5.0 out of 5 stars Holiday Gift Cards In Great Snowflake Tins, Love These!
UPDATE 12/7/13: If you're thinking of ordering these for the 2013 holidays don't wait until the last minute. Last year the $50 denomination was sold out by mid December and they didn't get any more until after the holidays.

Published 19 months ago by Ellen Ripley

1.0 out of 5 stars No Tin!!!
This was part of a larger gift order shipped to family out of state. Card was tossed on top of other items and was not in the promised snowflake tin. The tin is what prompted me to select this item and I am not happy about this!
Published 7 months ago by Pritch

5.0 out of 5 stars Holiday Gift Cards In Great Snowflake Tins, Love These!, December 11, 2012

These are nice looking holiday gift cards with great, versatile snowflake boxes. The boxes are NOT cardboard. They are tins(metal containers) which look very nice and open and close well. They are a good quality. Although they have a snowflake design, they are attractive enough to be repurposed into things like containers to hold earrings or other small items after the holidays.

When I placed my order I was a bit worried because the order said [Paper Gift Certificate], but the gift cards I received are regular plastic cards like credit cards.

I bought one $50 Amazon gift card with snowflake tin that I am giving for the holidays. But I also plan on giving a lot of other types of gift cards for Xmas and most don't come with any kind of box or container which means you have to buy a little box for about $1.99 or find a card to put them in to make them presentable gifts.

So I spent an additional $200 to get 4 extra snowflake tins to use for the holidays for other gift cards. I have young nieces who will just love these containers. And now that I have a $200 Amazon Gift Card Balance I'm using it to pick up other holiday gifts on Amazon. Win-Win for me as the tins are basically free since I shop a lot on Amazon. Plus I paid for it with my Amazon.com Rewards Visa so I'm pretty sure I'll earn 3 points per $1 spent.(I don't think there is any exclusion for gift cards. Should find out in a few days.)

With the Free One-Day Shipping I was able to order these on Dec 9th and received them on Dec 10th. They were securely packaged stacked inside a cardboard wrap around mailer. I would have preferred them to ship in a regular box with each one individually bubble wrapped, but none of mine were damaged.

Originally Amazon was only offering these gift cards in denominations of $50 (they got a bunch of low ratings because people wanted more denominations), but more choices have been added. Choose from $50, $75, $100, $150, $200, $250, $350, $500, $750 & $1000.

UPDATE 12/18/12: I guess these have become quite popular, the $50 denomination is sold out.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Tin!!!, December 19, 2013
Pritch (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift Card in a Tin - EXCELLENT, December 10, 2012
This review is from: Amazon.com Gift Cards - In a Gift Box - Free One-Day Shipping (Paper Gift Certificate)
Arrived the next day. As ordered. Excellent. Nice snowflake design tin. Only wish card selection was offered. Prefer the word "Christmas" over "Holiday" in all my Christmas purchases.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good shipping packaging!, December 14, 2012
V Marceron (Kingsland, GA United States) - See all my reviews
The packaging/mailing box on this and my other gift cards needed to be taped! I slid my hand right inside the end and pulled it open. And why would you have us include a gift note to the recipient if it was going to be typed ON THE INVOICE !! DUH ..
and with the other 2 gift cards! Maybe be easy for Amazon, but not personal enough. I also see thieft happening too easily with the shipping box!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars on the snowflake tin!, December 9, 2012
Need to give $100? Who wouldn't want to have more presents to open? These are cute and why not have more than one tin to reuse? Really! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars cute packaging, December 14, 2012
love the packaging, it's cute and will definitely make the recipient happy. I love the snowflake shape, makes it a bit different than the other more conventional shapes

1.0 out of 5 stars Cute idea, poor execution., December 13, 2013
I ordered two gift cards for holiday gifts for coworkers. The cards arrived, next day as promised, which was great, but both tins in which the cards were packaged, were bent and gnarly looking. The "personalized note" supposedly included with each gift card, was printed on a single continuous strip of paper like an adding machine tape. Am I really supposed to cut that in half and include them with the gift cards? Real classy. Amazon fail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, December 7, 2012
I was specifically looking for a $50 gift card, so this was perfect for me. The packaging is very attractive: tasteful but still festive.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon, are you guys checkin the details?!, December 12, 2013
All Three Of The Gift Boxes Were Crushed! Not Good, Not Good At All. I Hope Amazon Will Make Good On This Issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as it looks!, December 12, 2012
No surprise here. It was just what it said it was and looks just like the picture. The tin is of good quality and I am pleased to give it as a gift!

Amazon.com Snowflake Gift Card Box - $50