1,192 Reviews
 (1,020)

5.0 out of 5 stars Holiday Gift Cards In Great Snowflake Tins, Love These!
UPDATE 12/7/13: If you're thinking of ordering these for the 2013 holidays don't wait until the last minute. Last year the $50 denomination was sold out by mid December and they didn't get any more until after the holidays.

Published on December 11, 2012 by Ellen Ripley

3.0 out of 5 stars I recommend purchasing Amazon gift cards, but....
Love the look of the tin, the wrapping, and the fast service (with Prime of course), but since I purchased 5 of $50 gift cards and 5 or $100 gift cards, I had to unwrap all of them to see the denomination. Which means that the wrapping that I paid for is now ruined because it was put together so well that the double stick tape pulled off the color on the box...
Published 1 month ago by LS

5.0 out of 5 stars Holiday Gift Cards In Great Snowflake Tins, Love These!, December 11, 2012
This review is from: Amazon.com Gift Cards - In a Gift Box - Free One-Day Shipping (Paper Gift Certificate)

These are nice looking holiday gift cards with great, versatile snowflake boxes. The boxes are NOT cardboard. They are tins(metal containers) which look very nice and open and close well. They are a good quality. Although they have a snowflake design, they are attractive enough to be repurposed into things like containers to hold earrings or other small items after the holidays.

When I placed my order I was a bit worried because the order said [Paper Gift Certificate], but the gift cards I received are regular plastic cards like credit cards.

I bought one $50 Amazon gift card with snowflake tin that I am giving for the holidays. But I also plan on giving a lot of other types of gift cards for Xmas and most don't come with any kind of box or container which means you have to buy a little box for about $1.99 or find a card to put them in to make them presentable gifts.

So I spent an additional $200 to get 4 extra snowflake tins to use for the holidays for other gift cards. I have young nieces who will just love these containers. And now that I have a $200 Amazon Gift Card Balance I'm using it to pick up other holiday gifts on Amazon. Win-Win for me as the tins are basically free since I shop a lot on Amazon. Plus I paid for it with my Amazon.com Rewards Visa so I'm pretty sure I'll earn 3 points per $1 spent.(I don't think there is any exclusion for gift cards. Should find out in a few days.)

With the Free One-Day Shipping I was able to order these on Dec 9th and received them on Dec 10th. They were securely packaged stacked inside a cardboard wrap around mailer. I would have preferred them to ship in a regular box with each one individually bubble wrapped, but none of mine were damaged.

Originally Amazon was only offering these gift cards in denominations of $50 (they got a bunch of low ratings because people wanted more denominations), but more choices have been added. Choose from $50, $75, $100, $150, $200, $250, $350, $500, $750 & $1000.

UPDATE 12/18/12: I guess these have become quite popular, the $50 denomination is sold out.

3.0 out of 5 stars I recommend purchasing Amazon gift cards, but...., December 10, 2014

I still recommend the wrapping ONLY if you purchase one denomination.

Wish they could have indicated which denomination was which with a sticker of some sort or different color box.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Tin!!!, December 19, 2013
Pritch (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This was part of a larger gift order shipped to family out of state. Card was tossed on top of other items and was not in the promised snowflake tin. The tin is what prompted me to select this item and I am not happy about this!

An Amazon.com official commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Cute idea, poor execution., December 13, 2013
I ordered two gift cards for holiday gifts for coworkers. The cards arrived, next day as promised, which was great, but both tins in which the cards were packaged, were bent and gnarly looking. The "personalized note" supposedly included with each gift card, was printed on a single continuous strip of paper like an adding machine tape. Am I really supposed to cut that in half and include them with the gift cards? Real classy. Amazon fail.

stem
An Amazon.com official commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Dec 4, 2014 10:42:57 AM PST
We are sorry for any customers who may have received damaged tins or boxes. In response to the issue, we have taken steps to improve the durability of the tins and boxes for our gift cards with reinforced material. In the rare case that a customer still receives a damaged item, please contact customer service, and we will work with you to remedy the issue.

Thank you for your feedback. It is important to us to continue to improve the service and selection we provide.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terminate the packer !!!, November 8, 2013
I love Amazon goods & services...however, the packaging was the worst I have experienced for any on-line retailer and I purchase a lot on line. Worse yet, Amazon shipped via USPS and I got the lazy driver who simply dropped the cardboard package at the curb. The cardboard was NOT sealed at either end and the contents were exposed, hanging out of the package.
I now went to the original site and read the numerous reviews. All customers complained about the terrible packaging and many experienced more severe problems with the contents being crushed, etc. Amazon apparently does not read customer reviews because they continue to use an inappropriate package. All Amazon has to do to correct the poor packaging is to add package tape to both ends of the package. Next year I will buy the gift cards at my local church...no packaging required.
The rating reflects the packaging, not the item.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good shipping packaging!, December 14, 2012
V Marceron (Kingsland, GA United States) - See all my reviews
The packaging/mailing box on this and my other gift cards needed to be taped! I slid my hand right inside the end and pulled it open. And why would you have us include a gift note to the recipient if it was going to be typed ON THE INVOICE !! DUH ..
and with the other 2 gift cards! Maybe be easy for Amazon, but not personal enough. I also see thieft happening too easily with the shipping box!

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't order the extra $2 wrapping, December 17, 2014
I choose the additional $2 wrapping for this gift card and it came torn. This was a gift to my colleagues and had to get rid of the wrapping before gifting.

5.0 out of 5 stars cute packaging, December 14, 2012
love the packaging, it's cute and will definitely make the recipient happy. I love the snowflake shape, makes it a bit different than the other more conventional shapes

1.0 out of 5 stars VICTIMIZED BY AMAZON, December 10, 2014
PLEASE DON'T MISTAKE THIS REVIEW AS BEING ABOUT THE CARD ITSELF, IT'S NOT. IT'S ABOUT AMAZON (N0N)REPLACEMENT POLICIES. ALL FIVE CARDS WERE STOLEN ENROUTE AND AMAZON CUSTOMER (NON) SERVICE WON'T MAKE ANY EFFORTS TO REPLACE THEM OR REFUND MY MONEY. I HAVE CALLED AND RE-TOLD THE STORY DOZENS OF TIMES TO NO AVAIL. IT'S ALWAYS SOME OTHER (MYSTERY) DEPARTMENT'S ISSUE. IS I COULD ACTUALLY SPEAK WITH SOMONE IN CHARGE, I FEEL THE ISSUES WOULD BE RESOLVED, BUT APPARENTLY THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE EITHER. HEAVEN HELP ANY CUSTOMERS WHO FIND THEMSELVES THE VICTIM OF AN DELIVERY THEFT- YOU WILL BE VICTIMIZED AGAIAN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN BY AMAZON.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stars are nice addition to gift card!, November 14, 2013
Thomas & Joyce Beman (Red Creek, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I turned the card around so the Happy Holiday message would be what shows in little window instead of a bar code and the amount. So first will see card message and then can take out and turn over for the amount they are getting as a gift. Will look fun under Christmas tree, the stars among the packages! Nice way to present a gift card. However, of course could be put in a little box and wrapped if you prefer. What I WOULD like to see is more, different messages. Happy Holidays is not my preference, better to say what holiday it is, such as MERRY CHRISTMAS, JOY TO THE WORLD, BLESSINGS, PEACE, that type. A nice extra to the gift card though. Thanks Amazon!