Amazon pricing? The price listed for this lens by Amazon is $400. However, Canon's site for this lens (http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_288151_-1) lists the price as only $299. Why is the Amazon price inflated?
asked by Montgomery A. Lee on December 12, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Yes it seems something has changed with Amazon, maybe the management ,someone trying to make a name for him or herself, but i tell you what , Netflix recently raised all their prices and lost customers and their stock went down significantly!Love Amazon and am hoping these high prices are temporary as some sort of an experiment, but i can say this, in the past month Amazon has been the highest price on almost everything when i compare prices.
Trewthe answered on December 28, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This pricing scheme mostly has to do with a camera special. The price always skyrockets to an exorbitant amount when you are offered a good discount on select lenses when you buy a certain camera(s). After the special is over, the prices go back to normal.

$399 was just too ridiculous. The person or program that adjust these prices is whack if they/it thinks someone will pay 25% more than the MSRP. (I wonder how many people actually did... ::facepalm::)
Pamela answered on December 29, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
MSRP
Busy Reader answered on December 12, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Wouldn't Canon have the official MSRP? They are the manufacturer of the lens.
Montgomery A. Lee answered on December 12, 2011

A
Never again will i buy stuff during "cyber week"... The price has come down $55 in the past week on this!!!
Kelley B answered on December 12, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product