Amazon not matching Wal-Mart price? I know the Cricut Expression was on sale today at Wal-Mart for $188, is Amazon going to match that price? Was hoping to get one for my mother as a Christmas present, and would rather give my money to Amazon instead of Wal-Mart.
asked by J. Wilmes on November 27, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
The version sold at Walmart was slightly different from what is available here on Amazon. It has a colored housing (not the white/cream sold everywhere else) and also came with only one cartridge. After reading about a lot of Black Friday deal "scams" I believe the way they are skirting the price matching deal is through a "Walmart only" version, as noted by the "exclusive colors" in the ad.

One way around matching the price is by offering a unique serial number/model number or color. That way it's not an identical product others would match in price and you are forced to shop at their location to get the product you want at the price you want.

HTH.
SpceCadet answered on November 27, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Anyone can post the Firmware version those machines (Expression or Personal) are shipping with?
It should show up on the screen following a menu selection for 'Info' or 'About'. It is because you cannot use Sure Cut A Lot 2 with other revisions than:
CricutTM Personal - Firmware v1.1 or 1.3 **
CricutTM Expression - Firmware v2.1 or 2.3 **
CricutTM Create - Firmware v1.51 **
CricutTM Cake - Firmware v2.3x **
I guess if you have to high revision number to begin with, there is no way to downgrade. On the other hand if it is too low, upgrading to the most recent might result in having too high version number.
P. Polanowski answered on February 21, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I noticed the same thing. Thanks for making that point.
Margaret Parks answered on November 27, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mine came with two cartridges...one a Cricut Solutions cartridge and the other the Plaintin Schoolbook cartridge. I am tickled pink with the machine I got at Wal-Mart. Love the green color, too! Makes it sort of different.
Nancy Walker answered on December 2, 2009

A
Very important point, because if you want to work with the Design Studio or Gypsy, you are going to have to upgrade to the latest firmware to access those programs.
Plein Jane answered on March 14, 2011

A
There is a new program out that allows you to cut any font or design using your cricut which means you would never need to buy another of the expensive cartridges. I design files for it and you can find them at http://www.scrapbookcutters.com the information about the program can be found on my blog. I also own a yahoo group where you can get tons of information too. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CriCut/
Sarah J Covington answered on December 26, 2009
Comment | 1 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product