Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on Tikes
Customer Discussions > Columbo: The Complete Series forum

Amazon, as usual, jacked up the price1

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 30, 2012 5:20:39 AM PST
J. Smith says:
I put this set on my wish list hoping to get it for Christmas. At that time, it was $79.95 and a bargain. Not under the tree, so I decided to get it today myself. Imagine --- Amazon has yet again raised the price of an item. Instead of a bargain at under 80 bucks it's now a gouge at nearly $129. Wow.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013 8:30:18 AM PDT
Yes, I noticed that too! I should have snagged it when it was $80 :(

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 6:45:55 PM PDT
Just saw it last week for $ its 127.00.hope it goes back down.I will buy then.
Shame.I bookmarked it intending to buy soon.will wait.

Posted on Apr 19, 2013 12:08:01 AM PDT
He was a wonderful actor, Peter Falk. We really did enjoy watching him over the years, back in those days. I seem to recall he had many personal problems and issues, although I barely remember any of the specifics.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2013 2:06:28 AM PDT
BBD says:
Well now its $56.99 for Friday the 19th April only, a gold box deal of the week. Maybe you'll see my reply notification on this and snag it at $57, I know I just did an hour ago.

Posted on Apr 19, 2013 4:35:56 AM PDT
Just bought it.Amazon cant be beat.I've been using amazon for ten years or more now and at times I don't understand how they could be turning a profit.
I hope they are.I don't really shop anywhere else.$57.00......where else are you going to find this set at that price?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2013 7:00:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 19, 2013 7:07:08 AM PDT
BBD says:
Just one thing......haha, just kidding, I was getting started early on my Columboisms, I can't wait to get mine, ya know, I grew up watching these, I'm only 45 years old, I'm not really sure if I have seen all his movies, or all the shows, but yeah, I really couldn't afford it right now, had to buy other things at wal you know where last night and swore I was busted till next month for extras, then I see this gold box deal. I've bought a number of television shows on the gold box deals over the years, ya never know when something comes up on a one day sale only.
I'll never forget when I bought the restored Basil Rathbone/Nigel Bruce Shirlock Holmes movie collection for $55 one day gold box sale, that was like nearly two thirds off as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2013 2:04:43 PM PDT
I am 45 as well and remember watching Columbo on Sunday nights in the late seventies to early eighties.Been watching a lot of episodes on netflix but they don't have every episode.Great show.
Oddly enough its the only police/crime show I will watch.Peter Falk is fantastic.
Basil Rathbone 's Sherlock is great too.I think I got every one.

Posted on Apr 20, 2013 6:56:35 PM PDT
For the umpteenth time, Amazon's prices like any retailer are NOT written in stone. You see a great deal, get it then, not next week, not next month, not next year. That or just be patient, and wait because they do repeat good deals on DVDs.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2013 5:03:13 AM PDT
dylan fan says:
you have to watch out for the gold box deals amazon has each day. i bought each day i bought my columbo set for 56.oo.

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 10:44:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 26, 2013 10:47:00 AM PDT
BBD says:
I received my columbo yesterday, already watched the first 1960's episode, so far film quality is excellent, I am assuming they had film print of these shows to make copies, or likely for most of them. The first one, I don't know if I ever saw it, the second one I need to finish I have seen before so long ago I can only surmise Columbo figures it all out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2013 4:17:51 AM PST
Tom Burkert says:
It's $52 today....if you hurry!

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 5:47:02 AM PST
WHAT Is the SHipping on Colombo series and how do we check RED box and GOld box each DAY. I never knew what it was till now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2013 8:51:05 AM PST
J. morrison says:
Another thing...I got it for $52.49 free shipping. Such a deal.

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 8:57:16 AM PST
Mamzelle says " how do we check RED box and GOld box each DAY"
On Amazon's page up at top it says "Today's Deals".

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2014 3:56:10 PM PST can sign up for e-mail. Amazon will send you a daily e-mail letting you know what the Gold Box deal of the day is for that day. That's what I do. That way, you will never have to miss another great bargain. Good luck!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Dec 30, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 7, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Columbo: The Complete Series
Columbo: The Complete Series by Peter Falk (DVD - 2012)
4.8 out of 5 stars (905)