Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Amazon eGift Card - Smile
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

4.8 out of 5 stars106,591
Denomination: 100|Design Name: Smile|Change
Price:$100.00

An Amazon.com official commented on the review below
on October 31, 2012
This is the second time I sent 2 gift cards. One was delivered and one wasn't. They were both to the same email address. You used to send confirmation that the person got it. You don't do that anymore. Now I feel like I need to check with everyone I sent gift cards to to make sure they got them. Now I feel like I can't trust they are delivered without getting confirmation that they have been received.
4242 comments|1,948 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
An Amazon.com official commented on this review (What's this?)
We are sorry for any customer that may have experienced this or a similar issue. Seeing that many customers have found this review helpful, we want to confirm that Amazon does send confirmation emails. These emails are sent to you when the recipient views the gift card. You can track the status of your gift card by visiting the "Your Orders" page in your account on Amazon.com. You can also resend the gift card to the same or a new email address if, for example, the recipient did not receive it or misplaced it, as long as the gift card has not already been claimed or redeemed. Thank you for your feedback. It is important to us to continue to improve the service and selection we provide.
on April 14, 2011
I've used the gift cards many times and my children and grandchildren love getting them.
My main negative comment is that I wish Amazon would send me an e-mail message letting me know when the recipient has used the gift card. I get a message confirming my purchase but I'd like to know when it was actually used.
Sometimes I think Amazon could charge my credit card but not send the gift card. I don't want to ask the person I sent it to, if they received it.
6666 comments|2,158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2012
I thought for a change I would do an e-gift card through Amazon, the giftee never received the e-card, I am still trying to get a refund at this point. I wont be doing this again. I've never had an issue with anything from Amazon until this situation. I am not a happy Customer.
77 comments|687 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2012
My sister, the recipient of the e-card (a November birthday gift) says she never received online notification with a claim number. I had it re-sent and that didn't work either. I contacted Amazon customer service and was told it was sent again, but I don't believe it was or it would certainly have turned up in her incoming e-mail, which she does check regularly. She's not too tech savvy, she's disappointed, and I'm upset.

I would have preferred a sure-fire solution from Amazon that gives me the option of having an actual physical snail-mailed card sent in light of her problem receiving the e-card -- or having the $25 paid-for the gift e-card revert to my Amazon account. As it stands, I seem to be out the $25 and my sister is out a gift.
22 comments|94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2015
The great thing about these amazon gift cards is that it makes a much better gift than simply giving someone a gift card to a specific store, since you can buy almost anything on amazon.

The negative aspect is that sometimes I don't believe that the gift card was received, until the person who got it actually redeems it, at which point it shows in your orders that the card has been used. The saving grace to this, is that you may "resend" the gift card up until it gets reedemed, just incase the email that includes the card gets lost or never arrives.

Anyway, a way around this is simply buying a physical amazon gift card if that suits you better.

Cheers!
33 comments|473 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
An Amazon.com official commented on the review below
on October 21, 2012
My husband has still not received his gift card for $250.00 that I purchased for him in September. I have "chatted" many times with customer service only to have an incident report sent to the Gift Card department. They always reply to me that all is fine. ALL IS NOT FINE. I AM OUT $250.00.
2727 comments|1,093 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
An Amazon.com official commented on this review (What's this?)
We are sorry for any inconvenience customers may have experienced with gift card delivery. Because many customers have found this review helpful, we want to share some information that may help any customers who experience a similar situation. If an email gift card has not been received, or was sent to the wrong email address, it is possible to resend the gift card if it has not yet been claimed to an Amazon account. To resend an email gift card, sign in to your Amazon account and select "Your Orders", find your gift card order, and click the "Resend Gift Card" button. You will be able to enter the same or a new email address.

on October 23, 2012
I wanted to buy a giftcard for someone in living in Canada and unfortunately bought the gift card from Amazon.com. Amazon.com now refuses to transfer my gift card amount to Amazon.ca. Absolutely not happy that the overall company is not willing to help out. Be very careful when ordering Canada vs U.S.
44 comments|230 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2013
I love emailing gift cards to people... it's so simple, hassle-free, and you don't have to worry about shipping or any of the other potential problems associated with most other forms of gift-giving/mailing things... Or so I thought. >.> It took... 3(?) tries (having to resend the card through Amazon's order details page) over the course of at least a month for this stupid gift card to finally go through to the person's email account, and there was absolutely no reason on THEIR end that it was delayed, lost in cyberspace somewhere, etc. (And yes, they checked all their folders and random various places that emails accidentally wind up rather than the inbox sometimes, and even searched specifically FOR the card... it just wasn't there... anywhere). I can see no reason whatsoever for there to have been such an enormous problem with a simple automated email getting sent where it was supposed to go in a reasonable time-frame. Amazon should be giving me some kind of "we're sorry for being a pain in the ass" gift or something. Seriously. I'm just sayin'.
66 comments|311 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2012
My nephew still hasn't recieved the gift card through email. I've resent twice. I even tried sending to a different email account - nothing. I would not recommend using this service.
22 comments|378 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2012
Although I have sent you a reminder my daughter-in-law has still not received her gift. What are you going to do to put this right ?Amazon.com Gift Cards - E-mail Delivery
33 comments|191 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse