Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Denomination: 50|Design Name: Holiday Globe|Change
Price:$50.00+ Free shipping

on December 27, 2012
I have always had great luck with Amazon gift cards via email, so I assumed a physical gift card would be just as great. I was wrong.

I ordered this gift card as a Christmas present for my sister. I purchased it on Amazon.com and had it shipped directly to her. Next day shipping was perfect given that I waited until the last minute to do Christmas shopping, but that's where the good part of this card ended. When my sister tried to enter the claim code on the card, she got an error message saying there was something wrong with the claim code. She emailed customer service and the response she got was that she needed to have the sender (me) contact the store I bought the card from to have it activated. Let me remind you that I purchased this card on Amazon.com.

So I got in touch with customer service via the online chat option and was told that my issue would have to be elevated to the gift card team and that the card could be activated in 24 to 48 hours. I told the customer service rep that this was not an acceptable option. Then the customer service rep said he'd see what he could do... and came back with the response that I need to go to the store I bought the card from and have make sure the store activates it. Let me remind you yet again that I bought this card from Amazon.com.

Then I gave the customer service rep the card's claim code and the Amazon.com order number. The next response I got was that the gift card's claim code did not match up with what was listed for the order number. Ugh. At this point the customer service rep suggested handing this off to the gift card team, which I agreed to. A few hours later I got an email saying that my credit card would be refunded for this purchase. I never asked for a refund... just wanted to get the gift card working, but in a round about way it did solve my problem because I then went ahead and bought an email gift certificate and that worked perfectly.

After this experience with the card not working and the repeated suggestion from customer service to go to the store I purchased the card from and have them activate it, when I did in fact buy it on Amazon.com, I would definitely steer away from the physical gift card and go for the email version instead.
77 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2012
I needed to receive my $100 boxed gift card by a certain date and paid additional charges for next day delivery. This was very early in the holiday season and I did not anticipate any problems. The boxed card should have arrived on a Saturday and did not.

When it did not arrive the following Monday, I called Amazon to cancel the order. The Amazon representative was helpful and polite and did cancel the order.

I then printed an online gift certificate from Amazon on Monday. The boxed gift card arrive on Tuesday. The credit for the first order has been received and I am satisfied with how Amazon handled the issue. I was disappointed in having paid for special delivery and not receiving it. The packaged gift card was very nice and I would have much rather given that as a gift than the one I had to print online.
55 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2014
I purchased this gift card for my sister for Christmas. She tried to use it and it didn't work. It took her at least a half an hour on the phone to straighten it out. The actual number on the back of the card matched nothing. It was quite a process to get it straighten it out. Needless to say, I was disappointed she had so much trouble with a gift card.
on December 29, 2012
Received this gift card very promptly and was very happy to have it for Christmas.
However, to my great embarrassment, when my son went to purchase items on Amazon, the card had no money on it even though I was charged $50 for the gift card
on December 17, 2012
It came very quickly and it was in a very nice box which made for very easy gift giving !!!
on December 14, 2012
Great Product and SUPER FAST SHIPPING! You can never go wrong with a gift card from Amazon! My parents read all the time and it is a perfect gift for them!
on December 13, 2012
I received this in one day and it is wrapped beautiful and ready for giving. This is worry free shopping and giving.
on December 13, 2012
The box is sealed but if you take the seal stickers off right away, (and slowly) it wont mess up the package at all.
on July 3, 2013
i bought this gift card for my mother in law for christmas 2012, she just called to inform me that they would not honor it. i am quite unhappy about this, as the purchase quite obviously shows up it my order history. i will be looking into this further once i arrive home.

update: Amazon did resolve the issue by sending a new gift card. Embarrassing, but at least resolved.
on November 20, 2014
Arrived in great time and in good shape. I was worried about some of the reviews saying some gift cards came in with bent boxes or cans. Both of mine were well packaged and not a problem at all. Very glad I ordered these. Thank you