. That definitely is NOT one-day shipping.
**********************************

This is the perfect gift ... so many things to choose from on Amazon and very easy to redeem (just type in the card number at checkout or add the gift card number to your Amazon account). And, most importantly, if you have a problem with your gift card purchase, you need to contact Amazon as they are generally really good about fixing problems. (Sometimes you have to speak to two or three people before it gets fixed, but it generally gets fixed). But, Amazon cannot fix a problem if you don't contact them (via phone, e-mail or live chat ... not by leaving a product review) and give them a chance to fix it. If you want/need something specific, then ask for that.

I have purchased the mail, e-mail and print versions of the Amazon gift card. All were very easy to purchase (and use ... when I or my kids were the recipient). I purchased the E-MAIL version when I wanted the gift recipient to have it that day to use or if the gift recipient was traveling. I always sent an e-mail, text or some other way let the person know that I sent it and to check their e-mail. I purchased the MAIL version when that gift recipient preferred to get "something" in the mail to open and hold. Again, I always tracked the package and then confirmed that they received it. I purchased the PRINT version when I needed something now, but also needed something tangible to give the gift recipient. I have purchased well over 30 gift cards and have never had a problem (luckily!).

That being said ... after reading some of the reviews, I just want to clarify exactly what you can expect to receive/get with your mail gift card order. IMPORTANT NOTE: Do NOT combine/order gift cards to be mailed with other items from Amazon if you want the free one-day shipping on your gift card(s). Order gift cards separately from other items you are ordering from Amazon (i.e., place more than one/separate orders on Amazon). If you do not, you will not receive free one-day shipping on your gift card(s).

1. I read the reviews that said that all of the greeting cards (that contained the mailed gift card) were sealed and that the person was not able to see which gift card went to which person (if they ordered different cards and/or different dollar amounts). Because of this, I placed 5 different orders for 5 different gift cards ALL sent to myself. That was unnecessary. Because while the outer envelope (which is really the Amazon's packaging for the greeting card/gift card combo) is sealed ... the greeting card, which the gift card is attached to, and the envelope that it goes in are separate inside the sealed envelope packaging (which is meant to be opened prior to giving as a gift). So, when you open that sealed envelope you will see the card, as well as the gift card amount. At that point, you can also write a personal message on the greeting card prior to giving.

2. The actual $ mailed gift card for the Christmas designs are just the generic brown "a" with the curved underline (i.e., the Amazon.com logo) for some of the cards. For those particular cards, the only thing that has the Christmas or holiday designs are the greeting cards themselves. There are some cards, however, that have the same design on the plastic gift card as on the paper greeting card. (Look closely at the pictures that Amazon shows and you will see which greeting cards have which plastic gift card.) So, only some of the gift cards have Christmas or holiday designs on them. Again, click on each design and look at the picture. If you are planning on spending $50, $75 or $100+ on each gift card, I suggest the Amazon gift card tins (Amazon.com Gift Cards - In a Gift Box - Free One-Day Shipping,Amazon.com Gift Cards - In a Gift Box - Free One-Day Shipping, or Amazon.com Gift Cards - In a Gift Box - Free One-Day Shipping).

3. The personal message that you type for the mailed gift card appears only on the packing slip/receipt thrown in the box or bubble envelope that Amazon ships the sealed envelope in. (That is, the little piece of paper that shows the GIFT FROM, shipping address and what was purchased.) Your message will NOT appear on the greeting card, which is sealed inside the envelope packaging. The person would have to look on the packing slip to see the personal message. NOTE: I order a lot on Amazon and I have on occasion received items that *I* ordered for myself with no packing slip, which is not an issue because *I* ordered it. But, if I had received/or sent it as a gift, that could be an issue. The five separate gift card orders that I placed and received all contained that small fax-paper like packing slip. But, it could happen that an order might not contain the packing slip since I have received orders without any packing slip. It's too bad that Amazon doesn't at least offer the option to have the message typed directly on the actual greeting card (like ToysRUs) when it's going to someone as a gift (and maybe say it would take longer than the standard 1-day shipping). Just a suggestion!

4. As I said, I ordered several mail gift cards ... some arrived in a "book" or "cd/dvd" box and some arrived in a bubble envelope. Go figure! I guess it just depended on who packed it. All arrived via UPS the next day (where the next day was a business day). Two of the cards that were shipped in a bubble envelope did arrive slightly bent ... nothing major. Probably the best way for them to ship them is in the book/dvd/cd box since none of those arrived bent. (Note: If you live at an address or are sending to an address that UPS does not deliver to OR are only able to receive items at a PO Box because you live in a rural area, you might want to check with Amazon prior to ordering a physical gift card.) Also, some times UPS/FedEx require a signature for delivery. None of the gift cards I received were shipped with a signature required, but depending on the UPS/FedEx driver and the area, a signature might be required despite Amazon shipping it with a no signature required. If this is an issue for you, I would check with Amazon and the shipper to find out the policy on this. There are generally printable signature waiver forms available on the carriers' websites that you can print, sign, and leave at your door for the driver so that they will leave your package without a signature.

5. All of the information (#1-#3) that I included in my review, Amazon now includes in the item description. I'm not sure if Amazon changed their ways, added this information after people were upset and complained, or it was there and people failed to read it. In any case, hopefully, my review helps to further clarify. It's always nice to know what your money is buying.

I have also ordered 2 printable gift certificate/cards. It was really easy ... picked the design, amount, quantity and entered my personal message. After checking out/paying, I received an e-mail from Amazon.com in a few minutes with a link for me to PRINT the card. After printing, fold the paper twice and voile an instand card with gift certificate! Super quick, easy and a really cute looking card (similar to those 4-picture square, homemade greeting cards). I used some of the envelopes from a pre-package set of thank you/birthday party cards that I had.

E-mail gift cards are really easy also. Pick your design, dollar amount and enter the recipient's e-mail address, pay and you're done.
5555 comments| 1,845 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2010
I LOVE Amazon and the overnight shipping on these cards is great but they asked for a gift note and they sent the gift card but without the note I wrote in it. The person I sent it to had no idea who it was from so I had to embarassingly ask if they got it or not.

I'd like to write directly to Amazon about this, I've sent 3 gift cards so far and all have had the same problem, no note.
2727 comments| 386 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2015
Great gift card! It came in fast with the FREE One Day Shipping! UPS had a few problems getting it to me, but it still came in on the correct date. The card is printed well and looks good. It does have "Amazon" all over the back and under the gift card though. It's not a big deal unless you wanted a clean more personal card. I would not even think about it! After all, you are giving someone money! The envelope is sturdy and has good glue to hold is shut if you lick it. It's very easy to redeem the code. Just pull the card off and look at the code on the back of the card in easy to read text. There is no film you have to scratch off with a coin. Very good gist card from Amazon! This is a great gift if you can't think of something to give someone.
review image
0Comment| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2015
Very handy x-mas gift. The best answer to the baffling question of what each of my 7 nieces and nephews would like for Christmas this year. It was a big hit all around. Plus, I've retained my title and continue to rule as their Most Highest, Favoritest Aunt! "Ha! Who wears the crown now, sistahs?"
review image
11 comment| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2011
I found the plastic to be sturdy. I appreciated the rounded edges, which helped to avoid injury or embarrassing clothing snags while carrying it to my computer. The number was a little complicated because it also included some letters, but I was able to enter them using my keyboard with no problems. Then I shopped 'til I dropped.
2424 comments| 668 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Go traditional with a physical gift card, making gift giving more authentic than digital which may be lost or ignored through e-mail.

No personal information is presented on the card; you get an blank envelope, the bi fold card with design, and an Amazon gift card.

Envelope is standard: all blank, no markings on it whatsoever

Card itself has a design of your choice on front and instructions on how to claim your credit on back

The card itself is held on the card by easy to pull of glue which does not leave residue on the card. The card design is very basic and does not have a designed theme to it with the amazon logos and credit amount on the upper left corner. The code in back does not have a scratch off seal, so no coin needed

Overall, great basic design choice, great for gift giving
review image review image review image review image
on November 15, 2010
I was given a Kindle last year for Christmas. This year, for my birthday, I requested an Amazon gift card to buy Kindle books, and my daughter sent me one. It's wonderful. I just registered it as the clear instructions indicated and a few minutes later I was reading a new book on Kindle. It's a thoughtful, timely gift that allows the recipient to choose what they would like.
66 comments| 608 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2010
I had the same experience as Liana - filled out the form with a personal note wishing my niece happy birthday. Two weeks later I got an e-mail from her apologizing for the late note, but she thought it had come from her parents because there was NO note at all. When I explained, she answered by saying, "Odd that they let you include one during the ordering process because what I got was the makings of the present, not the present in final gift form." It's a good thing I had told her mother I was getting that for her or it would have remained a mystery.
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2012
Amazon.com Gift Cards - In a Greeting Card - Free One-Day Shipping

If it would be possible to give negative stars, I would be giving that rating. I ordered a $75.00 gift card that could be enclosed in a birthday card. The advertised description said the card would be delivered to my home address within 24 hours. To make a very long story shorter.....I still have not received this card 16 days after the promised delivery date. I have received 5 notices of extended delivery time. I called to cancel the order on day 14 and was told that the order could not be cancelled because it was "on the truck". I was promised it would definitely be delivered by the 16th day without exception. The 16th day has come and gone without the card being delivered, but I have received another extended delivery date email. After contacting Amazon customer service 3 times during this time period, I have elected to send the gift card digitally. I would have done this 16 days ago if I had any idea of the delay. Amazon said they could give me a $30.00 "promotional" credit on my account. Then, I was told I couldn't use the promotional credit toward the purchase of the digital gift card. Come on, Amazon, you can do better than that! Most reputable retailers would have likely refunded the full amount based on the level of inconvenience. At a minimum,the contractor for the plastic cards should have made things right. I was not allowed to talk with an Amazon supervisor to voice my complaint--and I asked numerous times.

If you want the recipient of your gift card to receive your gift, better to play it safe, and buy your gift card from another retailer. I'm still hoping that the digital gift card will reach my recipient with my apology note. Not the birthday gift I had hoped to give.
44 comments| 258 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2013
I ordered a book and a gift card for my sister for her birthday. I am a prime member, so is my sister so it was a great gift. Or so I thought. I should have done the email one, but I know my niece loves to use the old gift cards for her credit cards when pretend playing. Book got there in two days no problem, the gift card that I ordered at the same time never got there.Ship Carrier: ONTRAC) I wrote to amazon asking where it was after the 3 days. They told me they could refund it (3-5 days) or send a new one. Still nothing, turns out whatever company ONTRAC is decided they couldn't deliver it. Sent it back to Amazon, and now I can't send her a new one under Amazon policy about things being returned unshipped. I still do not even have the refund. My sister said someone else had the same trouble. It seems ONTRAC won't deliver to apartment buildings. So I am not sure why Amazon is using them if they don't go everywhere. Just really sad and disappointing. I ended up getting her an iTunes giftcard via Facebook.