Customer Discussions > Guts forum

How long does it take Amazon to upload (Video on Demand) an episode after it airs on t.v.?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2010 8:05:48 PM PST
I'm waiting for the latest episode of a t.v. show to show up in the Amazon Video on Demand queue, for me to buy. It ended on t.v. already, and the FAQs from Amazon say they upload "as soon as possible" after it airs on t.v., which is pretty much as vague as they can make it (how soon is that? An hour? A day? 2 days? A week?).

So I thought I'd ask the experts (other users) how long it usually takes, in their experience. Thanks!

Posted on Nov 14, 2010 9:04:17 PM PST
C. Poitras says:
Hey scandalusz,

I really think within several hours but I really dont know exact because im in bed not too long after the show ends. By the morning though its aval for download.. Safe rule is just expect it when you get up in the morning..

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2010 9:25:58 AM PST
Claudine L says:
it usually takes about 24 hrs :hardly ever on the same day, usually becomes available the day after, sometime in the afternoon...Some shows show up quicker than others, but you can always write CS and ask them "where's my show" ?they will usually then put it up within a few hours...good luck!

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 6:03:22 PM PDT
Joel Carson says:
I found out my show comes on t.v.on Mondays. For some odd reason, I don't have the channel it plays on. its been over a week now, and the newest episode still isn't on Amazon.

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 5:51:58 AM PDT
Claudine L says:
Write to them!If they usually follow the show and previous episodes are posted sometimes they're a bit slow or seem to "forget" ??? Either way, Ive noticed that when i write to customer service through "contact" and ask them why the latest episode hasnt been posted yet and if they intend to do so eventually or have just stopped the show for some reason...I usually notice the episode in question gets posted in the next 12 hours or so.Worked for me both times I bothered to write,so try it!

Posted on May 9, 2013 12:20:50 AM PDT
Most likely, it's whenever the content owner feels is a good wait time to put it online, much like how Hulu is often hamstrung by eight-day or even five-week delays. Only speedier because Amazon actually knows how to negotiate for decent distribution rights.

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 6:30:56 PM PDT
I've had tem up as soon as midnight folowing the airing.

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 6:31:04 PM PDT
I've had them up as soon as midnight folowing the airing.

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 6:02:15 PM PST
Well, if you think about it, if it airs on the east coast at 9 pm, then it may not air until later on the west coast so they may have to wait until it is over airing there. Just a thought.

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 1:15:40 AM PST
Tanya Mertes says:
I just got one that aired 7pm yesterday @12:17 am. My guess is they sytematically release the at midnight pst. could be a little sooner or later.

Posted on Sep 9, 2014 7:28:38 PM PDT
billy says:
way a couple of seasons of the (non prime) single SoA episodes worked for me on the east coast was 10-11/12 pm here and available 3-5am here (usually by4am). I'll ride with tanya above and say 5 hours after initial airing begins is about the norm.

reason I'm scoping around now is a FULL SEASON ONLY purchase option was made possible at the start of the shows normal EST time and now I plunked more than 10 single show prices at once and am curious as to how this works and dying to see the shows final seasons premiere... =) (update as to how that current issue pans out later)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2014 11:36:38 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 19, 2014 11:36:53 PM PDT]

Posted on Jan 6, 2015 1:54:17 PM PST
DanO says:
If a new t.v. show airs in prime time, (Person of Interest) how soon and how do i view it using my Amazon Prime membership. CBS is offering the show 25 hrs after first airing for $5.99 fee a month.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Guts forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Guts
Guts by Michelle MacLaren
4.7 out of 5 stars   (2,493)