Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
When does Amazon get these in stock? Anyone know how long it takes Amazon to get these in stock? I preordered one and it seems nearly every reseller has them in stock except Amazon.
asked by David Culp on October 28, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 21-29 of 29 answers
A
I've been pretty disgruntled about this as well (I posted somewhere else about it in the forum). I'm not going to waste my time venting about how ridiculous a couple of the service rep's have been with their 'non-answers', but I'll let you know that I pre-ordered it on the 25th, and I just got an email this morning telling me that I should receive it Nov. 10-12th.

I would have purchased elsewhere because of this whole debacle, but I wasn't confident ordering from some of the other supposed resellers after reading of others' past issues (namely return policies and DOA shipments). Also, I just registered for an Amazon Visa, so it was (although timely) more effective for me to purchase here.
inboccaallupo answered on October 29, 2011
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just talked to a rep at Amazon about this. He was less than no help. I wish I'd come across this thread prior to ordering, because I'm not sure I would have made the same decision. Obviously I can (and still may) cancel it. Depends how impatient I get :-)
S. Lacey answered on October 30, 2011
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I still haven't received an updated email yet. I think they're gonna send out everything in one giant batch sometimes next week and let shipping speed do their job. I'm almost sure that none of the amazon orders for the new MacBook pro went out yet.
Audiocracy answered on October 30, 2011

A
I was on the phone to them and asked him to check if he can tell me when. He took my shipping information and stuff, then told me its only a pre-order... Wow to the intelligence of amazon.
RayanB answered on October 28, 2011
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Has Amazon given you a tentative arrival date yet? I argued my price down to $1709 the other day although it wasn't easy (the Amazon rep. didn't want to honor it but I referred him to their policies under the Help > pre-order pricing section!)

After they told me the estimated delivery time, I changed the shipping to two-day [from the free rate] and now it once again says "we need a little bit more time before we inform you..." which is all fine (it being the weekend) but I'll be really upset if Amazon says it will still be delivered at the same time as the free super-saver option.
inboccaallupo answered on October 30, 2011

A
I'm using Prime, so one-day shipping only cost 4 bucks for me. I also caught the MBP at $1709 instead of its $1750s price, so the saving is HUGE. I'm not looking forward to transferring all 400 gigs of data from my old MBP so I'll just wait like a good boy (:
Audiocracy answered on October 29, 2011

A
Well, I updated myself to 2-day shipping in hopes that I'll get my computer sooner... I've decided that I'm so sick of waiting, I don't mind paying the extra moola. Hopefully Amazon gets their 'oomph' together and starts shipping 'em out - I'm sick of waiting for that "shipped" email!
inboccaallupo answered on October 29, 2011

A
I made the purchase but did not know it would take so much time :/
E. Urbano answered on October 29, 2011

A
[Deleted by the author on Oct 30, 2011 10:16:10 AM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product