Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Amazon Music with Prime Music forum

So is the Amazon mp3 downloader for Linux officially abandoned, or what?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 7, 2011 9:07:13 AM PDT
It hasn't been updated in two years. It does not work on 64-bit Linux. There's a getlibs hack to make it work for Debian/Ubuntu 64-bit, but even that doesn't work with the release of Ubuntu 11.04 because the obsolete 32-bit libraries it links to are no longer in the repositories.

Why release something and then not support it?

For anyone else having the same problem: The Banshee Amazon plugin by Aaron Bockover works fine.

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 2:09:18 PM PDT
Bill Adams says:
It would be nice if they would at least remove the old versions from the website and not pretend to support Linux.

clamz is another CLI program that can download the tracks: http://code.google.com/p/clamz/

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 8:20:54 AM PDT
Brock Wilcox says:
clamz works great, I just used it for the first time. Even without official linux support, continued props to Amazon for their DRM-freedom!

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 7:52:02 PM PDT
clamz recently stopped working as there's no way to download an AMZ file from Linux due to some recent site updates. Linux users who want to download full albums are pretty much out of luck, and should probably look to alternatives.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 1:47:17 AM PDT
It's just ridiculous that amazon dropped the support for Linux. I've spent hundreds of dollars while it was supported, today I bought a new mp3 player and was greeted with the stupid message that I must download one song at a time... well no thanks, no longer a customer.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 7:54:11 PM PST
Well, Amazon, since you made the boneheaded decision to drop support for Linux for your mp3 downloads, i decided not to continue doing ANY business with you, that includes CD's, Books, or any other gadgets that you sell. maybe you will give it real thought as to what that agreement under N.D.A with Microsoft really cost you.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  May 7, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about