Is Amazon shipping the WNDR3700 V2 Just wondering if anyone knows if Amazon is now selling the V2 of the WNDR3700? I've been waiting to see when this upgraded hardware version will be available. Thanks.
asked by DHAlmond on December 22, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 43 answers
A
Heh, I see I'm not the only one. The one I received has the 1.0.4.68 firmware on it - so that would be a v1. And I got it on the 22nd of December 2010 - yesterday. So either they're not shipping the v2, or they're not paying any attention to which boxes are which and just throwing them out there. I think I'm going to go call Amazon customer support.
Z. T. Heise answered on December 23, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, I read about this "premium red edition" of the WDNR3800 - seems like the same thing, actually, so I'm not too concerned. Generally, routers with "premium" names can be unlocked by custom firmware like DD-WRT (check it out if you haven't) because they're the same as the "lower" ones like the WDNR3700 that we have, they just have a slightly unlocked firmware. So, we'll see!
Z. T. Heise answered on January 6, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just received my router on January 5th 2011 and it's a v1 with firmware V1.0.4.68NA
Steve Butts answered on January 5, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Well I am now back to a factory RESET! This router has become so unstable I can only hope now. It had some bizarre interference that even made my mouse fail with BOTH of the other versions but the original. Biggest problem now is I am unable to stream high def movies on my USB drive without unbearable stutter....And for those want news about Netgear? Here ya go! http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/ces-2011/31371-netgears-ces-2011-announcements

With this news, and all the conflicts I am suffering, I hate to but may return this like the Linksys E300 that wouldn't work and just wait till the smoke clears. This isn't fun anymore.
USMC Combat Vet answered on January 5, 2011

A
Strange - according to Netgear's forums, it's been released to retailers.

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=60509

But I haven't seen it anywhere. Most likely, it's in the back of stockrooms, waiting for the current v1 stock to run out before it's put onto shelves. Good luck finding anything on Amazon's "shelves" but perhaps at a brick and mortar store people will have better luck convincing teenaged employees to go check the back rooms for a crisp $5. :P
Z. T. Heise answered on January 12, 2011

A
I ordered the WNDR3700 yesterday, arrived today, I'll let you know.
Keith E Cappell answered on December 22, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes I would like to know this as well. Is V2 better than v1. I read more memory or more 5ghz pwr increase. true?
S. Schwartz answered on December 24, 2010

A
@Keith E Cappell: Hi, would appreciate if you could advise whether you got WNDR3700v1 or WNDR3700v2 from amazon ? Thanks.
bbshopper answered on December 26, 2010

A
Supposedly there is an increase of internal flash storage (not RAM) to 16 MB from 8 MB, and yes, there's supposed to be a larger power output on the 5GHz antenna. But I'm only going off what I've read on the netgear forums. The main thing that appeals to me is native IPv6 compatibility without the need to put DD WRT on it.
Z. T. Heise answered on December 27, 2010

A
The unit I got just yesterday from Amazon has no mention of it being either version 1 OR 2? But woks amazingly well either way! (unlike my Linksys E3000 I returned today).....
USMC Combat Vet answered on January 4, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›